Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 09, 2013, 04:53:31 AM #13905 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:55:10 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Ultraxwing on April 09, 2013, 04:43:07 AM
what your doing

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 09, 2013, 04:39:48 AM
you're*

Quote from: DarkPika on April 09, 2013, 04:49:56 AM
@BJ:
you're right. :(
I'm sorry I threw that out there like that...
I didn't mean to say something that would be taken exactly like that,
but I didn't know what else to say.

sorry again X(

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 09, 2013, 04:39:48 AM
it's O.K., just remember

you're*

This is gonna become a thing, isn't it.

April 09, 2013, 04:55:26 AM #13906 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:56:34 AM by Ultraxwing
Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 09, 2013, 04:47:07 AM
Planning on v0.69, the module format is all figured out and it's pretty easy, aside from reading the objects.

I definitely cannot wait for 0.69; and of course all the newer featres you've included inside 0.68


Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 09, 2013, 04:53:31 AM
This is gonna become a thing, isn't it.


I are did it's on Purpose; cause your amazing


Quote from: DarkPika on April 09, 2013, 04:49:56 AM
I just facepalmed so hard >_<
(in a good way)

thank you.

I don't mind telling people in a nice way as to how they act and what not; everyone deserves on fair warning, i wish i knew a person on the other forum boards who weren't utter trolls who browsed a forbidden board. and i hope you will better yourself.

What is this Thread? A miserable little pile of Arguments. But enough talk... Await for Brawlbox!
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 09, 2013, 04:47:07 AM
Planning on v0.69, the module format is all figured out and it's pretty easy, aside from reading the objects.
will .rel editing not be part of that new PSA program?
since .rels editing will also be used to make PSAs as soon it is possible for add articles and make custom onces
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Mariodk on April 09, 2013, 06:53:12 AM
will .rel editing not be part of that new PSA program?
since .rels editing will also be used to make PSAs as soon it is possible for add articles and make custom onces
and what about stages? or the ones in charge of the menus? :P

or modding the mail.dol to add slots without codes (making the dol point to other slots that we add)

rels are used for everything, so im guessing ikarus will also edit .rels in the future, but that doesnt mean brawlbox shouldnt be able to do it. :P

I guess in 1 or 2 years im not sure if mugen or ssbb :P
can´t wait for the newest brawlbox and i can´t wait for all the nice projects that can be created with the rel thing. But it is a long ward way.
I think the new ssb game will come out before lol *joke*

seeing how far brawl modding has come, i wouldnt be surprised by people coming back here after maybe a year or so of ssb4's release

Quote from: joke king on April 09, 2013, 01:07:49 PM
seeing how far brawl modding has come, i wouldnt be surprised by people coming back here after maybe a year or so of ssb4's release
it is like Super Mario World hack! even if it is old, it is still very popular to hack
Stupid Tinypic :C

oh you are right!
and that things are possible because of the amazing BJ (THE SSBB GODFATHER)

「Melee hacking, while far less popular, is still around and about I think. And that's a game from mother[censored] 2001. The only reason it ain't so popular is because Brawl is far more versatile in terms of modding. I'm sure well after Super Smash Bros 4: Kerfuffle is out, people will still be playing and looking for ways to 'improve' Brawl. That is, unless Kerfuffle's modding is somehow more convenient, but I'd doubt that.」

Anyways, one question here. I'm not very experienced in mods beyond some basic texture hacking, music editing, and some coding, so I'm not sure how sound this question is. But will BB ever reach the point where most things will become streamlined? Namely model vertex edits and imports on characters and stages, all in a single program, rather than having to convert and edit it in 2-3+ programs.

I've always wanted to get more into modding, I just lack the tools and resources.

i haven't needed to give out a single cent, and although i do have some ARRGH stuff, it's perfectly doable being legal and for free, since both 3ds max and maya have student versions i think, and gimp is a good free alt for photoshop.
and not even the proffesional people do all the work for a game in one single program
inb4tcllaboutblender.

Quote from: Rufure on April 09, 2013, 11:19:53 PM
Anyways, one question here. I'm not very experienced in mods beyond some basic texture hacking, music editing, and some coding, so I'm not sure how sound this question is. But will BB ever reach the point where most things will become streamlined? Namely model vertex edits and imports on characters and stages, all in a single program, rather than having to convert and edit it in 2-3+ programs.

I've always wanted to get more into modding, I just lack the tools and resources.


Nobody uses one program for everything.
Why in the world would I remake a modeling program in Brawlbox when you have a seperate modeling program specifically made to do that? lol

So the answer is no. As always.

Quote from: pikazz on April 09, 2013, 02:01:19 PM
it is like Super Mario World hack! even if it is old, it is still very popular to hack
Did you know I've had an account there forever?
But anyways,  what bugs are left right now?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 09, 2013, 11:38:44 PM
So the answer is no. As always.

For some reason, I'm beginning to detect a pattern in the answers.
Anyways, thank you kindly for the response, was just wondering how far and to where this program is going.

Quote from: joke king on April 09, 2013, 11:36:11 PM
i haven't needed to give out a single cent, and although i do have some ARRGH stuff, it's perfectly doable being legal and for free, since both 3ds max and maya have student versions i think, and gimp is a good free alt for photoshop.
and not even the proffesional people do all the work for a game in one single program
inb4tcllaboutblender.

Blender... Yeah, not my best experience there. Anyways, any threads on the kc-forums(or elsewhere) that give some guidance to the programs? I've already got Photoshop, but the trial on my 3DSm expired. Not sure how the whole 'student version' works.
I'd like to try my hand at making at least one decent hack before Kerfuffle comes out.

I predict that after SSB4 is released and a method to decompress the game's files is obtained, most of BlackJax96's reverse engineering work will hold water. Considering Nintendo's bad habit of only slightly altering their file formats, we might even be able to just insert the new assets into SSBB and forget about SSB4 altogether.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.