Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Vile: You're working on MVC3? Waah, really interesting, I'm sure it will help a lot of people, especially with the project marvel capcom vs ssbb. And you saw the xentax forum, this is the forum I watched for some things on Tales of Vesperia. But after that for having a model of Tales of vesperia that can work on brawl, or his animations, I suppose it is like dreaming... Oh, sorry, I digress, good luck Vile!


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Quote from: RandomTBush on April 15, 2011, 05:00:10 AM
*does a couple of flips in the air*

May I please beta test it when you've got it to save everything properly? I mean, I have worked with the MDL0 format before and made a couple of custom ones, so I'd like to see how it'd work out with my experiments.

Sure, of course :D

@Everyone:
Here's what I need to fix...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

and the string/mdl0 offsets
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wait
Does this mean that I'll be able to take a character who's in obj format and make them into a mdl0?

Cause if so, that'd be epic XD
I have an Ice Mage OC I'm working on now that would be fun in brawl :P

Someone, correct if I'm wrong, but was it not said before that obj models can't be converted to mdl0 because they don't use any bone? I may be wrong, maybe I didn't understood, but still I want to know... Because if I'm wrong (which I hope) there are some obj models that I'm sure will please some people here, and they will be probably numerous.


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Quote from: Psycho Philia on April 16, 2011, 12:20:58 AM
Someone, correct if I'm wrong, but was it not said before that obj models can't be converted to mdl0 because they don't use any bone? I may be wrong, maybe I didn't understood, but still I want to know... Because if I'm wrong (which I hope) there are some obj models that I'm sure will please some people here, and they will be probably numerous.

It'd take less than a few minutes to rig an obj model to a single bone and export it as dae.

I see that the answer is completely clear... But having a single bone means that you have to "import" a brawl bone structure to have animations... It's the counterpart if I understand well...


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Quote from: Psycho Philia on April 16, 2011, 12:31:15 AM
I see that the answer is completely clear... But having a single bone means that you have to "import" a brawl bone structure to have animations... It's the counterpart if I understand well...

Oh well if you want to use the obj as a character, then you have to rig the whole model.
You'd only need a single bone if you wanted to use it in a stage.

And 2 bones for a moving stage

*just complementing BJ96's post
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 16, 2011, 12:44:31 AM
Oh well if you want to use the obj as a character, then you have to rig the whole model.
You'd only need a single bone if you wanted to use it in a stage.

Cool
So this means I can export something that's a brawl model in obj format
Then Rig it with someone's bones from brawl.
And use the converter?

I suppose a tutorial would be good to be made for all the possibilities of this converter... Because honestly, I'm don't know anymore where to place my head... Anyway, each thing at its time!


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Though I love where this is heading I feel kinda sad as the current method of stage building will soon die.

Anyway, I'm also happy that I didn't started already making City Escape with stage builder blocks and 2D models since I have the models ripped from the game.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Ha ha. Yeah I suppose some people are nostalgic, but it is like all things, it evolves, it is great news for brawl hacking, but first it needs to be finished! :laugh:


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Quote from: Difegue on April 15, 2011, 04:45:10 PM
Can't wait for people to crack the MvC3 model format, meanwhile I'll take a jab at Kefka...
I thought it used the same model format as every other MT Framework game such as RE5, Lost Planet and Dead Rising 1.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on April 16, 2011, 08:33:47 AM
I thought it used the same model format as every other MT Framework game such as RE5, Lost Planet and Dead Rising 1.
The files were compressed (almost) the same way, but the 3D models themselves are a completely different format. You should ask Vile for details, tho

Quote from: Naruko on April 16, 2011, 12:58:36 AM
Though I love where this is heading I feel kinda sad as the current method of stage building will soon die.

Anyway, I'm also happy that I didn't started already making City Escape with stage builder blocks and 2D models since I have the models ripped from the game.

If things become too easy in terms of staging because of this, I suppose I will lose my interest in this... I mean, it won't be a challenge to me anymore, and anybody will be able to make great stages by just copy/pasting...
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial