Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KTH on September 15, 2011, 06:54:03 PMSo i'll ask on that place... Someone know how to do a One-Slot resize without the FitMotion? Some like longchu by pikazz.
umm...
I don't really think there is a decent way to do it...
w/o glitching that is... >_>

best results would have a fitmotion file...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Ok. I thought that was about something else ^^'
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 15, 2011, 02:15:42 AM
Whoa, calm down. Many people requests things for the new BrawlBox, and going shouting that I should not have any new requests is obliviously against the rules and can get you warned. I've stopped doing silly requests repeatedly, as I now know it annoys people. But what YOU said...is just going a little bit TOO FAR.  :srs:

Not really. It needs to be said. Whenever somebody hits a wall they can't just go "You do it for me PLEASE!" No, I'm certain 90% of all of it could be fixed if they worked on it, be it for another hour, or another few days.



Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

The only thing that I absolutely need help with is texturing a character I make :l
Other than that I can do just fine.
Thing is, nobody gives enough [censored] about my projects to actually help >_> apparently you have to have more than twenty hacks and probably over 4,000 downloads to be considered important around here :l

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 16, 2011, 01:52:55 AM
The only thing that I absolutely need help with is texturing a character I make :l
Other than that I can do just fine.
Thing is, nobody gives enough [censored] about my projects to actually help >_> apparently you have to have more than twenty hacks and probably over 4,000 downloads to be considered important around here :l
Well, I honestly haven't heard of any hacks from you.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo Wright on September 16, 2011, 01:55:25 AM
Well, I honestly haven't heard of any hacks from you.
That's mainly cause I don't have any of them fancy download buttons or elaborate OP's in my topics. Nobody posts in them even if they've downloaded the hack. All of my stuff is ignored for the most part, there's only a few that's gotten over 200 downloads.

Apparently nobody really cares that I put just as much effort and creativity into my stuff as the big-wigs around here do...
My Recent hack for example should have more downloads, I'm not being all high-horse and saying like 9,000 or something, just a little more than it currently has. I put a lot of time into that, and yet I've had no critique whatsoever in my topics at all :l

Not gonna link to it here cause I'd be spamin the thread with non BB related stuff :s

On Topic: I dunno what I'm looking forward to more, DAE importing (100% working in game) or Skyward Sword =3

You should look forward to importing things FROM Skyward Sword :vyse:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Which still may have MDL0s, we don't know.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Can Anyone get me a mdlo of King Bokoblin from Twilight Princess? Just of him and his giant axe? (when he fights you the last time in Hyrule Castle) cause he's one of the characters I'm thinking of making, and eventually psa-ing after the real-time psa editor comes out.

I COULD use the model from Bridge of Eldin stage, but the textures are just blegh and his bones just aren't proper for a brawl boneset :l

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 16, 2011, 02:11:15 AM
Can Anyone get me a mdlo of King Bokoblin from Twilight Princess? Just of him and his giant axe? (when he fights you the last time in Hyrule Castle) cause he's one of the characters I'm thinking of making, and eventually psa-ing after the real-time psa editor comes out.

I COULD use the model from Bridge of Eldin stage, but the textures are just blegh and his bones just aren't proper for a brawl boneset :l

First off, have you actually finished ANY of these "projects" you keep bringing up? This is like the 46TH (random educated guess) project you've mentioned on this thread. Finish one of them already. :srs:
Second, get your non-Brawlbox-related requests and random project ideas outta here.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 16, 2011, 02:02:38 AM
That's mainly cause I don't have any of them fancy download buttons or elaborate OP's in my topics. Nobody posts in them even if they've downloaded the hack. All of my stuff is ignored for the most part, there's only a few that's gotten over 200 downloads.

Apparently nobody really cares that I put just as much effort and creativity into my stuff as the big-wigs around here do...

Let's see how I somehow "managed" to get noticed as a hacker.
1. I joined KC-MM because I found Brawl hacking awesome.
2. I made some hacks and learned the ropes by reading tutorials and through trial and error.
3. I figured out what was holding back the community from making more advanced hacks.
4. I set out to learn C# and the Brawlbox source so I could finish the MDL0 exporter.
5. I did. (And it wasn't easy)

I manged to figure out how to help everyone in the process of doing something I find fun.

When I first started out,
I knew absolutely nothing about Brawl hacking.
I didn't know C#.
I didn't know how to use 3ds Max at all.
I had never even looked at a model format before.
Remember one of my mottos: "Optimism or GTFO."
That motto got me to where I am today in about a year, and I didn't need any "fancy download buttons or elaborate OPs". Everyone started on the same foot with Brawl hacking. You could be as good as Beyond or Aafyre if you put enough work into it.

This little speech is directed at anyone saying that they don't know how to do something, or they can't do something without help.
Your excuse is irrelevant.

:vyse:

/maybe-unnecessary-speech-but-I-said-it-anyway

That's the speech of champions, BlackJax.

That's why you're the king, baby :vyse:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


and he shall always be the king! ;D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Saw what you had besides Konata, BJ (... sounds weird).
You had a thing for breasts, I see. :srs:

I must get my hands on a 3DS Max 8. :(
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

hey BJ...
if I can ever learn how to use classes, maybe I can get my converter to work as it should >_>

you explained classes to me before as vars...
but from what I've seen, classes are actually used to perform specific tasks better than functions...

such as, creating multiple buttons while only using code for a single button...

BUT...
what I need to know is more like how it works.

can you explain that to me?? :/

I could possibly build a better GUI as well (making it UD faster) >_>


EDIT:
btw, I'm starting over (from scratch) on UMC
(re-writing the plugins and everything)

instead of flashing multiple GUI's in your face for you to select an option from...
what I'm going to do is instead define a single GUI to selest your import and export file from WHILE
giving you a RESIZABLE viewer to see the results before clicking Convert.

before I start though, I must learn classes and play around with them in GUI's first
(this will allow me to more perfect the method of conversion to use)

how's that sound?? (:<

I'm still going to have it convert to any format of your choice perfectly...
I just need to become a pro at programming in Py first -.-

btw... I've destroyed my current brawl converter...
but I guess I can release my melee plugin when I get my compy back... >_>


btw, if any of you are concerned, I'm still releasing this for free (on all terms) :)

EDIT:
here's the basic draft of what I want:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=27625.msg679393#msg679393

if anyone wants anything different, let me know :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.