SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

The whole point of the bounce is so that it doesn't just feel exactly like Sonic's D Air but with a spike.  The animation is so similar that it could be perceived as just a tweaked version of Sonic's D Air.  However, I will do what Sanity said and make the D Air connection more rewarding (disabling the landing lag was something I actually forgot to do for the bounce) by making the bounce interruptable much earlier.

As for the Chaos Spear, I'll probably also make the fall speed at the end a bit more and make it interruptable later, as well as removing the ability to move back and forward after one use in the air.  I won't however change it so that it aims downwards.  I hated how Sheik's needles did that and it prevents Shadow from mixing up his projectile from a distance.  

And the Chaos Control intangibility was actually me experimenting with something.  It takes more hits to pull of this time, and the animation length is longer.  I wanted to place the intangibility just at when he does the spin with the Chaos Emerald, but it wasn't working for some stupid reason.  I'll try again to make it work.

Also, guys, you should know by now (I've said it about 5 times) that I'm obviously making versions that don't have the weapons and Chaos Spear.  I did it for the previous version and I'm doing it for this one.

Oh and MarioDK, you won't have to port it again ;). Any changes that I make to the Sonic version I will also make to your DK version.  That saves you editing the graphics every time :)

Yeah, that is true, the item spawn and Chaos Control do seem... Well, for one thing, as a perfect, already in Brawl feeling, those kinda go against that, no one else has taunt powers, and no one can summon super powerful items...

It also almost put a friend of mine off from downloading it, so you really might want to change this in a future update.

Also, that friend is fixing up a few animations for you. =P

On a more random note... I randomly made a Viewtiful Joe texture... Well, more like put together two textures, you'll see what I mean... I'm still waiting for BY to tell me what he thinks.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hence why I am making the alternate versions.  It's obvious that they're both OPed and don't fit in.  A blind monkey could've told me that.  They serve as gimmicks to represent Shadow's moveset.  They'd be even more OPed as regular moves.  If you don't want them, don't use them for the next release.  But I'm at least trying to taking into account the fact that there are people who DO want them. That is the entire purpose of this Shadow.  To cater to as many people as possible.  It's that simple.

Also, lol at the texture XD His face went a bit crazy though :P

Quote from: SDo0m CaRdAvEr0Us on May 28, 2011, 07:46:44 AM
The whole point of the bounce is so that it doesn't just feel exactly like Sonic's D Air but with a spike.  The animation is so similar that it could be percepted as just a tweaked version of Sonic's D Air.  However, I will do what Sanity said and make the D Air connection more rewarding (disabling the landing lag was something I actually forgot to do for the bounce) by making the bounce interruptable much earlier.

As for the Chaos Spear, I'll probably also make the fall speed at the end a bit more and make it interruptable later, as well as removing the ability to move back and forward after one use in the air.  I won't however change it so that it aims downwards.  I hated how Sheik's needles did that and it prevents Shadow from mixing up his projectile from a distance. 

And the Chaos Control intangibility was actually me experimenting with something.  It takes more hits to pull of this time, and the animation length is longer.  I wanted to place the intangibility just at when he does the spin with the Chaos Emerald, but it wasn't working for some stupid reason.  I'll try again to make it work.

Also, guys, you should know by now (I've said it about 5 times) that I'm obviously making versions that don't have the weapons and Chaos Spear.  I did it for the previous version and I'm doing it for this one.

Oh and MarioDK, you won't have to port it again ;). Any changes that I make to the Sonic version I will also make to your DK version.  That saves you editing the graphics every time :)
nice but i still updating soon for SFX IDs and abit more revamped SFX pack(not much) btw i have self deleted spawn items on Shadowkong ;D i updating Shadowkong later with the new SFX IDs(i got Shadow to say let me show you the ultimate power like as your´s on your Shadow v1´s FS)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: SDo0m CaRdAvEr0Us on May 28, 2011, 07:59:39 AM
Hence why I am making the alternate versions.  It's obvious that they're both OPed and don't fit in.  A blind monkey could've told me that.  They serve as gimmicks to represent Shadow's moveset.  They'd be even more OPed as regular moves.  If you don't want them, don't use them for the next release.  But I'm at least trying to taking into account the fact that there are people who DO want them. That is the entire purpose of this Shadow.  To cater to as many people as possible.  It's that simple.

Also, lol at the texture XD His face went a bit crazy though :P
Hm, very true, just like there are people who love blatantly God like PSAs, and what not... Very good point.

And yeah, I admit, the face wasn't the strong point on that texture, it was a test with layers honestly, with the outfit, I thought it turned out very nicely... Though someone must have not told him how to put on his makeup correctly.
XD

why not just make a Goku joe or Viewtiful goku ;D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Because, I figured Ronald Joe would work a bit better, since his taunts kinda have the same goofiness that the Japanese Ronald has... Well, not near as much actually... But it's still pretty funny seeing Ronald Joe in motion, and second... I just don't know if Gokuful Joe would be quite as... Fitting? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong...

nahh just a idea i got so the texture/vertex cn fit for two movesets
goku moveset
and V. joe moveset

anyway now all "B"/afew "A" attacks and taunt got shadow´s voices on shadowkong
but i still needing to know how i can get the PSA to random use 3x SFX IDs so i can use them for "A" attacks so it is like to have Low voice clip code over shadowkong

then just port some of Sonic´s Sounds (not voices) to Dk inside the brsar and get SFX IDs for them
and also edit the SFX IDs for Shadowkong with V1 moveset too ;D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

I'll be uploading the alternate versions fairly soon (all of them except the Minus version, I'll need a bit more time on that one). 

I also tweaked a couple of things but I have yet to test it...

me too i upload Shadowkong V2(V2 moveset) soon too
here is the changes:
a new SFX pack(not much edited but atleast abit better now)
deleted Spawn items on up-taunt since that coz crashes
edited SFX IDs it still needs Sonic´s SFX(not Voices) but over DK. but voices is good now and now he dont say chaos control on almost all his attacks ;D

and for Shadowkong V8.1(v1 moveset) is just SFX IDs/SFX pack
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Hey guys, I'd like to change the U Tilt to something else.  I've had a lot of complaints and criticisms about that move and looking at the move more it could use some changing.  However, I'm not too sure what to change it to.  I definitely don't want to use Sonic's U Tilt.  Not only would that be lazy, but the AAA combo already involves the U Tilt.  But I'm really stumped on ideas :-\

But apart from that, expect the alternate versions to be released in a few moments.

Quote from: SDo0m CaRdAvEr0Us on May 28, 2011, 12:17:19 PM
Hey guys, I'd like to change the U Tilt to something else.  I've had a lot of complaints and criticisms about that move and looking at the move more it could use some changing.  However, I'm not too sure what to change it to.  I definitely don't want to use Sonic's U Tilt.  Not only would that be lazy, but the AAA combo already involves the U Tilt.  But I'm really stumped on ideas :-\

But apart from that, expect the alternate versions to be released in a few moments.
By the way, did you get MarioKing's PM? If so... What did you think of his fixes?

And... Hm... Maybe just making the damage 7% would help it... The up tilt I mean...

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on May 28, 2011, 12:27:59 PM
By the way, did you get MarioKing's PM? If so... What did you think of his fixes?

And... Hm... Maybe just making the damage 7% would help it... The up tilt I mean...


Yeah I got the PM.  His new MotionEtc.pac increase the file size by a lot.  I have yet to test whether it works yet, but if it does I'll use most of it.

Also, it's not really the damage I'm talking about.  As I said before, Sonic's U Tilt does 14%.  It's more the move as a whole.  It needs to be completely changed.

Quote from: SDo0m CaRdAvEr0Us on May 28, 2011, 12:38:45 PM
Yeah I got the PM.  His new MotionEtc.pac increase the file size by a lot.  I have yet to test whether it works yet, but if it does I'll use most of it.

Also, it's not really the damage I'm talking about.  As I said before, Sonic's U Tilt does 14%.  It's more the move as a whole.  It needs to be completely changed.
Hm... So the file size jumps up? Maybe it needs to be cleaned up with BrawlBox 6.2?

And, alright... If you want to change the up tilt, you might be able to, look into Sonic Battle maybe? Or some other game?

uploaded V2 of the Shadowkong with V2 moveset
now with:
SFX pack/edited SFX IDs and hopefully soon ported SFX from Sonic to DK(not voices)
(V1 moveset coming soon with Fied SFX IDs for the changed SFX pack)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later