SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 19, 2011, 10:49:01 PM
The reason why I'm creating this PSA is to experiment with something new and interesting in terms of gameplay mechanics.  Something fresh that feels fun and satisfying to use, yet at the same time offers a respectable level of balance in both casual and more competitive play.  
I'll be honest, I dislike how it looks like many (At least 40/100 of the ones actually working on something at this moment, it being PSA or Vertex)  are working on something from the Dragon Ball franchise at this moment, but putting that aside, Kid Boo's really looking great. Although, I'm dying for you to start the Black Knight PSA, 'cause that'd totally be some new playstyle, as well.

Can't
wait to see more previews from you. :D

September 20, 2011, 03:49:38 PM #4981 Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:51:12 PM by _Data_Drain_
Quote from: Hooded Man on September 20, 2011, 03:17:39 PM
I'll be honest, I dislike how it looks like many (At least 40/100 of the ones actually working on something at this moment, it being PSA or Vertex)  are working on something from the Dragon Ball franchise at this moment, but putting that aside, Kid Boo's really looking great. Although, I'm dying for you to start the Black Knight PSA, 'cause that'd totally be some new playstyle, as well.

Can't
wait to see more previews from you. :D
To be honest, I've never even played a FE game, and even I look forward to the Black Knight, since he'll be such a different character then most PSAs... Most are fast, it should be interesting to see how you make a slow character good enough to tackle the high tiers.

Anyway... While likely not gonna use him, Kid Buu's looking pretty good so far.

But I also agree with Wolfric here... It's a little disappointing how many people are working on a Dragon Ball related hack... At least yours will stand out though, and be one of the VERY few I would even consider using. :P

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on September 20, 2011, 03:49:38 PM
To be honest, I've never even played a FE game, and even I look forward to the Black Knight, since he'll be such a different character then most PSAs... Most are fast, it should be interesting to see how you make a slow character good enough to tackle the high tiers.

Thinking about it, I probably would do Black Knight after Kid Buu.  I was doing Zero and I couldn't get into him which kinda annoys me since he's such a cool character :-\

Black Knight will work like proper "slow but strong" characters.  Massive weight, massive power, armour on his strongest but slowest attacks.  Weaker armour on some other moves and a couple of fast moves.  That's the way in which to make a slow character good.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 20, 2011, 04:49:55 PM
Thinking about it, I probably would do Black Knight after Kid Buu.  I was doing Zero and I couldn't get into him which kinda annoys me since he's such a cool character :-\

Black Knight will work like proper "slow but strong" characters.  Massive weight, massive power, armour on his strongest but slowest attacks.  Weaker armour on some other moves and a couple of fast moves.  That's the way in which to make a slow character good.
Yeah, I am expecting Zero as well, but I know you've had problems relating to his PSA, but that could be something time will change with new ideas, I suppose.

Either way, can't wait for both of these movesets (Thse being Kid Buu and Black Knight in the future)

I can't say I've ever really liked the DBZ franchise. But Kid Buu will still have a permanent spot on my hack library, if only for the reason that I know it will be done well and fun to play as. Same goes for Black Knight. Looking forward to both!


Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
Personas:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tumblr!

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 20, 2011, 04:49:55 PM
Thinking about it, I probably would do Black Knight after Kid Buu.  I was doing Zero and I couldn't get into him which kinda annoys me since he's such a cool character :-\

Black Knight will work like proper "slow but strong" characters.  Massive weight, massive power, armour on his strongest but slowest attacks.  Weaker armour on some other moves and a couple of fast moves.  That's the way in which to make a slow character good.
Hm... Sounds all very good, I REALLY look forward to him.

(And, after him, if you need help with Zero, MarioKing would be glad to help you when he gets time.)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention what Kid Buu's taunts will be:

U Taunt - He beats his chest in his standard fashion.  Though it's really more slapping the chest because of Lucario's lame bone structure (I can't clench Kid Buu's hand to a fist).

S Taunt - Kid Buu stretches out his arms, holds them together like a jump rope, swings his arms under him and jumps over them like a little schoolgirl.

D Taunt - Kid Buu momentarily falls asleep

Secret Taunt - ...
[spoiler]

This move loops indefinitely when you use it.  However, it can also be interrupted by anything you want after the move has been out for one second (60 frames).  Find out how to use it, and you will experience epic fun times!

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 20, 2011, 08:34:06 PM

S Taunt - Kid Buu stretches out his arms, holds them together like a jump rope, swings his arms under him and jumps over them like a little schoolgirl.

. . .

*starts to imagine Kid Buu in a Schoolgirl outfit*

. . .

awesome taunt ideas for DBZ Monkey D. Luffy Kid buu
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

 :nyeh: Belly dancing Kid Buu?!? O_o He's trying to be sexy for the female majins lol
This will haunt me in my sleep <.<

But seriously, all the animations look pretty good so far, other than the hips looking weird in some as someone mentioned earlier. I noticed you used Sonic's Down smash animation, pretty cool considering some of Buu's attacks does consist of rolling.

Quote from: Mystic Gohan on September 20, 2011, 09:29:26 PM
But seriously, all the animations look pretty good so far, other than the hips looking weird in some as someone mentioned earlier. I noticed you used Sonic's Down smash animation, pretty cool considering some of Buu's attacks does consist of rolling.

Nah that animation is fully custom.  It just has pretty much identical timings to Sonic's D Smash.  The main way you can tell is actually the way he curls into his ball.  Sonic and Kid Buu curl into balls differently.  Sonic tucks his arms in, his feet scale down and his head goes inwards.  With Kid Buu, he pulls his legs over his shoulders, grasps his legs with his arms and has his head pointing forward.  See here:

http://youtu.be/PXJSrf910ig?t=4m36s

Also, porting Sonic's animations is a pain.  Having to rotate that right shoulder in EVERY keyframe is just monotonous. 

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 20, 2011, 09:38:11 PM
Nah that animation is fully custom.  It just has pretty much identical timings to Sonic's D Smash.  The main way you can tell is actually the way he curls into his ball.  Sonic and Kid Buu curl into balls differently.  Sonic tucks his arms in, his feet scale down and his head goes inwards.  With Kid Buu, he pulls his legs over his shoulders, grasps his legs with his arms and has his head pointing forward.  See here:

http://youtu.be/PXJSrf910ig?t=4m36s

Also, porting Sonic's animations is a pain.  Having to rotate that right shoulder in EVERY keyframe is just monotonous. 
Ah, I see...I watched it again and saw the difference, just seeing him rolling made me assume it was from Sonic...well, its pretty sweet regardless :D

Oh, I am required to ask...

will there be a minus version please?   :af:


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Beyondyou making V2 Buu vertex now :D
perfect timeing for the moveset
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

those taunts are awesome  ;D
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]