Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 16, 2012, 04:28:16 PM
redownload v0.67b then try it
that worked lol dont know why but it worked xD i can touch bones again :)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 16, 2012, 06:13:54 PM
I'll have to mess around for compatibility with PSA more, I guess.

Anyway Fighter.pac parsing is going smoothly and I'm updating the regular moveset rebuilder too. Item movesets are easy too.

Heck, even RELs are starting to become easy to understand (for me)

I have hit a minor wall with REFF though, still trying to figure out how to parse the animations.

...tristripper has gone nowhere though LOL
REL is easy now how it's build xD
and I understand more and more of PPC! it's just make it to be read as asm that hard :/

and REFF <3 can help you parsh the animation if you want some kind of help!

awesome progress 83



... why isn't any CHR0 importer to 3ds max while it is CHR0 exporter :srs: lol
Stupid Tinypic :C

Worked for you maybe... I'm still suffering T_T

smash attacks suck D:
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Peke~ on August 16, 2012, 06:49:23 PM
and REFF <3 can help you parsh the animation if you want some kind of help!

maybe :O

Quote from: Kagemaru on August 16, 2012, 06:53:57 PM
smash attacks suck D:

Correction: the moveset format sucks

August 16, 2012, 07:10:20 PM #12259 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:11:32 PM by Sky Grounder
Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 16, 2012, 06:21:26 PM
Speaking of you and updates, those values you were saying in STPM that were supposedly ints were actually 4 bytes. I'm not sure if they're RGBA colors or what but sometimes some values are float, and other times they're 4 bytes in the same spot. Not sure what controls that or if it's just a coincidence that sometimes the 4 bytes appear as a readable float lol
Seriously? o_O
I know that they sometimes are just zeros, but that... I didn't know. I dunno why, maybe it's controlled by the stage's module, or some of the bytes are flags... :>.>:

If you could display them as bytes in BB, I will map them out (what values on which stage, etc.)
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 16, 2012, 06:55:38 PM
maybe :O
if you need help with it and test it, just call me!
who are you gonna call? Ghostbuster! pikamaxi!
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: Sky Grounder on August 16, 2012, 06:16:11 PM
These updates fills everyone's hearts with joy :happy:
Fixed.

But in all seriousness, I kinda want to understand these variables and coding stuff that you do. But I'm an extreme novice coder and don't know much.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

August 16, 2012, 08:25:22 PM #12262 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:26:19 PM by Mariodk
i also got a bug report
then i started to PSA Gotenks(from a 100% unedited Fitlucas.pac) in brawlbox v0,67b
after i have edited>Saved>tested ingame afew times (like 3 times i edit>save>test ingame) the fitlucas.pac freeze the game if select lucas in CSS or sometimes select stage and i have to redo the Fitlucas.pac (also why i now have PSAed most of Gotenks PSA the old way now) and only thing i have edited is Hitboxes/timers on hitboxes for gotenks“s animations

also i have a other bug to report i have PMed you before but this is just a reminder for you to fix it
in V0,67b
then there is a animation or select a bone(in model preview) with like a Translation/scale Z/Y/X: 1,01 the translations/scale becomes from 1,01 to 101
it removes that "," all time
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

if I may correct you BJ :3

Logical formatting/programming in general sucks:
-Logic (what you call movesets)
-scripts (REL/AI)
-etc.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

August 16, 2012, 10:09:49 PM #12264 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:12:05 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Mariodk on August 16, 2012, 08:25:22 PM
also i have a other bug to report i have PMed you before but this is just a reminder for you to fix it
in V0,67b
then there is a animation or select a bone(in model preview) with like a Translation/scale Z/Y/X: 1,01 the translations/scale becomes from 1,01 to 101
it removes that "," all time

redownload v0.67b then try it again

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 16, 2012, 07:15:32 PM
Fixed.

But in all seriousness, I kinda want to understand these variables and coding stuff that you do. But I'm an extreme novice coder and don't know much.

I'll probably have to explain PPC in a noob-like fashion anyway at some point.
All PPC tutorials on the internet already expect you to know how to handle bits and offsets and have coding experience, etc





btw, I want to finish something in BB today.
I'm feeling productive (just got back from my first driving lesson)
How about Fighter.pac parsing & rebuilding? :O

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 16, 2012, 10:09:49 PM
redownload v0.67b then try it again

I'll probably have to explain PPC in a noob-like fashion anyway at some point.
All PPC tutorials on the internet already expect you to know how to handle bits and offsets and have coding experience, etc





btw, I want to finish something in BB today.
I'm feeling productive (just got back from my first driving lesson)
How about Fighter.pac parsing & rebuilding? :O
make it REFF and ill die a happy man :af2:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: SomeKindOfMetroid on August 16, 2012, 04:34:34 AM
I had half a post typed out about how to try to force Windows to let you choose it, but you know what, forget it.

Download File Types Manager. Open it up, let it load all the file types, then go find the BrawlBox file types you want. Click one, and then the box at the bottom of the window will show which program opens it (or, in your case, it might be blank).

Right click in that space and select 'New Action' (or edit the existing one if it isn't blank). Type 'open' (no quotes) in for both 'Action Name' and 'Menu Caption.' In the 'Command-Line:' space, enter the following:


"PATH TO YOUR BRAWLBOX.EXE" "%1"

Put the file path to your version of BrawlBox in the first set of quotes, including the filename at the end. It also has the options to Browse for the file and select from running programs, which I've never used but should work fine.

@your edit: Um, that's weird. I think you must be doing something wrong, but just follow the method above and it won't matter.


thanks man that worked like a charm
i used the browse option btw
thanks again now i can open up my pcs and pac files without having to open brawlbox and search for them  first !

Quote from: DSX8 on August 16, 2012, 10:17:09 PM
make it REFF and ill die a happy man :af2:

I shall contact mah boi pikazz for assistamente [/spanglish]

How about fixing the psa in brawlbox 0.67 B so that it reads the bone ID's properly ._.
pretty please ...?

Until that is fixed I'm using PSA for my fitCharacter.pac editing thankyou.
I waited a long time for psa + brawlbox, and that is my only issue with it.

I redownloaded it and I still get KenC when I put in the bone ID for the left Have Bone ._.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 16, 2012, 10:09:49 PM
(just got back from my first driving lesson)
I can't start driving before I'm 18 in my country :srs:

And yes to Fighter.pac :P
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus