SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 21, 2010, 08:33:53 PM
Quote from: jokekid on December 21, 2010, 08:22:02 PM
i heard that when u generate the badge, it appears in his hand instead of being on his body, and this means it doesnt work...

Yeah I discovered that this is true.....Though there are loads of item related events so I'll test them out and try to mix and match.
Hollow managed to equip Neo with a Super Scope and gave it a different function so if you make a different event where the Franklin Badge still reflects but the item is moved in front of the Rift graphics. There should also be more than one badge, enough to make a barrier so there is no hole where projectiles can get through. Basically you can make a tall, invisible wall of badges in front of the Rift GFX. That way there is no applying anything to a character.

Can you make the Down B have a wind effect behind Shadow that pushes anybody behind him away, to prevent punishment, and also in the Rift so it seems to suck the opponent in?

December 21, 2010, 10:33:50 PM #271 Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:41:15 PM by Soverign
Quote from: Nazo on December 21, 2010, 08:03:26 PM
omg yes! finally, an accurate shadow PSA! I was pretty sick of the other BS shadow PSAs. Can't wait for final version.
Yeah, I agree. The other Shadow PSAs said they were the "True Shadow", but failed. There were rarely any good Shadow PSAs, until SDoom made a perfect one. :D
What's so bad about Maskatlo's Shadow's PSA? It just needs some correct animations, and modifications on the PSA, that's all.[\size]

Quote from: Soverign on December 21, 2010, 10:33:50 PM
Quote from: Nazo on December 21, 2010, 08:03:26 PM
omg yes! finally, an accurate shadow PSA! I was pretty sick of the other BS shadow PSAs. Can't wait for final version.
Yeah, I agree. The other Shadow PSAs said they were the "True Shadow", but failed. There were rarely any good Shadow PSAs, until SDoom made a perfect one. :D
What's so bad about Maskatlo's Shadow's PSA? It just needs some correct animations, and modifications on the PSA, that's all.[\size]

I'm flattered ^^ But it's not quite perfect yet ;)

Quote from: Soverign on December 21, 2010, 10:33:50 PM
Quote from: Nazo on December 21, 2010, 08:03:26 PM
omg yes! finally, an accurate shadow PSA! I was pretty sick of the other BS shadow PSAs. Can't wait for final version.
Yeah, I agree. The other Shadow PSAs said they were the "True Shadow", but failed. There were rarely any good Shadow PSAs, until SDoom made a perfect one. :D
I agree.

but the item itself doesnt have any property if a character doesnt equip it...
if u shoot at a badge on ground it wont reflect...

I've decided to give up on the whole reflecting thing.  I think Defensive Collisions only work for certain characters and Sonic isn't one of them.  However, now I need a new idea for what the Down B Chaos Rift could do....(I still want it to be able to push opponents outwards).

idea for reflection: make the item appear, and in only 1 frame difference make him pick it up.
that way it should work, no?

I've decided to take an entirely different approach to both the Side B Chaos Spear and the Down B Chaos Rift.  Since for some reason I can't do a certain kind of charging that .Fade did with Cloud (I even asked him myself and he said nothing was wrong, it's just my bad luck ¬_¬), I'm gonna take a look at how Hollow did his charging.  Fingers crossed everything goes to plan with this one.

For the Down B, instead of making him reflect attacks and you being able to hold the rift forever, he will create a rift and sustain it there for about a second and that rift will have a variety of random effects:

Most common effect - The rift pushes opponents outwards, causing no damage but disorientating foes (a bit like Mario's Cape).  Good for edgeguarding. 0%

2nd most common effect - The rift does a few slicing hits, the last hit sends the opponent backwards at an angle with medium damage and knockback.  12%

Least common effect - The rift lets off a powerful electrical explosion, temporarily immobilizing the opponent then sending them flying.  Very rare, but very powerful.  25%

Whaddya guys think?  I think it's significantly more creative than before and if all goes to plan, I may have the complete version released by Christmas Eve!  Maybe even tomorrow!

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 22, 2010, 02:32:09 PM
Whaddya guys think?  I think it's significantly more creative than before and if all goes to plan, I may have the complete version released by Christmas Eve! Maybe even tomorrow!
OMFG, really? :happy:

Quote from: Soverign on December 22, 2010, 03:21:58 PM
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 22, 2010, 02:32:09 PM
Whaddya guys think?  I think it's significantly more creative than before and if all goes to plan, I may have the complete version released by Christmas Eve! Maybe even tomorrow!
OMFG, really? :happy:


The funny part is even though Shadow is flamed repetitively, he has over 10000 (yeah I didn't use the reference.) downloads.

One last thing.  Would you guys like to see an overpowered "Super Shadow" to go along with the balanced regular Shadow?  It wouldn't take too long at all.  It would just require some hitbox strengthening, frame speed modifiers, and some other code alterations here and there.

December 22, 2010, 04:40:34 PM #282 Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:42:14 PM by Soverign
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 22, 2010, 04:39:48 PM
One last thing.  Would you guys like to see an overpowered "Super Shadow" to go along with the balanced regular Shadow?  It wouldn't take too long at all.  It would just require some hitbox strengthening, frame speed modifiers, and some other code alterations here and there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs


Hmm it seems I've been encountering a couple more problems upon trying to fix the last ones :-\ 

HOWEVER, I will still try my best to get everything sorted.  I'm taking some things a little differently.  I think you'll like them nonetheless ;)