Sol Sanctum- Daily Updates- M:OM Samus FINAL Powersuit Preview

Started by Weyard, December 13, 2010, 08:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Just thought I'd ask.......What do you think of Metroid Other M??

It's good. I didn't have any problems with the story or how Samus was portrayed.
I liked the game but I didn't like the way that Samus was portrayed.
I hated it. They made Samus into a whiny little girl.
I hate other M because Samus showed human emotion. I hate human emotion.
Another preview for those of you not following the psa thread.

There is a lot more progress on the model and I've applied the official Other M powersuit texture.
Now I just need to reshade it, line up vertices to fix a few spots, and make the siro/refs.


Quote from: Weyard on July 29, 2011, 07:42:53 AM
Another preview for those of you not following the psa thread.

There is a lot more progress on the model and I've applied the official Other M powersuit texture.
Now I just need to reshade it, line up vertices to fix a few spots, and make the siro/refs.


And then ship in a bullet proof box over to me for the recolors :af: *shot*

That aside, looks great! :D

the lines look kinda screwed up... u should probably fix that by vertexing with that texture applied ^^

They'll probably look better with the proper coloring.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Looks great! I need to play through Other M again. I've only beaten it twice, then I started a game on Hard and could not beat the lava-fish-whale thing (I THINK it's called the Vorash.) I honestly did not like Samus' portrayal. I don't have problem with her talking, but she talked too much. She talks in Fusion, but not nearly that much. It's not even really the talking, it's just that she monologues to herself every 5 seconds about Adam and THE BABY.  :notimp: I like the game a lot, but I'd rather play the Prime trilogy almost any other day. I don't think she should always be silent, but she just monologues too much for me. Plus, Jennifer Hale didn't even do her voice, they got someone else to do it.  :'( She actually had a brief narration recorded for the beginning of Prime 1 that they took out later on before the game was released.

Texture needs a LOT of work, mainly metalic shading and fixing up the lines, along with proper colors.

I think everyone missed this line:

"Now I just need to reshade it, line up vertices to fix a few spots, and make the siro/refs"

yup I missed that

Even if I had read it I would have given some other form of critique.

Other M Samus is looking awesome, I liked the fourth poll option XD But I like Other M Samus lol, so if only there was a fifth option just against human emotion XD But don't forgot to send for that 20 recolor pack I'm gonna make lol.

Quote from: xZedkiel on July 30, 2011, 01:29:39 PM
Other M Samus is looking awesome, I liked the fourth poll option XD But I like Other M Samus lol, so if only there was a fifth option just against human emotion XD But don't forgot to send for that 20 recolor pack I'm gonna make lol.
Hey no taking, share it with me. I'm making recolors to you know xD
I even listed them in my thread xP

Quote from: Puraidou on July 30, 2011, 01:34:27 PM
Hey no taking, share it with me. I'm making recolors to you know xD
I even listed them in my thread xP
Lol I literally asked first on the thread, but they said we can both do it! XD I'm still making my creative 20 pack XD

Quote from: xZedkiel on July 30, 2011, 01:36:15 PM
Lol I literally asked first on the thread, but they said we can both do it! XD I'm still making my creative 20 pack XD
I know but Gamma came to me, and i never you couldn't XD
The more colors the better xD

Quote from: Puraidou on July 30, 2011, 01:43:15 PM
I know but Gamma came to me, and i never you couldn't XD
The more colors the better xD
Exactly lol and he came to you though I offered? D: He really doesn't like me then.. Jk lol

Here's one last preview of the M:OM Power Suit.




The PowerSuit texture needs one or two very minor 1-2 minute changes, then it will be finished.
I'm also making Varia and attempting M:OM's gravity suit (Varia with a purple glow/shine).

Other than the fact that the shoulder-pads look dented and the fact that part of the Arm Cannon is a little too square-ish, it looks amazing.

I'm not complaining though, you use Blender for vertexing right? I tried blender and it is frustrating, I can only imagine how meticulous it is to actually vertex something.