Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

September 16, 2011, 07:32:17 PM #3960 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:35:47 PM by Tcll
Quote from: Ian Sullivan on September 16, 2011, 07:25:57 PMSounds pretty [censored]ing awesome, Tcll.
*sigh*
I just hope I can actually build it before you guys become disappointed in me -_-
(if you guys arn't already) =3=

EDIT:
I think I've finally figured out why I keep seeing node instances in materials and vice-versa... >_>
apparently it's the materials and the nodes that make up the shader... <_<

imagine a tree if you would :P

Node
           >-   Shader
Material

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I think I speak for most people when I say that patience is a virtue. I always like to read your threads, be it SWF or here, even if I don't always understand what it is that you're doing, it's always good to see progress on anything.

Quote from: Tempo_ on September 16, 2011, 03:05:19 PM
Saw what you had besides Konata, BJ (... sounds weird).
You had a thing for breasts, I see. :srs:

I must get my hands on a 3DS Max 8. :(

Hey don't hate, appreciate. It's not my fault that I'm straight. You should definitely get 3ds Max 8. :vyse:
/rhyme

Quote from: Tcll on September 16, 2011, 07:09:09 PM
hey BJ...
if I can ever learn how to use classes, maybe I can get my converter to work as it should &gt;_&gt;

you explained classes to me before as vars...
but from what I&#039;ve seen, classes are actually used to perform specific tasks better than functions...

such as, creating multiple buttons while only using code for a single button...

BUT...
what I need to know is more like how it works.

can you explain that to me?? :/

I could possibly build a better GUI as well (making it UD faster) &gt;_&gt;


EDIT:
btw, I&#039;m starting over (from scratch) on UMC
(re-writing the plugins and everything)

instead of flashing multiple GUI&#039;s in your face for you to select an option from...
what I&#039;m going to do is instead define a single GUI to selest your import and export file from WHILE
giving you a RESIZABLE viewer to see the results before clicking Convert.

before I start though, I must learn classes and play around with them in GUI&#039;s first
(this will allow me to more perfect the method of conversion to use)

how&#039;s that sound?? (:&lt;

I&#039;m still going to have it convert to any format of your choice perfectly...
I just need to become a pro at programming in Py first -.-

btw... I&#039;ve destroyed my current brawl converter...
but I guess I can release my melee plugin when I get my compy back... &gt;_&gt;


btw, if any of you are concerned, I&#039;m still releasing this for free (on all terms) :)

EDIT:
here&#039;s the basic draft of what I want:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=27625.msg679393#msg679393

if anyone wants anything different, let me know :)

You make the form as a seperate class, then you put all the buttons and stuff in that class and call that class to open the form.

Think of it as a variable that contains more variables, which can contain even more variables in those variables, and so on. :srs:

September 16, 2011, 11:26:10 PM #3963 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:27:26 PM by Tempo_
There wouldn't happen to be .dae plugins for the 2009 version, would there?

I'm seeing that 8 is recommended because of its .dae compatibility or something.

EDIT: Who the hell would hate on breasts.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Hey Bj, I'm just in wonderment, but is it possible to take an smd and convert it to a dae and load it into your BrawlBox? I'm not very good at Models (besides making them animate)
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Tempo_ on September 16, 2011, 11:26:10 PM
There wouldn't happen to be .dae plugins for the 2009 version, would there?

I'm seeing that 8 is recommended because of its .dae compatibility or something.

EDIT: Who the hell would hate on breasts.

WEEEEEELLL if you want to import completely new models, 3ds Max 2010 would be the best option (because it's been tested and works perfectly).

And I have no idea, although there are *maybe* two people I know who would/have. Why is beyond me. :srs:

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 16, 2011, 11:32:04 PM
Hey Bj, I&#039;m just in wonderment, but is it possible to take an smd and convert it to a dae and load it into your BrawlBox? I&#039;m not very good at Models (besides making them animate)

I kinda looked at ways to convert an SMD and import it into 3ds Max a while back. I think you have to extract it to .MDL format, and then import it with a maxscript. Try googling "SMD model extracter" or something like that.

Quote from: Tempo_ on September 16, 2011, 11:26:10 PM
EDIT: Who the hell would hate on breasts.

@ Tempo:
Your previous statement has been....
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


@ BJ: How're dem shades workin out so far? 8)

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 16, 2011, 11:35:50 PM
@ Tempo:
Your previous statement has been....
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


@ BJ: How're dem shades workin out so far? 8)

Pretty good. Everything is progressing very smoothly without problems. :vyse:

And BJ, I have a question. Did you learn C# just for Brawl, or did you pick it up, and then just started working on it. I am learning Java at the moment (just what my school offers) and plan to learn C# afterwards (they should translate well. I mean I know webdesign, and I find that transferring decently to learning it).



Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 16, 2011, 11:39:57 PM
Pretty good. Everything is progressing very smoothly without problems. :vyse:

Keep up the good work then :P but don't forget to take a break once in a while to cool off :vyse:
if it ain't broke don't fix it right =3

Quote from: EnigmaticSpirit on September 16, 2011, 11:41:44 PM
And BJ, I have a question. Did you learn C# just for Brawl, or did you pick it up, and then just started working on it. I am learning Java at the moment (just what my school offers) and plan to learn C# afterwards (they should translate well. I mean I know webdesign, and I find that transferring decently to learning it).

I don't really get your question. My answer is, both? I knew just a little bit of Javascript when I first started which is pretty similar to C#, but I really didn't know much. I knew (and still know) HTML really well though :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 16, 2011, 11:34:13 PM
I kinda looked at ways to convert an SMD and import it into 3ds Max a while back. I think you have to extract it to .MDL format, and then import it with a maxscript. Try googling "SMD model extracter" or something like that.
I've already gotten to that step, since I can extract the SMD from an MDL. I'm just kinda stuck on the SMD part.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 16, 2011, 11:34:13 PMWEEEEEELLL if you want to import completely new models, 3ds Max 2010 would be the best option (because it's been tested and works perfectly). And I have no idea, although there are *maybe* two people I know who would/have. Why is beyond me. :srs:
I've created a new model in 3DS Max 2010 from scratch, but I can't seem to figure the bone tool, as my model has no bones. Because of this, BrawlBox crashes when I try uploading it to view it...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 16, 2011, 11:49:55 PM
I don't really get your question. My answer is, both? I knew just a little bit of Javascript when I first started which is pretty similar to C#, but I really didn't know much. I knew (and still know) HTML really well though :P
Java, or Javascript?
They're pretty different...
And Java is very close to C
(I don't know about C# though.)

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on September 17, 2011, 12:29:37 AM
Java, or Javascript?
They're pretty different...
And Java is very close to C
(I don't know about C# though.)

Javascript.