Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 23, 2011, 11:25:29 PM #345 Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:26:54 PM by TommoPuppy
Have you guys talked to RandomTalkingBush about it? I'm sure he knows a fair bit, because he's manually imported 3 TF2 models by going through a DAE file with a hex editor.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on February 23, 2011, 11:25:29 PM
Have you guys talked to RandomTalkingBush about it? I'm sure he knows a fair bit, because he's manually imported 3 TF2 models by going through a DAE file with a hex editor.

I think he posted somewhere around here about materials/shaders...

I did take a look at the model dumps that RandomTBush got from Mario Sports Mix.  Of course, model dumps are useless if you can't figure out what the SMD and DAE files are for.

Now, I have no interest in doing model imports whatsoever, but this is still something to keep in mind.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on February 23, 2011, 11:25:29 PM
Have you guys talked to RandomTalkingBush about it? I'm sure he knows a fair bit, because he's manually imported 3 TF2 models by going through a DAE file with a hex editor.

That is all common knowledge what he did, what isn't commonly known (or not known at all) are materials and shader definitions (and a few other things that aren't particularly vital to get a working model).

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 23, 2011, 11:10:25 PM
Well I haven't talked to Tcll in a while, I've been working on my converter every once and a while, Vile's been off messing around with his vertex injector and I think Mariokart's looking into the format on his own. It's all kinda unorganized right now, everyone's doing their own thing...

I think I'm done with the MDL0 format (or at least taking a break from it), I've been making a few tools to edit the internal data of retail PKG files.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

You gonna release the vertex editor thing, though?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Ok here's some good news: I've managed to pinpoint the problem with Kryal's dae importer. I (sorta) know how his code works now, so I've managed to fix the error that's thrown when you import a dae. But now I can't save or export the mdl0 because the vertex offset, nodes length and another offset in the header is set to 0 and won't point brawlbox to the correct location to export/save the mdl0. So I'm working on that now. I'll be releasing a modset of Brawlbox v0.64 instead when I'm done. I fixed the floor too.

So this will convert an mdlo to dae, and then from a dae to an mdlo I can use on ANY character? :l

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on February 25, 2011, 12:23:50 AM
So this will convert an mdlo to dae, and then from a dae to an mdlo I can use on ANY character? :l

Yeah...

So basically that means the following once you get this thing up and running?

No more Trans N glitches
No more tiny shield glitches
No more thrown N/being thrown glitches
No more have n glitches?

^ for any model from any character? =3

If so, that would be amazing!
Also, what bone ID's would I use if I ported a character over to a diff character with this tool?

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on February 25, 2011, 12:34:42 AM
So basically that means the following once you get this thing up and running?

No more Trans N glitches
No more tiny shield glitches
No more thrown N/being thrown glitches
No more have n glitches?

^ for any model from any character? =3

If so, that would be amazing!
Also, what bone ID's would I use if I ported a character over to a diff character with this tool?

It means a lot more than that...
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Well every glitch you stated involves the bone structure, so you'd just have to rig your model in 3ds max according the character you want to port it over.

And it's no longer my own tool, I'm just editing Kryal's code since it's practically done.

When do you see this being finished?
Also, it will be able to import normal .DAE files, right?
'Cause I've got a .DAE of Outset Island, and it's just begging to be a stage :D

FC: 2191-7379-6272

I have no idea when it'll be done.
...and aren't all .DAE files normal? lol

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 25, 2011, 03:14:42 AM
I have no idea when it'll be done.
...and aren't all .DAE files normal? lol

I think they mean DAE's not made by the ais thing...