Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13
Author Topic: Beginner's guide to MK64n's method without patching + Tips for using 3DS MAX  (Read 65321 times)
JBG
Semi-Retired Crumudgeon

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 12:22:53 PM »

Ok, so I'm still a little confused, maybe it's the general process. That helped me a little though.

Hopefully my last question (I know I'm sounding like a noob). With the polygon03, do you edit that at all to fix the warping?

BTW I'm doing this with Toon Link so this might be a little different.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »

Hopefully my last question (I know I'm sounding like a noob). With the polygon03, do you edit that at all to fix the warping?
    I don't understand your question.
    The process is quite simple, as it's basically the same as the first morphing you did :

1st Morphing :
    You take a clean model as a base (since you removed your edits with the little bulb), and morph it with your edited model and the "clean" vertex set.

2nd Morphing :
    You take the same clean model than before (which is still there), and morph it with the weirded out model you got and with the "clean" vertex set again (actually, if you do everything in one go, first and second morphing, there's no need to change anything for this last one to be done).
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:55:53 PM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »

I don't understand your question.
    The process is quite simple, as it's basically the same as the first morphing you did :

1st Morphing :
    You take a clean model as a base (since you removed your edits with the little bulb), and morph it with your edited model and the "clean" vertex set.

2nd Morphing :
    You take the same clean model than before (which is still there), and morph it with the weirded out model you got and with the "clean" vertex set again (actually, if you do everything in one go, first and second morphing, there's no need to change anything for this last one to be done).

God I must be like stupid or something because this is confusing me for some reason.

For the second patch, you morph the cloud from the first patch with...the iimported .dae that looks weird, and the vertex set that you imported?

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 03:29:43 PM »

Well hey, it worked...sorta.

Is it possible that things need a triple patch? Because there's still some minor warping with what I've got, but maybe it'll be covered up by my other edits.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »

God I must be like stupid or something because this is confusing me for some reason.

For the second patch, you morph the cloud from the first patch with...the iimported .dae that looks weird, and the vertex set that you imported?
    Yep.
    It's the same unedited vertex set that you had used the first time you morphed your model.

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 06:49:28 PM »

It has been brought to my attention that in order to fix my problems (with toon Link's hair and Zelda's skirt), you need to triple patch the polygon, but the method is different.

Would you know how to do this?

Otherwise things are going great and I have this down to an art. (I should, seeing as how I tried to patch toon zelda like seven times.
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:46:24 PM by Black Boo » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 07:48:50 AM »

It has been brought to my attention that in order to fix my problems (with toon Link's hair and Zelda's skirt), you need to triple patch the polygon, but the method is different.

Unfortunately, I don't know. If it's different from just redoing the steps of double-patching, then I have no idea what that method is.

But if it's something that is compatible with my method, I'd gladly know who gave you this piece of info, as I'm having trouble with T Link's hair too.

Otherwise things are going great and I have this down to an art. (I should, seeing as how I tried to patch toon zelda like seven times).
    Good to know. ^^

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 12:07:49 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't know. If it's different from just redoing the steps of double-patching, then I have no idea what that method is.

But if it's something that is compatible with my method, I'd gladly know who gave you this piece of info, as I'm having trouble with T Link's hair too.

Otherwise things are going great and I have this down to an art. (I should, seeing as how I tried to patch toon zelda like seven times).
    Good to know. ^^

Pik told me. I'm trying to make a super special surpise hack right now for TL (that's not toon Zelda, I'm giving that up till I learn how to triple patch) that needs to shrink his hair. All Pik told me was that he got lucky with Geno's hair when he shrank it :/

Bush
    ALL YOUR PLANT ARE BELONG TO BUSH
    Special Access

• Awards 2011 SSBB Tournament Winner Pin Collector Staff Helper Cookie Clicker!

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »

Is there a reason that other versions of 3D Studio will not work? Or is it simply because you prefer or can not get it to work.

Segab
    FFFFFF
    Special Access

Meowth that's bass!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector Heart Container

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 06:39:44 PM »

Is there a reason that other versions of 3D Studio will not work? Or is it simply because you prefer or can not get it to work.
    it was made to work for 3ds max 8, so no, it doesn't work with anything else. It's not just a preference.

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 05:47:04 AM »

Every time i patch, the model get bigger and worse, i've only gone to triple patching, and it looks like a huge mess of poles. Is this normal?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

Every time i patch, the model get bigger and worse, i've only gone to triple patching, and it looks like a huge mess of poles. Is this normal?
    If it's getting bigger, no it isn't normal. There are 3 possible steps that you may have missed :

1- You forgot to check "Scale" before doing "Fix AIS Import" any (or every) time you imports a DAE. Your model need to look bigger when clicking on the Fix button

2- When double/triple/--- patching and when "Fixing AIS Import", you forgot to click on "Selected Only". Only the complete model DAE that you've just imported need to be fixed and resized. If the other parts/copy/etc... change when clicking, then you've forgotten to check said box.

3- More common mistake : After you've edted the model, copied it, and are ready to morph, the light bulb near the "Edit Mesh" of the model that you've edited should be OFF all the time !!  You need to remove the edits on your base file before morphing it with the copy and vertex set. Always.
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:57:43 PM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »

If it's getting bigger, no it isn't normal. There are 3 possible steps that you may have missed :

1- You forgot to check "Scale" before doing "Fix AIS Import" any (or every) time you imports a DAE. Your model need to look bigger when clicking on the Fix button

2- When double/triple/--- patching and when "Fixing AIS Import", you forgot to click on "Selected Only". Only the complete model DAE that you've just imported need to be fixed and resized. If the other parts/copy/etc... change when clicking, then you've forgotten to check said box.

3- More common mistake : The light bulb near the "Edit Mesh" of the model that you've edited should be OFF all the time !!  You need to remove the edits on your base file before morphing it with the copy and vertex set. Always.
    Ok, lemme try again.

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

• Awards Hot Topic Former PMDT

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »

Just a note. I was using Windows 7 x64, and I was having trouble installing Collada. For some reason, it couldn't detect where I had 3DS Max 8 Installed. I used the 3.04 installer instead of the 3.05 installer that's in the first post, and it worked for me. Maybe toss that in the first post if somebody is having issues?

And I did not have to run 3DS Max 8 in compatibility mode for it to work, either.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 05:24:26 AM »

You're my life savior. :3
    I've just changed computer for one with Windows 7 x64 and was having the same problem.

I'll add this to the OP. Thank you very much. Grin
    (Now, to solve AIS not installing even when following mk64n's steps ...)

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13
    Print
    Jump to: