Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 31, 2013, 11:53:05 PMHere's the only proof of progress:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


My code is super short and doesn't work because my algorithm is dumb.
.-.
I thought I fixed this in v0.68d.
You need to use more Math, BJ.

Quote from: DarkPika on August 01, 2013, 04:10:14 PM
lol segtendo you don't get it XD
that was the first post I had made from a compy here in nearly 4 years.
(all that other time I had been using my wii or a phone)
That's nice, DarkPika.

Now let's not start derailing again. =3 =D =P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

August 01, 2013, 05:59:06 PM #15061 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:07:03 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on August 01, 2013, 05:49:24 PMThat's nice, DarkPika.
Now let's not start derailing again.
wasn't intending to...
the original statement was directed at BJ before segtendo derailed it :P

Quote=3 =D =P
you're doing it wrong

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 31, 2013, 10:53:07 PM
dafuq
I said that cuz I have no idea what is going on in that picture.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


i really hope i havn't gotten a bad rep. in this thread from my last suggestion for bb... but now that sfx hacking for gecko is now possible... got any plans to mess around with .bnk files? just wondering... cause as of right now editing .bnk files isn't possible... but would be nice if they were though... (really hope i don't frustrate you with suggestions) :/

Quote from: Legend of Jesse on August 03, 2013, 06:38:53 AM
i really hope i havn't gotten a bad rep. in this thread from my last suggestion for bb... but now that sfx hacking for gecko is now possible... got any plans to mess around with .bnk files? just wondering... cause as of right now editing .bnk files isn't possible... but would be nice if they were though... (really hope i don't frustrate you with suggestions) :/

They're just renamed brwsd files with a few extra values to help the geckp code load the file correctly.

Tell InternetExplorer to change his tool to load BRWSD, not bnk which doesn't exist, and then I'll do my part and add support for the extra values at the end.

Naming them .bnk files to fit his tool's name is causing way more confusion than it should. I wont support them if they dont use the right extension.

Quote from: Young Lad on August 03, 2013, 06:49:58 AM
They're just renamed brwsd files with a few extra values to help the geckp code load the file correctly.

Tell InternetExplorer to change his tool to load BRWSD, not bnk which doesn't exist, and then I'll do my part and add support for the extra values at the end.

Naming them .bnk files to fit his tool's name is causing way more confusion than it should. I wont support them if they dont use the right extension.

Posted in thread... hopefully something will go down ;D

August 03, 2013, 07:13:36 PM #15066 Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 07:15:08 PM by Mr.MW
if all u need is to change the extension name from bnk to brwsd i can easily do that...
but then again the code would be useless because no programs at the moment support brwsd,
i think.
but i can do it and am up for testing if IE is not intersted...

Quote from: Mr.MW on August 03, 2013, 07:13:36 PM
if all u need is to change the extension name from bnk to brwsd i can easily do that...
but then again the code would be useless because no programs at the moment support brwsd,
i think.
but i can do it and am up for testing...

no, that's not it
Quote from: Young Lad on August 03, 2013, 06:15:17 PM
I looked at a bnk file myself (I was originally relying on information provided by someone else) and it turns out that it's actually a GROUP of rwsd files.

Sawndz lists files by group (because groups are named nicely), and a bnk is just the group of files exported in order with a few extra values at the end. A better extension for it would be .grp, as there are already bank files with the extension .brbnk.

I'll add support for exporting groups of files from BB to .grp with the same values at the end. Then you can just rename it to .bnk to work with this code.

You can find groups in Brawlbox under snd/group.

Brawlbox supports BRWSD but it can't edit them correctly outside of the RSAR atm but I already fixed it for the next release.

kool
im hoping the groups section will be as easy to edit as the other sections are at the moment.

Excuse me, but how do i load a Moveset in BrawlBox 0.68d?
i just can't see any way to do so, even in the help window (thanks for that feature)
This tool has so many things i didn't know it would work for
What exactly does this thread do?

Quote from: ObskoreStreams on August 04, 2013, 12:15:19 PM
Excuse me, but how do i load a Moveset in BrawlBox 0.68d?
i just can't see any way to do so, even in the help window (thanks for that feature)
This tool has so many things i didn't know it would work for
moveset editing was taken out of BB 68c and 68d. use BB 68b for moveset editing. He's working on a new program called "Ikarus" for moveset editing.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

August 04, 2013, 12:42:31 PM #15071 Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:51:17 PM by ObskoreStreams
Quote from: DSX8-sama on August 04, 2013, 12:26:42 PM
moveset editing was taken out of BB 68c and 68d. use BB 68b for moveset editing. He's working on a new program called "Ikarus" for moveset editing.
Welp, what i wanted to do, was viewing the animations and their hitboxes, and save as gif :P
But thank you for the info, i'll redownload 68b ._.

[Edit:] Nevermind, i can't save to gif :I
What exactly does this thread do?

Quote from: ObskoreStreams on August 04, 2013, 12:42:31 PMWelp, what i wanted to do, was viewing the animations and their hitboxes, and save as gif :P But thank you for the info, i'll redownload 68b ._. [Edit:] Nevermind, i can't save to gif :I
if the gif exporter weren't so complex, I'd try to merge it and make a build :(
(it requires a seperate library, and I think a .net update)

I may not be any good at C#, but I can do simple merges and fixes...

BJ
could you lend me some info that could help me make this possible :)
I actually find that useful myself while you're working on Ikarus ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

You guys really like to miss the point. Let's try this post again, with less paragraphs.

Yeah so like, a GCT editor. Can load TXT files and only load GCTs that have been saved in BB with the checkbox in the top right checked. Can save to GCT or TXT.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Young Lad on August 08, 2013, 05:14:39 PM
You guys really like to miss the point. Let's try this post again, with less paragraphs.

Yeah so like, a GCT editor. Can load TXT files and only load GCTs that have been saved in BB with the checkbox in the top right checked. Can save to GCT or TXT.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Very nice. This will make the Ocarina Code Manager obsolete, right?