Aafyre's Vertex and Texture thread (08/27) Desukan Preview

Started by Aafyre, August 18, 2010, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huge poll is huge (What PSA do you want?)

Sub-Zero (Captain Falcon)
Boba Fett (Snake)
Etna (Peach)
Bowser jr (Bowser)
Psychryphias (Peach)
Electabuzz (Diddy Kong)
Ifrit (Donkey Kong)
Blanka (Donkey Kong)
Vega (Shiek)
Seymour (Zelda)
Vaati (Toon Link)
Frog (Toon Link)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Groudon (Bowser)
Hammer Bros. (Mario or Ice Climbers)
Light Yagami (???)
Wrestler (Snake)
Banjo (Mario)
Guile (Snake)
Animal Crosser (Ness)
Balthier (Snake)
Quote from: br3compactor on October 21, 2010, 10:12:58 PM
I really need to know... I vertexed something affected by bones, and when I look at it in Brawlbox it looks distorted, but I don't know if it's the need of a patch or something due to the bones.

What do you think, Aafyre? They should look in Brawlbox exactly like in 3DSMax even without renaming the bones or the bones would affect how it looks in the T-Posed model?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Well, unfortunately I don't know that much about bone editing. All I know is that in order to disable a bone, I usually add _Gengar (or whatever character I'm working on) after the name of the bone I want to disable. Other than that I've never really experimented with bones much. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the help you were able to give.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on October 22, 2010, 12:27:20 AM
He still has 2 hacks to do before Blaziken so it's not gonna be anytime soon...

Yeah trust me.. I know.

 :) I voted for Blastoise, 'cause Bowser needs some more hacks  :P

Not only that, but Blaziken over the good captain is an awesome concept, but I can't see it ending up too well   :-\ The hands and face would turn out awesome for sure  ;)

My doubts lie with the legs...

Blastoise to Bowser seems more plausible and would probably turn out ideal  :)

Though I've learned to hold my tongue about my doubts 'cause great hackers like you tend to find a way to

make things work out with satisfactory results
 :) It would seem that, Blaziken has already got this in the bag

but I would love to see a future Blastoise from you one day
  :kdance:
^3^

Good news everyone! The vertexes for the two requests I was working on are pretty close to finished. All that's left are textures (which unfortunately usually take longer than the vertexes). Either way, it's looking pretty promising that I will be able to start Blaziken as early as this coming Friday.

all u ppl r forgetting something, SNORLAX on DDD :D!


Married Mai Self nvm

Quote from: Aafyre on October 24, 2010, 07:10:57 AM
Good news everyone! The vertexes for the two requests I was working on are pretty close to finished. All that's left are textures (which unfortunately usually take longer than the vertexes). Either way, it's looking pretty promising that I will be able to start Blaziken as early as this coming Friday.

Yes! This is the best news I've heard all day.

Electabuzz over Diddy Kong? ...Did you mean Donkey Kong? :/

Speaking of which, for the next poll, I suggest Electivire over DK. Always seemed like an interesting idea to me. I tried doing a texture, but...it turned out horrible... Damned fur textures...
Is it just me, or are the people of Unova extremely generous?


Quote from: Mewcario on October 25, 2010, 10:12:31 PM
Electabuzz over Diddy Kong? ...Did you mean Donkey Kong? :/

No. Diddy has a tail that moves and is used like Electabuzz. That's why he's making it over Diddy.

Yeah, ideally Electabuzz would want to be somewhere in between Diddy Kong's and Donkey Kong's build but the main reason I chose Diddy is because of the tail like Dingo said. The other major reason is that Diddy Kong's shirt appears to be asymmetrical so I would actually be able to make the lighting bolt on Buzz's chest. Finally, Electabuzz is also only supposed to be 3'07" so Donkey is a bit too big for him.

Anyways, I'm not really that huge a fan of Electivire but Electabuzz is my favorite electric type so he gets priority over his evolution :P. Electivire does seem like he'd be a good fit for Donkey Kong though so maybe I'll consider it for the future.

Will you take requests once your done with all the characters you mostly want to do?


I'm still working on Vanguard Ike's textures right now but I'll do my best to have him done before October 30th. As for taking requests, I have a lot of things that I want to make so it will probably take a while before I can start taking requests again. When I do, I'm hoping they will be quick and simple things that I can get done relatively quickly (unless it really interests me and/or I wanted to do it anyways).