Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 931 932 933 [934] 935 936 937 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3861178 times)
Kabutomaru
Mega Kitten

I had nothing to begin and nothing to end with.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13995 on: April 19, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »

This will be amazing, BlackJax96. Happy Face

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13996 on: April 19, 2013, 10:51:52 PM »

all I know is that a lot of people are waiting for v0.68 to make movesets...
    movesets

not impressed  Movesets?! My dear boy, movesets are the least of the new powers we will have available in 0.68! 

Now available in blue.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13997 on: April 19, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »

not impressed  Movesets?! My dear boy, movesets are the least of the new powers we will have available in 0.68! 
    I know, but out of the few posts I've read that talked about waiting for 0.68, it was for movesets, or for the tristripper. Im srs here Personally I'd love to see material edits work in the preview mode, and I like the idea of being to take pictures, and have custom backgrounds. So many CSP makers will be happier when they can do that. Cheesy

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13998 on: April 19, 2013, 11:19:49 PM »

You are incredibly misinformed lol
    There's absolutely nothing new for movesets and there is no tristripper in v0.68.
    And everyone is waiting for materials/shaders to show up in the viewer; join the club. I'm working on it.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13999 on: April 20, 2013, 01:14:21 AM »

You are incredibly misinformed lol
    There's absolutely nothing new for movesets and there is no tristripper in v0.68.
    And everyone is waiting for materials/shaders to show up in the viewer; join the club. I'm working on it.
    i am waiting for brawlbox to finish some of my movesets cuz of fixed copy/paste subroutine code
    but the other stuff i am waiting for aswell like brsar editing/show materials and shaders in brawlbox

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14000 on: April 20, 2013, 08:15:49 AM »

The error thats thrown comes directly from the audio library. It doesnt support more than 2 channels. I need to create multiple audio buffers and code in a button to switch between them while theyre all playing.

Don't all of Brawl's .brstm files have only "2" channels?  I've only seen .brstm files with over "2" channels from the Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. Wii ISOs; their names stat with "STRM".

Ulala
    Expert Kitten

Wii Fit TRAINER is a HEALTHNUT

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14001 on: April 20, 2013, 10:27:17 AM »

Apparently nobody has answered BJ's question...
    lol

anyone want a stream later today?

You can watch me work on finishing the weighting stuff.

btw, livestream or join me

I honestly don't know which to pick, but I'd just like something that doesn't lag my computer...

You and I can be poor, but neither of us can be cheap.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

« Reply #14002 on: April 20, 2013, 12:30:35 PM »

Don't all of Brawl's .brstm files have only "2" channels?  I've only seen .brstm files with over "2" channels from the Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. Wii ISOs; their names stat with "STRM".
    yes ALL of brawl's brstms are stereo (2 channel), the games i know that are multi are in
    mariokart wii
    Wii Sports Resort

brawlbox can open all the NSMB brstms, the lowercase strm prefix can throw one off the multi's are in caps
    like STRM_N_WATER_F.brstm  which is an EIGHT channel, and is the only brstm type that not even winamp can play :/

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14003 on: April 20, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »

yes ALL of brawl's brstms are stereo (2 channel), the games i know that are multi are in
    mariokart wii
    Wii Sports Resort

brawlbox can open all the NSMB brstms, the lowercase strm prefix can throw one off the multi's are in caps
    like STRM_N_WATER_F.brstm  which is an EIGHT channel, and is the only brstm type that not even winamp can play :/
    heh... interesting...

makes me wonder if there is such a thing as 12 or even 16 channel brstms >_>

tough I doubt developers would support that kindof quality because the least you need is 8 channels for good HQ surround sound Tongue

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

« Reply #14004 on: April 20, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »

heh... interesting...

makes me wonder if there is such a thing as 12 or even 16 channel brstms >_>

tough I doubt developers would support that kindof quality because the least you need is 8 channels for good HQ surround sound Tongue
    well erm
    multichannels isnt used for surround sound music, its in the brsar that the surround sound panning of voices lie..
    the multichannel is only there so that the game doesnt have to stop and load another version of a song or add a track to it when the music is supposed to seamlessly phase to another one

in MKW this is obvious in dry dry ruins how its the song playing.... then in the caves, its just "humming" of the song.. the humming are on channels 3(L) and 4 (R)

and the main song is on channels 1(L) and 2(R)

currently, volume butchering is an issue with me making these multichannels because of how ASS is it to layer them then use the crappy cmd to build them.. but i've learned alot from fidling with MKW modding   

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #14005 on: April 20, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »

I'm still hyped for animation shortcuts lol ¦3  That's all I'll need.

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14006 on: April 21, 2013, 06:59:16 AM »

well erm
    multichannels isnt used for surround sound music, its in the brsar that the surround sound panning of voices lie..
    the multichannel is only there so that the game doesnt have to stop and load another version of a song or add a track to it when the music is supposed to seamlessly phase to another one

in MKW this is obvious in dry dry ruins how its the song playing.... then in the caves, its just "humming" of the song.. the humming are on channels 3(L) and 4 (R)

currently, volume butchering is an issue with me making these multichannels because of how ASS is it to layer them then use the crappy cmd to build them.. but i've learned alot from fidling with MKW modding  
    So THAT'S how the developers make seamless transitions in soundtracks :O

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14007 on: April 21, 2013, 08:27:31 AM »

well erm

lol I was thinking of WAV files Tongue

but yea, that makes sense too XD

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14008 on: April 21, 2013, 10:00:10 AM »

So THAT'S how the developers make seamless transitions in soundtracks :O

Yup.  Likewise, in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, portions of the multi-channel .brstm files are for the Yoshi drums.  When Mario is riding on Yoshi, the drum beat channels will be triggered, but they'll be disabled when Mario jumps off Yoshi.  However, the drum beats are only used for the Overworld, Underground, Desert Overworld, Snow Overworld, Beach, and Bonus BGM files.

In a similar manner, during the second phase of the Bowser battle, additional music channels will be triggered halfway through the chase.
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:02:03 AM by mnsg » Logged

TYC02
    Expert Kitten

NYAN CAT :3

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14009 on: April 21, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »

Yup.  Likewise, in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, portions of the multi-channel .brstm files are for the Yoshi drums.  When Mario is riding on Yoshi, the drum beat channels will be triggered, but they'll be disabled when Mario jumps off Yoshi.  However, the drum beats are only used for the Overworld, Underground, Desert Overworld, Snow Overworld, Beach, and Bonus BGM files.

In a similar manner, during the second phase of the Bowser battle, additional music channels will be triggered halfway through the chase.

I didn't know that game used multichannels. I thought mkw was the only game.

Pages:  1 ... 931 932 933 [934] 935 936 937 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: