SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Ah! SD you have filled me with the feeling of happiness. Hug me brotha

@jokekid
The wait animation is a 6 second long animation.  It's actually been sped up by x2 because I felt he swung his arms too slowly.  I may slow it down a tad though.  I wanted to the wait animation to convey a sense of laziness but still get across Kid Buu's aggressive nature somewhat.

As for the walking and running, the slow and middle walks seem out of place.  I agree with you there.  I'm personally content with the fast walk and I'm not touching that running animation.  No arguments or questions asked.  It's staying EXACTLY the same.

About the U tilt, I could probably make a new one.  This one was based off his BT3 launching attack, but I find that it came out a bit stiff.  I'll conjure up a new idea.

May I asked what IN PARTICULAR you did like about it?  In what area did you think it succeeded?  Just so I can know not only what works fluidly for this moveset and what doesn't but also see what kind of thing could work for my other movesets.

as i already said, i didnt see the whole thing yet, and im going to bed now...

and of course, u'll also get positive feedback from me... i just pointed out what i saw weird or wrong in the first minutes... ^^

about the running, i think u dont need to edit the animation, but just his speed attribute...
it happens in some of ur PSAs that the running doesnt really look good...

spidey and cloud are 2 examples of this ^^

so this is what i rly see in that run,
because of the speed, he moves to much forward in just one step, its like if he is jumping or gliding instead of running.

and good stff, well that wait animation, it just needs to be slown down a bit and it'll be perfect ^^

also, down smash is funny and cool, nice how u grabbed sonic's concept and adapted it to buu.

hope this helps a bit ^^

Quote from: Ultraxwing on September 30, 2011, 10:41:26 PM
OMG!!!! that looks amazing. and my i ask what stage is that????

it's all so amazing and full of wonder.
LordNoah's underrated when it comes to Hacking Fame. I'd easily put him on the Top 5 Stage Makers.

@SDo0m: Nicely done, althought.... I'm looking forward more to what you said about "High strenght and high weakness"... Since so far.. He racks damage up fast.

Looking good, I will give better fee back by
Monday(That is if you release the beta by then lol)
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Looks awesome, but I won't be able to give any real feedback until I test it against other characters and people. I'm one of those guys. Looks like I could combo the hell out of anybody, we'll see how well it does.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

I know you want the play testers to be the main brunt of your feedback, but here is my impression from the video.

The forward A animation would be more lively, right now just looks like a standing poke. You could have his arm bent slightly to the left (beyond where the elbow allows) and make it seem like he's whipping it. The same goes for the U-Tilt, it could be much more lively looking.

The Wait1 animation needs to be a continuous loop. It is in the video, but he is constantly going into and out of his pose. I think this should change.

I also think a lot of his Air's could use a more Buu-like touch. Don't ask me how, but they just don't seem like Buu, maybe a clockwise, overhead helicopter kick (he leans sideways with his hips nearly vertical while performing this), or could incorporate the Kiai Cannon into one of his attacks (which all DBZ characters can do).

His forward smash is nice, his D-Smash could be something more like a spinning twin leg sweep attack, but that's just me.

Good work so far.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

regarding the wait animation...  I think it looks great, it really looks like he just dosn't give  f*** if you attack him or not. Its so [censored]y and lazy at the same time.

But i agree its a little off the only thing i could suggest is to get rid of the part where he stops swinging his arms. Or maybe just slow it down, Or maybe just slow that part down. Its just not very smooth. 

I'll give ya real feeback later tho =P  but my oh my. That there looks like the true essence of DBz brought into brawl. It looks so fresh.

good works i see afew Attacks from DBZ Bt3 :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

As regards to the wait animation, the reason why it loops as it does is so that there is a proper transition from other animations.  That pose at the beginning and end is from that first Wait1 I made, and basically every ground animation ends in that pose.  I'd have to rework all those animations just to transition properly and quite frankly it's definitely not worth the time. Who stands around in a match and does nothing anyway XD?

thats what wait 2 and 3 are for =D   


but yeah i'd say just slow that part down.

Quote from: Velen on October 01, 2011, 04:42:48 AM
I know you want the play testers to be the main brunt of your feedback, but here is my impression from the video.

The forward A animation would be more lively, right now just looks like a standing poke. You could have his arm bent slightly to the left (beyond where the elbow allows) and make it seem like he's whipping it. The same goes for the U-Tilt, it could be much more lively looking.

Except it's less meant to convey a whipping motion and more a sort of "reeling in" motion.  As for the U Tilt, yeah I'm just gonna change it completely.

QuoteI also think a lot of his Air's could use a more Buu-like touch. Don't ask me how, but they just don't seem like Buu, maybe a clockwise, overhead helicopter kick (he leans sideways with his hips nearly vertical while performing this), or could incorporate the Kiai Cannon into one of his attacks (which all DBZ characters can do).

I like the helicopter kick idea.  Do you mean something like this?

http://youtu.be/WxdMvnLRbTE?t=41s

If so, that would make a great F Air.  Mainly because it functions similarly to his current F Air.  At the moment I've found that his F Air, B Air and U Air are his most useful aerials.  However, Kiai Cannon would look terrible as an aerial.  And not every DBZ character uses it.  Sure, Kid Buu does, but it's a dull move for him.  He just stands and pushes his palm out.  I feel that pretty much any other move would be more interesting.

QuoteHis forward smash is nice, his D-Smash could be something more like a spinning twin leg sweep attack, but that's just me.

Good work so far.

Nah the D Smash has to stay the same otherwise that jump cancel will make no sense, and that jump cancel is needed so it can act as a key part of his combo system.


QuoteThe Wait1 animation needs to be a continuous loop. It is in the video, but he is constantly going into and out of his pose. I think this should change.

Quote from: StarWaffle on October 01, 2011, 06:58:56 AM
thats what wait 2 and 3 are for =D  

Lol true.  However, if I used the Wait2 or Wait3, I wouldn't be able to have other waiting animations.  I had a couple of ideas for more waiting animations that I wanted to do.


Preview vid is ...
SUPERSPECIALAWESOME! xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

What I mean by the helicopter kick is that he leans to the left (or to the right) makes his hips almost vertical, then does a series of overhead kicks while spinning in a clockwise motion.

At the moment I don't have the time to make a rough animation to show you my idea, cause I am going to go to an open house even at my father's workplace, but I'll be back later and do that.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 01, 2011, 08:46:50 AM
Lol true.  However, if I used the Wait2 or Wait3, I wouldn't be able to have other waiting animations.  I had a couple of ideas for more waiting animations that I wanted to do.

Well, I agree with everyone else. The current wait1 should be a wait2 or 3. I don't know what other ideas you have for his waits, but based on his personality from what you've said (I know nothing about DBZ), maybe he could crack his neck, twisting it right and left with each hand. It'd kinda give him more of the aggressive side to him, to contrast his looser, lazy side.
As well, his down arial attack flattens out a bit much when he hits a character. I'd make it less so (still cartoony, but slightly more realistic).