Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

As if there aren't enough people signing up for your upcoming A+ fighter game, I guess I could do some rigging. I can model a little bit but I just started a month ago or so. You can hit me on skype or steam. Send me a PM if you're interested :P

hey BJ ;D
if I get my mathmatic model system (models based off equations instead of polygons) working,
would you use it for your game??
(as an update of course)

meaning you'll be able to render extremely HQ (close to realistic) models from a very small amount of computations.
(screw polygons)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Yo, Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I can't figure out how to nullify the shaders on an object. I remember doing this before on an older version of brawlbox, but it seems you changed a few things around since the last time I used it.

I want to make something look like its glowing btw.

I have a request :P
in Skyward Sword, there are some musics that mix multiple audio streams.
(instead of just playing stream1 or stream2)

can you add that plox :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on July 26, 2013, 12:34:26 PM
hey BJ ;D
if I get my mathmatic model system (models based off equations instead of polygons) working,
would you use it for your game??
(as an update of course)

meaning you'll be able to render extremely HQ (close to realistic) models from a very small amount of computations.
(screw polygons)

i dunno

Quote from: DemonBoy on July 26, 2013, 01:09:39 PM
Yo, Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I can't figure out how to nullify the shaders on an object. I remember doing this before on an older version of brawlbox, but it seems you changed a few things around since the last time I used it.

I want to make something look like its glowing btw.

This will make it appear to glow:
Material Properties->LightChannel1->Color->Enabled: False

Quote from: DarkPika on July 26, 2013, 04:09:09 PM
I have a request :P
in Skyward Sword, there are some musics that mix multiple audio streams.
(instead of just playing stream1 or stream2)

can you add that plox :)

We already went over this with MKWii
I'll add it later.

July 26, 2013, 04:31:08 PM #15035 Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:35:57 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: Young Lad on July 26, 2013, 04:15:40 PM
i dunno
lol alright :P

QuoteWe already went over this with MKWii
I'll add it later.
oh alright...
I wasn't around then so I didn't know. :P

Post Merge: July 27, 2013, 09:35:57 PM

/hopes this merges

hey BJ...
I'm trying to figure out how to transform the normals now, and the part I'm stuck on is (in Brbx) "LoadIndexB"
I keep getting in indexing error because of 1024/12 (XF_Address/12)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hello everyone, i have one simple question about BrawlBox.

I have some object on a model than i want to be visible in only a few animation with the vis0.

If i set the object "invisible" in BrawlBox, in the object data, then if i enable the object only for the animation i want with the vis0, does the object will remain invisible until the vis0 enable the object or do i need to add a vis0 for each animation?

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

u'd have to make a vis0 for every single animation pal just to get what u need
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

July 30, 2013, 10:33:25 PM #15038 Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:40:34 PM by Novarek
Quote from: DSX8-sama on July 30, 2013, 10:10:40 PM
u'd have to make a vis0 for every single animation pal just to get what u need

Ok, lot of boring work ahead  :af2: ! Lol.

Let's go !

Quote from: Nanobuds on June 27, 2013, 12:04:11 AM
Whats the difference between OpaMaterial and XluMaterial?

I made a semi-transparent material, but it only appears under XluMaterials, while the others appear under OpaMaterial.

When I choose the Xlu material, I can't deselect the Opa Material that the original object used, causing a crash when I save.

Oh yes, i have almost forgot, i have this issues myself, i cannot deselect the OpaMaterial for my semi-transparent material in the XluMaterial, but BrawlBox doesn't crash in my side.

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Not sure if this been told already, the thread is really too long to check. I've noticed the importer forcing the color nodes to 100 instead of 128 in the last release (#646464 instead of #808080), so people that don't know enough about this are getting their imports in a darker scheme. If this isn't intentional, it would be cool if you reverted it to 128.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

the reason y he has it set to 100 is cause of the character imports being too bright, and so he made it affect stages.. wouldve been nice if it wasnt set to 100 for stages tho, so that i wouldnt have to go into it and make it 128.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Why not just suggest I put a setting for the default color to the import settings window, and then add an option to save default settings?

That would be much more productive, that is what I will do.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 31, 2013, 06:33:17 PM
Why not just suggest I put a setting for the default color to the import settings window, and then add an option to save default settings?

That would be much more productive, that is what I will do.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Everything else on the poll is progressing well too but I can't really show raw code as previews

unless you really want that

Quote from: Gamma on July 31, 2013, 06:36:13 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


smart man