SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

December 23, 2010, 09:27:25 PM #330 Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:28:16 PM by Sanitys Theif
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 23, 2010, 08:58:11 PM
Quote from: Sanitys Theif on December 23, 2010, 08:40:01 PM
Are the items supposed to be vertex hacks or just recolors because I can't tell a difference(I don't use items so I'm not sure what they look like normally)

Just recolours :P They're a bit more "Shadow like".

Quote from: Sanitys Theif on December 23, 2010, 08:29:46 PM
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 23, 2010, 07:22:12 PM
Don't worry I got this PM ;)  In fact I was looking at it to see if I could get some good ideas out of it (which I did actually :D).  So thanks again for that PM ^^

Oh ok cool

I just tried the moveset out

Easily the best Shadow PSA ever made no contest

Only 2 things may I suggest

Sometimes the 2nd hit of the neutral A combo doesn't hit even though I'm extremely close, maybe push the hitbox out just a little

And could you make Shadow run faster? We all know he equals Sonic in speed, one interesting thing to do if possible that would differentiate him, could you add an acceleration system, as in Shadow starts off running his speed now and gradually increases over time(with a set limit maybe), this could create some unexpected rush in attacks from the speed increase(messes' with peoples minds) and it makes sense with how he gains his speed


EDIT: One more thing, you should really get a video to put on the vault, we've had a lot of Shadow PSAs that claim the be perfect but this one takes the cake, you'd get more downloads if you had a video showing off how he works because pictures don't cut it

I could make one but it would be incredibly crappy quality(using an old digital camera to record stuff on my TV)

Thank you ^^ I was trying for a while to get that combo to connect perfectly but despite my efforts I was unable to succeed.  The reason being that when I increase the knockback of the first hit to make the opponent go backwards more, they sometimes go too far back if you are right next to them.  Also, the size of the character depends as well.  It has a much harder time hitting smaller characters than larger ones.

As for the speed, I guess I could make him as fast as Sonic (however, I don't think I could do the acceleration thing).  I put him at that speed so that he was a bit more balanced (that speed plus the fact that he's WAY stronger than Sonic.....) and he's still significantly faster than Cpt Falcon anyways.  But I will include a "Sonic Speed" Shadow once I finish Super Shadow.

Finally, about the video, I will try my best with my Flip camcorder (quality won't be too great, but it's better than slow as f*** Fraps).

In all honesty, he's not that strong(In the PSA you made) I have trouble killing people with him sometimes so I don't think increasing his speed would make him overpowered even in the slightest bit

But if you would rather put it as a separate "Sonic Speed" .pac then that's fine too, either way is fine

You're gonna make Super Shadow some sort of moveset!? Awesome

And whats Fraps?

Wow, you made an actual projectile, did you build it off of his Spring?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 23, 2010, 09:33:04 PM
Wow, you made an actual projectile, did you build it off of his Spring?

Nope, it's a fake projectile using Pit's Arrow as an External Graphic.  I just made it as realistic as possible by giving it charges and using my knowledge of flags to make it reflectable/blockable ;)  I also gave it fairly low priority so that it could get easily broken through.

Amazing PSA bro. Props. Better than mastaklo's (no offense) but it has a more Shadow-y feel to it and it has moves from Sonic Battle too.

Mind if I start porting it to Donkey Kong? ;) (Since you made so many different moves from Sonic, the only change needed would be the Neutral B; I'd probably replace that with a Chaos Burst from Sonic Battle or something). I'd give full credit to you.

^ My Wii Gamer Card

Co
Quote from: Maverick-Pro on December 23, 2010, 10:45:07 PM
Amazing PSA bro. Props. Better than mastaklo's (no offense) but it has a more Shadow-y feel to it and it has moves from Sonic Battle too.

Mind if I start porting it to Donkey Kong? ;) (Since you made so many different moves from Sonic, the only change needed would be the Neutral B; I'd probably replace that with a Chaos Burst from Sonic Battle or something). I'd give full credit to you.

Could you port him over Pikachu, Olimar, or Jigglypuff instead? I grew up on the DKC games and a lot of other people too and I want to keep him but there's 6 damn pokemon in the game just one can get replaced right?

Quote from: Maverick-Pro on December 23, 2010, 10:45:07 PM
Amazing PSA bro. Props. Better than mastaklo's (no offense) but it has a more Shadow-y feel to it and it has moves from Sonic Battle too.

Mind if I start porting it to Donkey Kong? ;) (Since you made so many different moves from Sonic, the only change needed would be the Neutral B; I'd probably replace that with a Chaos Burst from Sonic Battle or something). I'd give full credit to you.

Please go ahead.  In fact, I'd be glad if you ported him ;)

Quote from: Sanitys Theif on December 23, 2010, 10:50:46 PM
Co
Quote from: Maverick-Pro on December 23, 2010, 10:45:07 PM
Amazing PSA bro. Props. Better than mastaklo's (no offense) but it has a more Shadow-y feel to it and it has moves from Sonic Battle too.

