Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

If you're planning movesets, wait until you've figured out how the game's fighting engine will be like.
Just pointing out the obvious .-.

Oh, and happy 1000 pages, and good luck with your project :D
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

July 19, 2013, 02:58:57 PM #15001 Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:06:13 PM by Eternal Yoshi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


?

Tried to test the rigging by playing an animation. Note that this version of the model was imported through an earlier Brawlbox (0.65c I think). Model has custom boneset that was arranged in 3ds max long ago.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: I haven't a clue why this happened so I just reimported it using 0.68d.

Quote from: Carnage on July 19, 2013, 09:26:53 AM
happy 1000 pages bj and thanks for all your programes brawl hacking would have not been so amazing  if you werent here.

No problem :)
Btw Y U DO DIS 15,000th POST CARNAGE

Quote from: AdfroMan on July 19, 2013, 09:58:39 AM
I'd love to help since I plan on pursuing a career in games, this should be a good start.

Yay! What do you think your region of work will be for the game? Are you a modeler, programmer, etc

Quote from: KnightMario on July 19, 2013, 11:59:21 AM
1000 pages, 15000 posts, see how awesome you are?
Even if someone else starts developing this, it won't be the same :/

Lol I can't stick around forever. Stopping development on Brawlbox will be hard for me too.

Quote from: DarkPika on July 19, 2013, 12:22:41 PM
this post gets the official reward for being the 15000'th post :3

I would like to help out where I can,
but I currently don't have a sufficient means of doing so... :(
so that "where I can" part is kindof already bamfed out by other members... heh

sorry BJ...
I'm not good enough yet for this one...
I still need to grow up a little bit more... :P

Post Merge: July 19, 2013, 12:29:39 PM
I feel it better to do things this way as well :)

I mean shoot, if Riku doesn't say enough about the game I'm building (currently designing) my own game system for... :P

I'm glad you're being honest with yourself :)
Just let me know you change your mind at any time.

Quote from: Sky Grounder on July 19, 2013, 02:24:01 PM
If you're planning movesets, wait until you've figured out how the game's fighting engine will be like.
Just pointing out the obvious .-.

Oh, and happy 1000 pages, and good luck with your project :D

Of course. I almost have all the gameplay plans complete. Then we can start on designing characters, movesets and stages.

Thanks :)

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 19, 2013, 02:58:57 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


?

Tried to test the rigging by playing an animation. Note that this version of the model was imported through an earlier Brawlbox (0.65c I think). Model has custom boneset that was arranged in 3ds max long ago.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: I haven't a clue why this happened so I just reimported it using 0.68d.

Well Brawlbox inverts the influence matrix to get the inverse influence matrix, and a matrix can't be inverted if its determinant is 0, usually (only?) when it's a Zero Matrix.

I suppose instead of letting that throw an error, I should catch it and return an Identity Matrix, huh. :P

Happy 1000+ pages, Blowjay :af:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Young Lad on July 19, 2013, 04:42:21 PM
Well Brawlbox inverts the influence matrix to get the inverse influence matrix, and a matrix can't be inverted if its determinant is 0, usually (only?) when it's a Zero Matrix.

I suppose instead of letting that throw an error, I should catch it and return an Identity Matrix, huh. :P


Oh yeah. I was about to say that. Pretty simple stuff.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 19, 2013, 04:42:21 PM
No problem :)
Btw Y U DO DIS 15,000th POST CARNAGE

Yay! What do you think your region of work will be for the game? Are you a modeler, programmer, etc

Lol I can't stick around forever. Stopping development on Brawlbox will be hard for me too.

I'm glad you're being honest with yourself :)
Just let me know you change your mind at any time.

Of course. I almost have all the gameplay plans complete. Then we can start on designing characters, movesets and stages.

Thanks :)

Well Brawlbox inverts the influence matrix to get the inverse influence matrix, and a matrix can't be inverted if its determinant is 0, usually (only?) when it's a Zero Matrix.

