Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 25, 2011, 12:13:50 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 25, 2011, 03:40:12 AM
what's figured out about the MDL0 so far:

Definitions (what do these do??)
Bones (unconverted)
Verts
Normals
Colors (not sure how they're used)
UV's
Materials (figuring)
Shader_Config (figuring)
Objects (need to figure out face-points)
Textures (not sure how they're used)
Pallets (not sure how they're used)


other stuff:
nodes (what do these do??)
weights (unconverted)

anything I may have forgotten

the unconverted stuff is figured out ;)

Nice, Tcll! Provided you get this all figured out in a reasonable amount of time, how long do you expect it will be before you have a beta? and would i be able to be a tester?

It's mostly known stuff there, also there should be a community thread that helps get info on uncommonly known parts of the MDL0.

And, Tcll if we could arrange to chat at different times of the that would be good (you are on your chat at times that I can't be on the computer).
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on January 25, 2011, 12:34:15 PM
Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 25, 2011, 12:13:50 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 25, 2011, 03:40:12 AM
what's figured out about the MDL0 so far:

Definitions (what do these do??)
Bones (unconverted)
Verts
Normals
Colors (not sure how they're used)
UV's
Materials (figuring)
Shader_Config (figuring)
Objects (need to figure out face-points)
Textures (not sure how they're used)
Pallets (not sure how they're used)


other stuff:
nodes (what do these do??)
weights (unconverted)

anything I may have forgotten

the unconverted stuff is figured out ;)

Nice, Tcll! Provided you get this all figured out in a reasonable amount of time, how long do you expect it will be before you have a beta? and would i be able to be a tester?

It's mostly known stuff there, also there should be a community thread that helps get info on uncommonly known parts of the MDL0.

And, Tcll if we could arrange to chat at different times of the that would be good (you are on your chat at times that I can't be on the computer).

O.o
a community thread...
link plz...

I've put out so many MDL0 info threads and barely figured out anything from them :/

btw...
I'm on my chat:
Weekdays: after I come home from skool until bed time
Weekends: all day
otherwise I'm out with mom shopping, or at a friends or something...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 25, 2011, 07:59:39 PM
O.o
a community thread...
link plz...

Tech... reread what he just said...

Quote from: Roo on January 25, 2011, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 25, 2011, 07:59:39 PM
O.o
a community thread...
link plz...

Tech... reread what he just said...

oh... XDD

derp :P

in that case, I guess I can say:
there's been about 3 to 5 info threads created
and about 2 to 3 sub-info threads

^there may be more :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 25, 2011, 09:42:56 PM #334 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:21:37 PM by Tcll
well...
here's (hopefully) the largest MDL0 discussion thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296356

I hope this works :/

EDIT:
oops... lol :P

didn't realize the thread wasn't in a public place XDD

I've asked the mods if they could move it :)

EDIT2:
I've moved it myself >:/
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12060199#post12060199

heh...
now they have to delete that last thread XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: LordNOaH on January 30, 2011, 12:23:29 AM
tcll have you made any further progress with materials?  And what about STDT stuff with stages?

I'm not at material level yet on my converter...
I'm at faces right now (model)
next is bones and weights
then it's materials and shaders

and STDT??
I'm not familiar with brawl acros :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Stage Trap Data Table.
It can modify the gimmicks in stages...

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 30, 2011, 12:32:55 AM
Stage Trap Data Table.
It can modify the gimmicks in stages...

ah...
that's prbly stuff dealing with physx and logic...
I'll have to look into that later :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 30, 2011, 12:47:14 AM
Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 30, 2011, 12:32:55 AM
Stage Trap Data Table.
It can modify the gimmicks in stages...

ah...
that's prbly stuff dealing with physx and logic...
I'll have to look into that later :P
Really, it's just blind trial and error right now... :P

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 30, 2011, 01:01:49 AM
Quote from: Tcll on January 30, 2011, 12:47:14 AM
Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 30, 2011, 12:32:55 AM
Stage Trap Data Table.
It can modify the gimmicks in stages...

ah...
that's prbly stuff dealing with physx and logic...
I'll have to look into that later :P
Really, it's just blind trial and error right now... :P
I'm assuming that stages have their own PSA like data that actually defines what the stage does. Has anyone tried opening a stage with Tabuu or something?
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

hitboxes and stuff can't be changed, its more of the timing of hazards, so STDT =/= to PSA for stages.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15618.0
f*cking sucks testing a stage 100+ times (set high value, test, set low value, test, set 0 value, test).

lol
IDK how to work PSA...

but I do intend to build a logic editor of my own :/
(works similar to blenders logic bricks)

not only that,
but you'll be able to define your own logic bricks >:3

but it's just an idea right now <_<

I'ma try to implement a script editor in it too (rel files)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

The definitions of the stages and hitboxes are hard coded into the .rel of stages.
It hard to find and edit hitboxes, but it can be done.

/off=topic

Any progress on this stuff?

FC: 2191-7379-6272