Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 9
Author Topic: Sephiroth PSA/Moveset (Marth)  (Read 47649 times)
Soul Nami
The Sharp Ninja
Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 19, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »

So me and Sumire are working on a PSA and Moveset for Marth.

Managing:
    PSA: Sumire
    Animations: Mr. Nice Guy
    Aafyre: Idea and Moveset Manager
    ----------------

You may help, but please at least have some experience, or can animate or do PSA's good.

NEEDED HELP:
    (ALREADY HAVE IDEA)
    Now we need an idea of how we are going to do the Final Smash.
    Go here to view the moveset ideas: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/MastaKrapps/Sephiroth%20Moveset/?start=all
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:22:44 PM by HackZero » Logged

If you turn to your left, you'll see that I have left.

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 06:04:42 PM »

Ok ILL help!!!! Smiley
    I have some experience with PSA!
    What do u want his flags to be?
    Damage Range?
    GFX?

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

Soul Nami
    The Sharp Ninja
    Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »

Ok ILL help!!!! Smiley
    I have some experience with PSA!
    What do u want his flags to be?
    Damage Range?
    GFX?

Ask Sumire Omelette. She is in charge of the PSA.

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 06:10:51 PM »

ok will

PSA 2.35:

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »

Uh... what do you mean by "flags?"
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:35:54 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 12:52:13 AM »

Sephiroth is cool but not again a hack over Marth.
    Anyway,  if you need a good hacker I would support you.

Soul Nami
    The Sharp Ninja
    Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 11:14:35 AM »

Sephiroth is cool but not again a hack over Marth.
    Anyway,  if you need a good hacker I would support you.

Well we have a lot of animations on the original brawl characters that can easily be ported to Marth, so it's easier...
    I already started the animations.
     >.>

BlazingBarrager
    Extreme Kitten

Kitty-Korp's Self-Proclaimed Super Saiyan 3

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 12:06:40 PM »

Frankly, I'm fine with this over Marth. It's not like I have anything better for Marth anyway. Tongue

Real men use Peach

Soul Nami
    The Sharp Ninja
    Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 01:49:21 PM »

Hey guys! I'll keep you guys updated with pictures and maybe even videos! Cheesy
    WHAT'S DONE:
    Side-B
    Front-smash
    Neutral B (ground)
    Run
    Dash
    TurnDash
    Turn
    Wait1
    Wait2
    Wait3
    UpSpecial
    A regular
    Down Special
    Down Special (Air)
    Up Special
    Up Special (Air)

Need a lot more animation to be done though...
    Need to fix Wait 1. >.>

joem3693
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »

nice!these are done for the actual moveset?or u have the ideas for those for the moveset.

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »

Hey, it looks like somebody saw my topic! I organized all of the moves here with descriptions to make them easier to follow.

Final Fantasy VII - Sephiroth (over Marth)

Special Traits / Other:
    Marth's countering pose could make for a pretty good basic standing pose for Sephiroth. Is it possible to have him walk while holding his sword like this too?

This could be a good run for him:

Some of Sephiroth's smash attacks could be cool with Ganondorf's shadow effects.

Sephiroth has ridiculous range with most of his attacks, including his grabs. That is the entire point of him. To keep him from being broken, maybe he'll have a tip property like Marth, where the whole middle section of his sword deals very little damage and has very little stunning capabilities.

Sephiroth will have three jumps, allowing him to perform better in the air.

His fall speed should be somewhat slow and floaty, like Melee Mewtwo's. However, pressing down allows him to fall much faster.

Rolling out of his shield could be a teleportation thing, with as much distance as Melee Mewtwo's roll.

If possible, it would be nice for him to be able to both wall-jump and wall-cling. I'm sure this is not possible, but being able to run up walls would be pretty badass too.

Cool quotes that could be ripped from Dissidia:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HDTqNYPgW4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HDTqNYPgW4</a>

Weak Attacks:
    A Combo
    A series of slashes.

Forward Tilt
    Sephiroth performs a series of attacks with his sword, his fists, and his legs. Like a cross between Ike's Neutral A combo and Snake's Forward Tilt combo. The last strike of this will be the only one with significant knockback.

Up Tilt
    Sephiroth swings his sword to shoot out some rather weak air blades diagonally up. This will play very similarly to the CoN Naruto PSA's Kunai attack. Marth's Up Tilt animation would work well for this.

Down Tilt
    Ike's Down Tilt would probably be fine, as long as the range in increased.

Running A
    Maybe kind of like Marth's.
    Allows you to lead into some of your A combos, like so:

Smash Attacks:
    Forward Smash
    Sephiroth performs a slash similar to Link's Forward Smash animation. But the longer you charge this, the more strikes he performs, which could end up looking a lot like Marth's full Forward B combo, except that he would travel a further distance while attacking. This attack can have Ganondorf's shadow effect.

Up Smash
    Pretty much the same as Ike's, just faster and weaker. Fast enough so that his Up Tilt can sometimes set the opponent up for it.

Down Smash
    Sephiroth holds his sword up and stabs it into the ground. Very similar to Ike's Neutral B, even the animation can be the same. But instead of fire, there can be that green lifestream stuff, with bits of earth/rocks cracking up, kind of like this:

Of course, this gif is of what his Aerial Down A should be, but the effect is the same.

Specials:
    Neutral B
    Sephiroth summons a meteor that shoots diagonally down. The longer you charge, the greater distance the meteor travels. For example, just tap B, and it comes down right in front of you. Charge it for a bit, and it comes down like in this gif:
    If performed in the air, there is no charge up, and it shoots out a bunch of weaker meteors.

Forward B
    Maybe something like Zelda's Forward B. You will control a little shiny thing, but when you let go, it will explode into shadowy spheres.

Up B
    Extremely similar to Lucario's. Sephiroth enters a flying state that lasts maybe a second. There will be a brief start-up time where you choose the initial direction you want to go in. You can also attack out of it and use whatever remaining jumps you have afterwards.

Down B
    Sephiroth summons a giant pillar of fire around him. The longer you charge, the more pillars there will be, with a maximum of three (the second pillar will be in front of him, the third will be in back). These pillars pull the opponent toward them and keep the opponent trapped for a second or two while burning him (like Ness' PK Fire). Good at racking up damage, but little knockback. Maybe Ho-oh or Entai's fire could work for this (though obviously much weaker than either).

Grabs:
    Grab
    Sephiroth pulls his sword back then thrusts it in a given direction (Forward, Up, Diagonally Up, or Diagonally Down), impaling the enemy. This will have a slow start-up time, like Samus', giving the player a chance to choose which direction he will stab in. Marth's Neutral B is a pretty perfect animation for this.

This gif includes his Up Throw

Aerial Grab
    Works the same as his ground grab, but it will always stab upwards, and automatically fling the opponent downwards. This could be a good spiking move.

Pummel
    Sephiroth twists his sword while the enemy is impaled.

Forward Throw
    Sephiroth pulls his sword back and kicks the opponent off of it.

Back Throw
    Sephiroth turns around and performs Marth's forward smash animation (or something like it), flinging the opponent off his sword.

Up Throw
    Sephiroth flings his opponent upward off his sword.

Down Throw
    Sephiroth slams his opponent into the ground, pulls his sword out of him, and then stabs him again.

Aerial Attacks:
    Neutral A
    Marth's Neutral A in the air could work fine for this. Just up the range.

Forward A
    Sephiroth swings his sword downward, very much like Ike's Forward A in the air.

Back A
    Marth's arial Back A should work fine, just with increased range.

Up A
    Sephiroth rapidly stabs upwards. Little to no knockback, but good at racking up damage.

Down A
    What Sephiroth does when he kills a certain someone. Think Toon Link's. It can even use Link's exact animation. One of his main killing moves. If he hits the ground with it, it can cause the earth to crack up and green lifestream stuff to come out.

Final Smash:
    Sephiroth enters a state similar to Super Sonic, where he can fly around and perform his attacks (Unlike Sonic, just touching the opponent will not hurt them).

Kinda like this.
    His Neutral B becomes a slash attack, and if you connect with it, it leads to a cinematic attack (similar to Captain Falcon's if possible) like this:
    Also, I doubt this is possible, but if Sephiroth could grow a wing while in this mode, that would be badass.
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:58:59 PM by Aafyre » Logged

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 08:37:45 PM »

Wow, Waffle moves fast... great work! Smiley

@Mr. N: I can see why you would feel that way... there are many, many PSAs on Marth, but there are many PSAs on Ike, too, and Cloud beat out all of them, and I'm hoping Sephiroth can do the same for a similar reason.

@Aafyre: Yeah, I saw it a long time ago and it had some really brilliant ideas and the way each move had a GIF for it really won me over. And you make a good point that we really do need a Sephiroth PSA.

Many of the moves look very reasonable to do, and some of the more interesting effects like wall jumping can be done the same way Eldiran added wall jumps to Zero, so I think we have a great project here!
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:39:57 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 01:20:45 AM »

@Mr. N: I can see why you would feel that way... there are many, many PSAs on Marth, but there are many PSAs on Ike, too, and Cloud beat out all of them, and I'm hoping Sephiroth can do the same for a similar reason.

I think Sephirot won't be that successful. As soon as my Wii gets repaired I'll start to make an Update for Aeon. And when that's done Soren will be done completely new. With vertex and BrawlBox.
    Let's see whether Sephirot will be able to beat Aeon. I'm looking forward to start working again on him.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 08:42:03 AM »

Hmm... I see. Stiff competition. Hopefully, that'll only make our PSAs better!

Anyways, I'm probably still going to continue working on Marth, but afterwards, I might try a port onto Diddy, because Marth and Diddy have the same number of bones and Diddy's TransN index is less than Marth's.

No offense to you, but I think Sephiroth will be popular for a similar reason to something like Cloud or Shadow: everyone has the costume, so the PSA will fit right in. Again, I see your point, though, and I will consider a port onto Diddy.

Anyways, this isn't the place for it, but Soren was my very first PSA that I got and it inspired me to start PSA... so yeah, you're kinda like my idol and it's a pleasure to compete with you Tongue

Maybe I could try to port Soren or Aeon over to Diddy, too?

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »

I think Sephirot won't be that successful. As soon as my Wii gets repaired I'll start to make an Update for Aeon. And when that's done Soren will be done completely new. With vertex and BrawlBox.
    Let's see whether Sephirot will be able to beat Aeon. I'm looking forward to start working again on him.
    Have u been banned at all? if u have u cant send it for repairs.
    Believe me u cant I have been in that position and i had to replace mine

PSA 2.35:

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 9
    Print
    Jump to: