Aafyre's Vertex and Texture thread (08/27) Desukan Preview

Started by Aafyre, August 18, 2010, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huge poll is huge (What PSA do you want?)

Sub-Zero (Captain Falcon)
Boba Fett (Snake)
Etna (Peach)
Bowser jr (Bowser)
Psychryphias (Peach)
Electabuzz (Diddy Kong)
Ifrit (Donkey Kong)
Blanka (Donkey Kong)
Vega (Shiek)
Seymour (Zelda)
Vaati (Toon Link)
Frog (Toon Link)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Groudon (Bowser)
Hammer Bros. (Mario or Ice Climbers)
Light Yagami (???)
Wrestler (Snake)
Banjo (Mario)
Guile (Snake)
Animal Crosser (Ness)
Balthier (Snake)
Quote from: Aafyre on October 20, 2010, 11:38:17 PM
It gives people a choice about which version they want to use most (even if mine don't end up being any better than the original versions).

This.

Also, go team Blaziken!



Possible portrait?

That would be a good portrait for him but I have a theme that I like to use artwork whenever it's available instead of CGI or models for my CSP's. I just think they look a little better (and a lot of characters don't have a CG model). Maybe I'll make two versions of the CSP/Battle Portrait if you want. It really wouldn't be much trouble.

Oh and just for anyone curious, there won't be a deadline for the voting. Whoever is in the lead by the time I'm done making the requested characters (probably two weeks from now depending on how fast I can get the requests done) I will start making it. I'm thinking that after I'm done making that (Blaziken most likely) and maybe Raznak's request, I'd like to try Seymour Guado over Zelda.

Unless too many people object, I'm thinking that I'm going to alternate between making a Pokemon and making another character for every other hack I do for a while since there's only so few slots for human characters.

my point was just that blaziken only has an import right now and it doesnt work well, sooo, he would be NEW, later scizor can always be made again and probably better, but it isnt worth right now, at least thats my opinion, and if u cant respect other ppls opinions italian, u shouldnt even be on any forum...

I have no objections, though I do have one question: If there was any way you could think of to make Magus better, what would it be (other than a vertexed scythe).

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Well, his face needs a little fixing up for starters. I wish I could get rid of the dark area of his arms but I really couldn't figure that out. Other than that, I'm not sure what else he'd need. Maybe better hair (that's extremely difficult with Ganondorf by the way)?

Hey Aafyre, what exactly do you do when renaming bones from a model?
Could you make a quick guide? Or if you know of a good one post the link?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on October 21, 2010, 06:36:10 PM
Hey Aafyre, what exactly do you do when renaming bones from a model?
Could you make a quick guide? Or if you know of a good one post the link?

just place the bone where u want it to be in his T-pose (frame 0), than rename that bone...
ie. haveN rename to haveNblablablabla and it wont be affected by the animations anymore, so it'll stay right where u left it.

hope that helped

If I may make a suggestion for a hack you should do I would go for Shadow Beast from LoZTP over Donkey Kong. I think that would be a super awsome hack

Quote from: Mr.Misfortune on October 21, 2010, 09:40:43 PM
If I may make a suggestion for a hack you should do I would go for Shadow Beast from LoZTP over Donkey Kong. I think that would be a super awsome hack

HYPE if that happens...

i definitely second that suggestion!!!!

I really need to know... I vertexed something affected by bones, and when I look at it in Brawlbox it looks distorted, but I don't know if it's the need of a patch or something due to the bones.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


oooh, if it looks weird id bet it isnt cuz of the bones, but just that polygon, there are some polygons, like capes and stuff that completely mess if u vertex them, for example, i tried making a hoody for marth using his scarf-part of the cape, and it totally messed up...
even just changing ONE single vertex would mess it up. thats not rly bone related but more brawl physics...
what polygon is it exactly?

Pit's scarf. And it was heavy editing. I turned it into shoulderpads.  :o

But it didn't completely mess up, the part around his neck is looking okay.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Everytime I see a new reply for this thread, I always check if it has a new title, and I still see Gengar.

I can't wait to see something like "Blaziken Preview" or "Blaziken Released"

He still has 2 hacks to do before Blaziken so it's not gonna be anytime soon...

Quote from: Aafyre on October 20, 2010, 05:49:50 AM
What my plan is at the moment is to finish up some requests I've been working on (mainly Wave and Vanguard Ike). Once that's done, I will make whichever Pokemon wins this.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Yeah, unfortunately I only have time to work on things during the weekends. That and Vanguard Ike and Wave have to come before Blaziken so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get to him.