Sol Sanctum- Daily Updates- M:OM Samus FINAL Powersuit Preview

Started by Weyard, December 13, 2010, 08:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Just thought I'd ask.......What do you think of Metroid Other M??

It's good. I didn't have any problems with the story or how Samus was portrayed.
I liked the game but I didn't like the way that Samus was portrayed.
I hated it. They made Samus into a whiny little girl.
I hate other M because Samus showed human emotion. I hate human emotion.
Quote from: Weyard on July 25, 2011, 01:43:24 AM
Bad news though, Samus's model in the folder looks like it is also in pieces, so I'm not sure how to put it back together to view it in 3dsmax. I'll just have to go by screenshots.

Ask Beyond?

He somehow managed to view Ameratsu in 3DS in one piece. And that model is four pieces.

Excellent work Weyard!  The texturing looks a tad off on places like the chest, but for the most part it looks great.  I'm still lovin those legs...

I'm doing an Other M Samus vertex for Gamma Ridley's Other M PSA.

Here's a preview picture for those who havn't been to the psa thread.



THIS IS NOT MY TEXTURE-WORK. I'm using one of the random Other M textures from the vault so I can see what I'm doing a bit better. I asked the creator of it if I could use it for the project but he hasn't replied.
If he doesn't allow me/doesn't respond, I'll be making my own.

The chest is finished, the legs are finished.
I'm starting on the gun tomorrow.

I would be excited for the Other M Samus if I recognized the game's existence. It is a good vertex though. The chest is looking good, and like S-Doom, those legs are fantastic.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Quote from: EnigmaticSpirit on July 27, 2011, 07:39:32 AM
I would be excited for the Other M Samus if I recognized the game's existence. It is a good vertex though. The chest is looking good, and like S-Doom, those legs are fantastic.

Have you never played it or do you just hate it? I hope you aren't among the bunch who envisioned Samus as a thoughtless killing machine after her silent appearances in the Prime games. Blame Retro for that. Samus has the same personality she had in Fusion and Super.

The controls are the only serious fault with Other M. I don't see why you would deny it's existence unless you were one of "those people".




Quote from: Weyard on July 27, 2011, 07:50:43 AM
Have you never played it or do you just hate it? I hope you aren't among the bunch who envisioned Samus as a thoughtless killing machine after her silent appearances in the Prime games. Blame Retro for that. Samus has the same personality she had in Fusion and Super.
^This so much. Pointless hate towards the game is pointless. It's out, deal with it.
Other M above all! Yes even Super Metroid! >:(

Vertex looking great man, i see you're using the model i linked in the PSA thread? :P

Quote from: Himari on July 27, 2011, 07:55:30 AM
^This so much. Pointless hate towards the game is pointless. It's out, deal with it.
Other M above all! Yes even Super Metroid! >:(

Vertex looking great man, i see you're using the model i linked in the PSA thread? :P

I don't understand where the hate is coming from. I have some ideas but I really don't see the problem.

There is nothing serious wrong with the game.
I found the controls clunky and unresponsive at times, but I had nothing at all against the story or the portrayal of Samus. I don't see how anyone who has played through the entire series could not like Other M.

My guess is that all these Halo fanboys got into Metroid through the 1st person Prime games. They always saw Samus as a thoughtless killing machine and were outraged when she started behaving like an actual human being (as she did in previous Canon Metroid games).

-

My favorite is Prime1, then Metroid 2 (I love the level-design mostly), then Other M, then Super.
Prime 2 is my least favorite.

-

I only used it for the arm so far. I brought the model up behind Samus and shaped it to fit exact. The model I used from the folder was flat, so I could only edit the basic frontal shape. Not sure why exactly. None of the models in there appeared to be full 3d models.

I'm going to use it for the gun as well.

The chest and legs was mostly side-view work so I couldn't use the model for them.

If the guy who owns the texture I'm using now doesn't reply/refuses me, I'll have to piece together a texture from the texture files from that model you gave me as well.


Quote from: Weyard on July 27, 2011, 08:11:45 AM
I only used it for the arm so far. I brought the model up behind Samus and shaped it to fit exact. The model I used from the folder was flat, so I could only edit the basic frontal shape. Not sure why exactly. None of the models in there appeared to be full 3d models.

I'm going to use it for the gun as well.

The chest and legs was mostly side-view work so I couldn't use the model for them.

If the guy who owns the texture I'm using now doesn't reply/refuses me, I'll have to piece together a texture from the texture files from that model you gave me as well.


Good to see i could help even if it wasn't the way i thought it would be xD

And Other M had no problems for me, the controls worked perfectly. Hell, i did a speedrun in hard mode and didn't get hit once by several bosses XD
Nightmare was the first boss that hit me D:

And my list would be:
Other M, Prime 3, Prime 2, Prime 1, all the other older Metroid games

Yeah reversed order of the games i know xD

Quote from: Himari on July 27, 2011, 08:34:54 AM
Good to see i could help even if it wasn't the way i thought it would be xD

And Other M had no problems for me, the controls worked perfectly. Hell, i did a speedrun in hard mode and didn't get hit once by several bosses XD
Nightmare was the first boss that hit me D:

And my list would be:
Other M, Prime 3, Prime 2, Prime 1, all the other older Metroid games

Yeah reversed order of the games i know xD
Well in hard mode every boss after the first two or three can 1hitko's you so you have to go without getting hit lol.

Quote from: Weyard on July 27, 2011, 08:47:00 AM
Well in hard mode every boss after the first two or three can 1hitko's you so you have to go without getting hit lol.
So i heard, i just hate nightmare sometimes xD

Hmm... so can you use the texture from the model itself on Other M Samus, which you can find here?
http://www.models-resource.com/wii_gamecube/metroidotherm/sheet/1263
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Sorceress on July 27, 2011, 08:56:46 AM
Hmm... so can you use the texture from the model itself on Other M Samus, which you can find here?
http://www.models-resource.com/wii_gamecube/metroidotherm/sheet/1263

That's the texture i linked him >.>

Also, Weyard. If you can make MB you're my hero for ever! xD

Quote from: Sorceress on July 27, 2011, 08:56:46 AM
Hmm... so can you use the texture from the model itself on Other M Samus, which you can find here?
http://www.models-resource.com/wii_gamecube/metroidotherm/sheet/1263

I already have that. It came with the model that was given to me earlier.

I plan to use it anyway. That texture I'm using now would just be a base until I piece together the actual texture from those sheets.

I had MB on my old list of ideas but never got around t it.

Quote from: Weyard on July 27, 2011, 09:01:07 AM
I already have that. It came with the model that was given to me earlier.

I plan to use it anyway. That texture I'm using now would just be a base until I piece together the actual texture from those sheets.

I had MB on my old list of ideas but never got around t it.
Oh, ok.

I'm thinking Zero Suit Samus for MB. :P
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