I suppose instead of letting that throw an error, I should catch it and return an Identity Matrix, huh. :P

1 person likes this post.

and will do ;)
once I can get myself fully online and ready to develop ;D
(I mean just online... I'm already ready to develope) :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 19, 2013, 04:42:21 PM


Well Brawlbox inverts the influence matrix to get the inverse influence matrix, and a matrix can't be inverted if its determinant is 0, usually (only?) when it's a Zero Matrix.

I suppose instead of letting that throw an error, I should catch it and return an Identity Matrix, huh. :P

Why does that make sense to me?...
It should only be when it's a zero matrix, no reason for anything else not to.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Happy 1000+ pages, still remember when BrawlBox's model preview could only edit animations by typing in the numbers, and show off the model. You've made this program become close to the likes of LunarMagic for Super Mario World. Keep it up. ;D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

hey BJ!
I've got something to give you for helping me out earlier ;D
it's small though, so I still need to do something more... :)

anyways, I'll release it on my thread if anyone else wants it ;)

ever had a slew of obfusticated files containing a string you're looking for but don't want to spend hours looking through every file??
with this, you just place it in the directory of the files, run it, and type the string you're looking for. :)

it DOES NOT do:
- sub-directories
- case mis-match ( typing "This" will not find "this" )

if anyone else wants, it'll be in my thread.

BJ
this goes to you ;)
thanx again for the help

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 19, 2013, 04:42:21 PM
Yay! What do you think your region of work will be for the game? Are you a modeler, programmer, etc?
I can model and rig. I can code a bit aswell but nothing near your level.

Why do you do everything game related i do smf1...

BJ, do you think you'll ever get brawlbox to version 1.00?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on July 21, 2013, 03:29:33 AM
BJ, do you think you'll ever get brawlbox to version 1.00?

Nah. I'm thinking v0.70 will be my final revision release.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 19, 2013, 09:18:06 PM
Happy 1000+ pages, still remember when BrawlBox's model preview could only edit animations by typing in the numbers, and show off the model. You've made this program become close to the likes of LunarMagic for Super Mario World. Keep it up. ;D

Thanks :)

Quote from: DarkPika on July 19, 2013, 10:36:38 PM
hey BJ!
I've got something to give you for helping me out earlier ;D
it's small though, so I still need to do something more... :)

anyways, I'll release it on my thread if anyone else wants it ;)

ever had a slew of obfusticated files containing a string you're looking for but don't want to spend hours looking through every file??
with this, you just place it in the directory of the files, run it, and type the string you're looking for. :)

it DOES NOT do:
- sub-directories
- case mis-match ( typing "This" will not find "this" )

if anyone else wants, it'll be in my thread.

BJ
this goes to you ;)
thanx again for the help

Alright.
No problem!

Any number less than v1.00 is considered unfinished beta releases, on or over than that is considered the first official non-beta release and have almost all bugfixes included, around 2.0 for new features and feature-related bugfixes, and compatibility between extra and core features, 3.0 for moar features/bugfixes, orgasms if over v8/v9 (v0.8/v0.9) XD

Though, it doesn't matter lol.

yeah if 0.7 is the final just call it v 1.0 and everyone is happy xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 23, 2013, 10:48:38 PM #15014 Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:51:24 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: Fox on July 23, 2013, 09:28:15 PM
Any number less than v1.00 is considered unfinished beta releases, on or over than that is considered the first official non-beta release and have almost all bugfixes included, around 2.0 for new features and feature-related bugfixes, and compatibility between extra and core features, 3.0 for moar features/bugfixes, orgasms if over v8/v9 (v0.8/v0.9) XD

Though, it doesn't matter lol.
huh...
interesting :/

yes, I didn't know that...
screw da rules

too bad you're stopping BJ
but I understand... -.-*

I'm not stahping >:3

I wonder if I'm the longest programmer who's been a hacker >.>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.