Bone Tree Editor- development thread : Version 1.1 released

Started by TheShyGuy, September 13, 2010, 11:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 30, 2011, 09:25:12 PM
random...do you know the .mot format?

lightwave motion o.o

I havn't looked into it :/
but I can...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

its ok.. ill try figuring it out, cuz u got alot to do. buut if i need help i might ask lol

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 30, 2011, 09:32:27 PM
its ok.. ill try figuring it out, cuz u got alot to do. buut if i need help i might ask lol
KK
hey, do you know Py at all??

I ask because you may be able to help me in building plugins :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

sooo... its coming out soon right? :P

I already have some ideas i want to impliment
This is my Hack Thread
                        
Cape Mario V1                    Cape Mario V2
Download                            Download

@tcll...no but how hard can it be? lol. just gimmie the dl for py and ill see if i can figure out how to use it.

Oh and srry i havent been helping with ur converter...been busy with other stuff

brb l8er

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 30, 2011, 10:17:28 PM
@tcll...no but how hard can it be? lol. just gimmie the dl for py and ill see if i can figure out how to use it.

Oh and srry i havent been helping with ur converter...been busy with other stuff

brb l8er

KK...
but keep in mind, Py deals more with indexes instead of {}

but the language itself is very general...
I'll post the link to my mdl0 plugin src in my next post...

gotta catch up with commenting >_>

btw, meet me on my chat :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

WHere is the NodeTree?

TO put things into context, I used this editor to give the extra bones their own IDs.

This caused the normal bones to show up in Brawlbox .64.

Doesn't work over MK in the game yet which means I need to give entries for the new bones into the NodeTree.

just export the file, open up the mdl0 and search for a chunk of the node tree file.

unless u mean the 2nd tree -> just search for 00 00 00 d0 after the last bone of the first tree.  And um if you get that to work then GJ lol.  Atm im working on making a real bone adding exe, prob i got right now is just knowing which data comes after wut.  Ive taken a break for the past few days and will prob get this done within a week.

no...
follow the bone group offset in the header
0x14(4)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

lol
on my first reply/answer i thought that he was literally looking for the node tree(Defs)

for the 2nd,...i just didnt feel like explaining it, and the search for 00000d0 was very simple imo.

anyways yeh, u might just wnna use tclls template to look for the bone stuff....

Sorry for not even taking a look at the tut(No time) but is it possible to change parent bones?

Quote from: Hax on February 02, 2011, 12:38:15 PM
Sorry for not even taking a look at the tut(No time) but is it possible to change parent bones?

yea :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I'm only interested on adding a bone to a single-boned model, and that both of them work. Is this already possible?
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 02, 2011, 02:40:49 PM
I'm only interested on adding a bone to a single-boned model, and that both of them work. Is this already possible?
Well, with the current state of how things are looking, once his real bone adder comes out, you could ADD the bone, yes, but it would not effect anything, since the bone would not be anchored to any vertexes. So, adding it to a trophy (which is what I ASSUME you want to do) would not result in an entirely posing model.

I am interested in this because I have the Pichu model from PokePark Wii, and I want to add bones to it to put the bone structure in the shape of Pikachu's, and then see if Pika's animations will work. If so... well, there you go. The perfect Pichu. A little vertexing of that, and the Melee model can be restored.

do we have a release date yet?
This is my Hack Thread
                        
Cape Mario V1                    Cape Mario V2
Download                            Download