Mind if I start porting it to Donkey Kong? ;) (Since you made so many different moves from Sonic, the only change needed would be the Neutral B; I'd probably replace that with a Chaos Burst from Sonic Battle or something). I'd give full credit to you.

Could you port him over Pikachu, Olimar, or Jigglypuff instead? I grew up on the DKC games and a lot of other people too and I want to keep him but there's 6 damn pokemon in the game just one can get replaced right?

It's harder than you think to do that. Sonic-hacks can be only ported to certain characters.

^ My Wii Gamer Card

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 23, 2010, 10:51:58 PM
Quote from: Maverick-Pro on December 23, 2010, 10:45:07 PM
Amazing PSA bro. Props. Better than mastaklo's (no offense) but it has a more Shadow-y feel to it and it has moves from Sonic Battle too.

Mind if I start porting it to Donkey Kong? ;) (Since you made so many different moves from Sonic, the only change needed would be the Neutral B; I'd probably replace that with a Chaos Burst from Sonic Battle or something). I'd give full credit to you.

Please go ahead.  In fact, I'd be glad if you ported him ;)

Hey SD, since you're already awesome at working with sonic, what about a Wearhog Vertex/texture/ psa ? XD Just for giggles I mean, and unleashed finatics would worship you :P

There ae Unleashed fanatics!?!? That game was terrible... and I want Deadpool...

Quote from: Mid-Boss on December 23, 2010, 11:45:19 PM
There ae Unleashed fanatics!?!? That game was terrible... and I want Deadpool...

I'm taking a break before I start Deadpool.  I've said this many a time (heck it's even in the first post).

And about Unleashed, it was half great and half lame but to be honet that's irrelevant.

Exactly why did you make it so that Shadow gets 6 damage when he does his Up-Taunt? Is it because of the item summoning?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 24, 2010, 12:44:04 AM
Exactly why did you make it so that Shadow gets 6 damage when he does his Up-Taunt? Is it because of the item summoning?
Exactly.
Current Persona: Roxie (Pokemon Black and White 2)
Find me on Phantasy Star Online 2! Maxi/2DaMax - Ship 02

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 23, 2010, 08:58:11 PM
Quote from: Sanitys Theif on December 23, 2010, 08:40:01 PM
Are the items supposed to be vertex hacks or just recolors because I can't tell a difference(I don't use items so I'm not sure what they look like normally)

Just recolours :P They're a bit more "Shadow like".

Quote from: Sanitys Theif on December 23, 2010, 08:29:46 PM
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 23, 2010, 07:22:12 PM
Don't worry I got this PM ;)  In fact I was looking at it to see if I could get some good ideas out of it (which I did actually :D).  So thanks again for that PM ^^

Oh ok cool

I just tried the moveset out

Easily the best Shadow PSA ever made no contest

Only 2 things may I suggest

Sometimes the 2nd hit of the neutral A combo doesn't hit even though I'm extremely close, maybe push the hitbox out just a little

And could you make Shadow run faster? We all know he equals Sonic in speed, one interesting thing to do if possible that would differentiate him, could you add an acceleration system, as in Shadow starts off running his speed now and gradually increases over time(with a set limit maybe), this could create some unexpected rush in attacks from the speed increase(messes' with peoples minds) and it makes sense with how he gains his speed


EDIT: One more thing, you should really get a video to put on the vault, we've had a lot of Shadow PSAs that claim the be perfect but this one takes the cake, you'd get more downloads if you had a video showing off how he works because pictures don't cut it

I could make one but it would be incredibly crappy quality(using an old digital camera to record stuff on my TV)

Thank you ^^ I was trying for a while to get that combo to connect perfectly but despite my efforts I was unable to succeed.  The reason being that when I increase the knockback of the first hit to make the opponent go backwards more, they sometimes go too far back if you are right next to them.  Also, the size of the character depends as well.  It has a much harder time hitting smaller characters than larger ones.

As for the speed, I guess I could make him as fast as Sonic (however, I don't think I could do the acceleration thing).  I put him at that speed so that he was a bit more balanced (that speed plus the fact that he's WAY stronger than Sonic.....) and he's still significantly faster than Cpt Falcon anyways.  But I will include a "Sonic Speed" Shadow once I finish Super Shadow.

Finally, about the video, I will try my best with my Flip camcorder (quality won't be too great, but it's better than slow as f*** Fraps).

I know I'm WAYY late here, but couldn't you do something with bits?

Set Bit: LA-Bit [100] under

Then, under the Run animation:

If: Bit is Set: LA-Bit [100]
Asynchronous Timer: Frames = number of frames at Sonic's speed
A Frame Speed Modifier or something to speed it up
Synchronous Timer = Number of frames left over

Else:
Frame Speed Modifier or something to speed it up

End If:



Should work or something.

Interesting work you have here. The character is balanced yet very reflective of shadow; which is very good.
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


ok your Shadow Psa is amazing but Vietful Joe his animations need to be a little smoother.....

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12143.0

ya want extra moves on ya psa check out my tutorial.

Best used with riivolution.