Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Do you think CPU's understand PSA?
Yes, it's Skynet all over again!
No. I am master. Bots will always be our slaves!

Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Do you think CPU's understand PSA?  (Read 11864 times)
CayZ5
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 12:22:03 PM »

i doubt computers can adapt, as already stated, pheonix mario tries to charge fluud, ect. lvl9s arn't that smart anyway i have seen link pull out a bomb and use it on himself, and have caused characters, especially falcon and ganon, to SD numerous times.

if by looking outward we can see the past, then we can see the future by looking inward.

Bonzai
Advanced Kitten

In Soviet Russia, Smashball breaks YOU!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »

To attack and defend: Somewhat; they appear to recognize offensive collision bubbles
To save themselves: No

Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 02:18:18 PM »

To attack and defend: Somewhat; they appear to recognize offensive collision bubbles
    To save themselves: No
    Yeah ... it's basically that. Sometimes they are able to dodge insane moves, but totally fail at using them themselves.
    I got an EchoBlade Sheik that kept using his Dark Wave (Neutral-B) for half of the match, while I was far away.

So the answer to this poll is obviously No for me.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Ice God64
    Mega Kitten

♪Wheee!♪

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »

No, not at all. 2 examples:

1: My Lucario move edit has Foxes feel, the heavy physics, and the fast speed, and especially the high gravity. CPU's as my Lucario always kill themselves.

2:My Lucario has a foward B that does a 3-hit combo. The first hit does not damage, but puts the opponent to sleep, the second hit does a silent 4 damage, and the last part is a powerful ice kick. You can interrupt the comb with your own move after the second hit. The CPU did this every time, but not with their own attack, they just rolled away and gaurded(While I was asleep, might I add).

sora899
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

yeah CPUs r sometimes stupid because when I play in a Free for All(to test my ability to dodge and combo well against 3 players) and Phoenix Mario is in the other team,every time he gets thrown of the stage,instead of doing up B or double jump,he does the Mach Kicks then Shouryuuken....though he does make me unable to hit him cause of side B so I(as Marth my favorite moveset) just use X-fire(yeah I like the dark side)....

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »

yeah i think so. when i was fighting this wolf custom named Joe, he utilized all of his extra jumps and when i was really close to him he would do his fsmash which is a really close range instant kill instead of grabbing me and doing a dthrow. i was also fighting this custom lucario named kari and it used dtilt attack which is a long range water attack when i was far away

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 09:31:25 PM »

The AI will use extra jumps.

The ai for the moves is stored into FitCharacterMotion(Etc).pac as ai_character.pac.
    Inside that file is 3 other files which control the AI.

Brawl does NOT parse the PSA-related pacs to figure out how to use moves.

MaxThunder
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 04:53:19 PM »

... i gave yoshi 9 jumps and made his double jump cancel after 9 frames... but discovered that if double jump backwards you get the normal height... and if you spam jump you can stand, and/or walk forwards or backwards in the air(i call this airwalking... its a new at=)...)

i played a level nine of this yoshi... after falling to his doom once he learned that he had a lot of jumps, his normal aerial jumps is like a short hop... but if he jumped back he could get up... and using the airwalking to suddenly stop in the air to punish my edgeguarding... abd aproach whith airwalking... and using his nair when i was behind him(his nair works like his down smash now...) so... i gues they actually can learn...
    ...wow... long post...

leafbarrett
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 12:32:56 PM »

They can't understand it very well, but they can understand it in some cases. Echo Blade Sheik does occasionally try to charge her needles, but she always tries to do it close to me (within range of the attack) and more often, she'll just use it once.
    PMario has a bit more trouble though.
    It seems like they understand normal moves half-decently if you use the character enough, but the specials are usually out of their grasp.

I'm back, and impressed that Ultimate hasn't killed the modding scene entirely.

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »

They can't understand it very well, but they can understand it in some cases. Echo Blade Sheik does occasionally try to charge her needles, but she always tries to do it close to me (within range of the attack) and more often, she'll just use it once.
    PMario has a bit more trouble though.
    It seems like they understand normal moves half-decently if you use the character enough, but the specials are usually out of their grasp.

EB Sheik does have a flaw with her B move. If she's really far away, she'll spam B in an attempt to charge her needles. Since they never charge, she won't stop until you run in. Meh.

Garuda
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 04:38:59 PM »

When the CPU isn't the character, they don't usually do so well.

But I've found that when I use a PSA character against the computer, they detect hitboxes and stuff. For example, some CPU characters attack Ganondorf's utilt from a wide distance (it's the one where he has a super-huge explosion of purple, I don't remember which PSA it is), interrupting clanking with the move. So I think they somehow detect hitboxes and priority ranges.

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »

When the CPU isn't the character, they don't usually do so well.

But I've found that when I use a PSA character against the computer, they detect hitboxes and stuff. For example, some CPU characters attack Ganondorf's utilt from a wide distance (it's the one where he has a super-huge explosion of purple, I don't remember which PSA it is), interrupting clanking with the move. So I think they somehow detect hitboxes and priority ranges.

Agreed, hitboxes I'm sure they can sense a mile away. =D

Aezthin
    Advanced Kitten

Just wait until Charizard can be edited.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »

In the case of extra jumps? I've tested that extensively THEY WILL use them. Annoyingly so too. Just leave the infinite jumps hack on and watch them flip straight back onto the level. I'm not sure about the whole PSA hack thing myself tho. I never allow a comp to play as them for the simple fact that they might JUST do something to make the game crash.

Touhou
    Monster Hunter
    Final Fantasy
    Girls
    Kefka (in a non-gay way)

^I like these things

alphabayton
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »

no they dont know,
    their AI is part of a whole different thing, just changeing their pac file wont do anything to the AI so no they dont understand, it is either luck or an accident that they know how to use a character

Fenox
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 06:57:32 PM »

hell no cpus dumb as sh**

[3:38:36 PM] lfan: its how the specials built
    [3:38:42 PM] thutch: >.>
    [3:38:43 PM] lfan: JUST GO IN SPECIALS IN SIDE B
    [3:38:44 PM] lfan: DAMMIT
    [3:38:50 PM] thutch: I DID DAMMIT

Pages:  1 [2] 3
    Print