Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Segtendo on July 17, 2013, 05:34:10 PM
Tcll. I feel like you're trying to be BlackJax here...
lol I'm not...
I just hate obvious occurrences... heh
(well... obvious to me anyways)

@BJ: read his post again...
brbx is messing up the size of the graphics in game

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on July 17, 2013, 05:38:07 PM
@BJ: read his post again...
brbx is messing up the size of the graphics in game

Read my post again.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 17, 2013, 05:17:34 PM
I'm trying to pinpoint the problem here.

Quote from: Shun_One on July 17, 2013, 05:37:03 PM
Yep, BrawlBox stays the same. Last HUD I made I over-came the problem by just over-sizing the boxes so they appeared normal in game.

Here's the file if it helps at all.
info.pac

EDIT: This might be important, but my laptop is too old to properly display OpenTK stuffs. Don't know if that'd effect it or not.

I can't seem to find the problem right away. I'll tell you if I figure it out and fix it.

Is it true that BRFNT files are just TPL containers? If so, then it would be relatively simple to add support for them in future versions. Consider it lowest possible priority, because nobody edits BRFNT files lol.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

I have no idea lol but ok I have been planning to add support for it.

Ah, k cool. Also btw, some sounds in the RBNKs of the Wii System menu's IplSound.brsar sound archive are corrupted:
S @ 0x3C0C: Audio[5][9][10]
GROUP/STATIC @ 0x3DAC: Audio[0][1][2][3][4][5] (All of them)
Oddly, the rest of the sounds in that S RBNK are unaffected, which is nice(?).
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

That's cuz they're in PCM format, which Brawlbox can't read yet. The majority of sounds are in ADPCM, which BB supports.

Which is ironic, because PCM is uncompressed (making it easier to read), while ADPCM isn't. I just haven't gotten around to it yet :P

Oh awesome, that's a way easier problem than I thought it'd be lol.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

July 17, 2013, 07:29:32 PM #14947 Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:32:46 PM by Nanobuds
For some reason I'm getting crashes with 0.68d when trying to export a model. It crashes as soon as I hit "export"

EDIT: Okay, it must be my computer. For some reason whenever I try to access any file browsing menu, BB crashes. I just tried with .68c and .68b, which worked just fine when I used them.

What versions of 3ds are confirmed to import successfully to BrawlBox? I tried making BRRESes several times and they crashed in-game each time when I tried to run them in MKWii.

Quote from: Nanobuds on July 17, 2013, 07:29:32 PM
For some reason I'm getting crashes with 0.68d when trying to export a model. It crashes as soon as I hit "export"

EDIT: Okay, it must be my computer. For some reason whenever I try to access any file browsing menu, BB crashes. I just tried with .68c and .68b, which worked just fine when I used them.

When you updated to the newest BB, did you dump the ZIP file into the same folder as the previous version and hit "replace all?"

BB tends to break horribly if you do that.


Quote from: Spex130 on July 17, 2013, 11:00:51 PM
When you updated to the newest BB, did you dump the ZIP file into the same folder as the previous version and hit "replace all?"

BB tends to break horribly if you do that.
interesting O.o
I've never had that happen, but I'll look out for it...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I make folders for the different versions.
Like, I have a folder for 0.68, then I have ones for .68b, c, so on...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on July 17, 2013, 11:08:31 PM
I make folders for the different versions.
Like, I have a folder for 0.68, then I have ones for .68b, c, so on...
heh ur not the only 1 that does that :3
[spoiler]
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Wow, so organised... I'm the complete opposite. I dump all my Wii/Gamecube-related programs in one big folder, rename conflicts and hope it works out.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

lol yes I do it too, but I only have like 3 versions :P

current: BB068D

when I say I just unpack to the existing folder and replace the current,
that's just for the revisions of that version...

OT:
so that's what win8 looks like :3
(havn't G-searched or anything cause I havn't been interested)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.