Bone Tree Editor- development thread : Version 1.1 released

Started by TheShyGuy, September 13, 2010, 11:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 02, 2011, 05:07:22 PM #315 Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 12:40:36 AM by DarkPikachu
Quote from: Oshtoby on February 02, 2011, 02:49:28 PM
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 02, 2011, 02:40:49 PM
I'm only interested on adding a bone to a single-boned model, and that both of them work. Is this already possible?
Well, with the current state of how things are looking, once his real bone adder comes out, you could ADD the bone, yes, but it would not effect anything, since the bone would not be anchored to any vertexes. So, adding it to a trophy (which is what I ASSUME you want to do) would not result in an entirely posing model.

I am interested in this because I have the Pichu model from PokePark Wii, and I want to add bones to it to put the bone structure in the shape of Pikachu's, and then see if Pika's animations will work. If so... well, there you go. The perfect Pichu. A little vertexing of that, and the Melee model can be restored.

I'm working on actually getting melee Pichu :af:
(I need the model for a series I intend to make)

the DAT format is even more complicated than the MDL0 format :/

and yea...
about Pokepark...

don't rig Pichu with Pikachu...
leave the bones seperate...
here's what I'm doing with Pachi:

bone rig:
TopN
-TransN
--XRotN
---YRotN
----HipN

-----origin (for scaling him to 4.2)
------waist
-------LThigh
--------LFoot
-------RThigh
--------RFoot
-------Spine
--------Head
---------LEar
---------REar
---------HaveN
--------LArm
---------LHand
--------RArm
---------RHand
-------Tail1
--------Tail2
---------Tail3
----------Tai4
----ThrowN

only the important bones are there...
everything else deals with Pachi

EDIT:
this was from a scrapp'd project:

^it only worked well on a few trophies...
it didn't really work on players :/

EDIT2:
here's the furthest I got it before scrapping it:

^all the way to seperate objects and UV's
as you can see, UV indexing sucked DX

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Oshtoby on February 02, 2011, 02:49:28 PM
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 02, 2011, 02:40:49 PM
I'm only interested on adding a bone to a single-boned model, and that both of them work. Is this already possible?
Well, with the current state of how things are looking, once his real bone adder comes out, you could ADD the bone, yes, but it would not effect anything, since the bone would not be anchored to any vertexes. So, adding it to a trophy (which is what I ASSUME you want to do) would not result in an entirely posing model.
I think he's thinking of scaling...if he were able to add a bone with the same name to all models within a brres, he would be able to scale the whole thing with one bone.  Would this be realistic?

Quote from: LordNOaH on February 02, 2011, 06:28:28 PM
Quote from: Oshtoby on February 02, 2011, 02:49:28 PM
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 02, 2011, 02:40:49 PM
I'm only interested on adding a bone to a single-boned model, and that both of them work. Is this already possible?
Well, with the current state of how things are looking, once his real bone adder comes out, you could ADD the bone, yes, but it would not effect anything, since the bone would not be anchored to any vertexes. So, adding it to a trophy (which is what I ASSUME you want to do) would not result in an entirely posing model.
I think he's thinking of scaling...if he were able to add a bone with the same name to all models within a brres, he would be able to scale the whole thing with one bone.  Would this be realistic?

keep note
you need a VGroup for the bones to move the model...
the only way for that to work properly is to use an editor like Blender or 3DS
that way you can define which verts go to what bones.
(wether it's for scaling or anything...)
otherwise they won't work

@TSG:
approx percentage of completion plz :P
(a little egar to work on Pachi)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I just want an added bone that affects everything below it. While the lower bone would affect the vertices (the model itself), the top (and newer) bone would affect the already affected model. Just like some 2D model's i've been using in stages lately.

As Noah said, this would allow me to move groups of models with a single animated bone. And block-based stages could be easily rotated or resized.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

The closest thing you would get to that would be to fuse all the Mdl0's into one and have the added bone be the TopN with the TopN of the other models be the child bones of the added bone's TopN.

Quote from: EternalYoshi on February 02, 2011, 10:01:55 PM
The closest thing you would get to that would be to fuse all the Mdl0's into one and have the added bone be the TopN with the TopN of the other models be the child bones of the added bone's TopN.


umm... wut??
I didn't make sence out of that :/

what I plan to do is simply use TSG's BTE to add bones to the end,
then move them to the beginning, and rename it to TopN...
simple enough :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

And they would work? If so, that would be awesome =)
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial


sorry i havent responded on this thread....atm im trying to figure out wut im doing(hacking wise). Right now im not working on the adding bones or even programming. But i will get back to this after im done with the other stuff. Im trying to not do multiple things at once right now so basically im just doing one thing atm and yeh lol

well...
keep in mind, Pachi will be released whenever you finish this ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

could you release a working bone tree editor without the adding bones part then? i keep getting the same error when i try to use the current one and i need it :P
if not, no big deal. i can wait
This is my Hack Thread
                        
Cape Mario V1                    Cape Mario V2
Download                            Download

sorry but your gonna have to wait till later today(maybe) cuz while i was working on it a week ago there was still sumtin in my code that was messing it up and not sure if it was the part of the code that made me go ">.>" lol or just sumtin i misseed.

@TSG:
this is what happens when you're knowledgable and know how to make a good program...
you get people knockin yelling at you and telling you "HURRY UP!"

it's called fame
don't you just love it *sarcasm*

I've got tonz of people screaming at me to release my converter,
when there's only alot of progress on the single plugin that actually works :P

sry...
had to post that XDD
I hate fame with a passion  :af:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

well i WOULD like to help but i say that too much lol. I would like to but cant. Lol at your comment too. Also i never got around to it but do you know the order the data in the mdl0 comes in? not the rg order for the list, but the data within the lists.....umm ex: textures(cnt remember) come right after its reloc group, but its near the end of the list. This would help me finish the bone adder quicker cuz i think thats the only thing keeping me back from finishing it.

Quote from: TheShyGuy on February 05, 2011, 08:05:26 PM
well i WOULD like to help but i say that too much lol. I would like to but cant. Lol at your comment too. Also i never got around to it but do you know the order the data in the mdl0 comes in? not the rg order for the list, but the data within the lists.....umm ex: textures(cnt remember) come right after its reloc group, but its near the end of the list. This would help me finish the bone adder quicker cuz i think thats the only thing keeping me back from finishing it.

there is no particular order of the data...
the texture's just usually happen to come before the definitions...
but there can be cases where it comes after...

use an if statment:
if data is before the bones, use this method
else use this other method

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.