Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Sirkura on September 23, 2013, 06:48:08 AMRan Ran Ruu! jk i hate that clown >.> i don't like them Q~Q or spiders, or bugs, or... nvm  >.> thats a long list. xD
Now what does that have to do with anything? :v
Quote from: FitBrian01.pcs on September 23, 2013, 08:07:01 AM0.69 better support breast enhancement.
BrawlBox v0.69: The Kinky Tit Addition.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

September 23, 2013, 05:21:59 PM #15226 Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:40:39 PM by Sirkura
Quote from: TOSHINO KYOUKO on September 23, 2013, 03:52:57 AM
yay

^ If that image doesn't load, it's a conspiracy

mcdonald's scares me anyway


they're located up ur ass and around the corner





...
naw I'm just kidding

PMD models are for Miku Miku Dance. Google it.
You can probably find any MMD model in existence here even if they're paid, non redistributable or no longer distributed. But you didn't hear that from me

and yeah the PMD format was simple enough so I just supported importing that shnizzle and ran. PMX is a different story though

I tend to do that. I like to take any external programs used for Brawl modding and remake them even better in Brawlbox. :X

holy flipnoodles

Do you mean the most recent thing finished, or the last thing that will be put in it before my departure? Because I can't answer either question anyway. I have no idea.

lol BJ said mcdonald's scares him anyway.  oh btw is the new brawlbox going to support image resizing? i remember talking to you a bit about it before.

Quote from: Sirkura on September 23, 2013, 05:21:59 PM
lol BJ said mcdonald's scares him anyway.
Are you like 12, or something? :srs:

Quote from: Sirkura on September 23, 2013, 05:21:59 PMoh btw is the new brawlbox going to support image resizing? i remember talking to you a bit about it before.
Why? I don't see much of a point of him adding that feature, since one can just re-size their texture with an image editing program (Paint.NET, Photoshop, Gimp, etc).
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingSexyPuff on September 23, 2013, 05:47:55 PM
Are you like 12, or something? :srs:
Why? I don't see much of a point of him adding that feature, since one can just re-size their texture with an image editing program (Paint.NET, Photoshop, Gimp, etc).

Seriously don't insult me. was a stupid joke nothing more to say.

While its true you can resize an image in a paint program, its still a pain to go through resizing a lot at a time. Its not hard just tedious. It would make some people's jobs easier (like liberterny for instance with the stage expansions).  Being able to resize the image when importing it would save a lot of time, instead of having to open an image, resize, save, repeat for about 300+ pics.

Quote from: Sirkura on September 23, 2013, 08:36:39 PM
Seriously don't insult me. was a stupid joke nothing more to say.
I wasn't intending for that to be an insult.

Quote from: Sirkura on September 23, 2013, 08:36:39 PM
While its true you can resize an image in a paint program, its still a pain to go through resizing a lot at a time. Its not hard just tedious. It would make some people's jobs easier (like liberterny for instance with the stage expansions).  Being able to resize the image when importing it would save a lot of time, instead of having to open an image, resize, save, repeat for about 300+ pics.
That's a good point you have.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

September 24, 2013, 12:21:35 AM #15230 Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:23:02 AM by FitMr.MW01.pcs
texture resizing would be a dream come true for model importers and texturerz
but
if the "three-strippers" thinga majiga ever comes to be, it would not be too much of use.
You also have to consider that some textures cannot and should not be changed in size, for example stage icons, csp slot icons, etc. as they will break the game.  

by the way
im pretty sure u know Black Jax, pero deste RSBE has been updated to support .sawnd files.
.sawnd support in brawlbox?

Stage icons can be resized, and sometimes you need to to make sc_selmap small enough (they look like crap though.)

I've got some code in my programs for resizing images (mostly uses built-in .NET library stuff). Maybe I should look sometime to see if there's a natural place to implement it, so that it's both convenient and intuitive.

from experimenting i've found most CSS/SSS things can be made smaller to save size. anyway its athought i had and i've shared it previously somewhere, and BJ sounded like he took it into consideration.  whether it actually gets implemented or not is another story xD i'm justhappy with the changes made thus far.


I threw money on the screen donated some money to help the progress of Brawlbox

its not much because didnt have any more on my paypal so I hope it will help you :kdance:
Stupid Tinypic :C

I know this has nothing to do with anything, (not even the last topic... somewhat)
but for those who are concerned,
Picasa can resize (and crop) an image via the hot-link: ;D
s320
s100
s100-c

^all are the same exact image:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-NKmvyyYMDcI/TgcsDI-9N-I/AAAAAAAADPo/KGRYcDRlY-E/s640/al_110626_0756.bin.out.jpg
take note: .../s640/al_110626_0756.bin.out.jpg

@the topic this goes to:
I agree, brbx SHOULD have an easy resize feature ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I'd enjoy a resize feature. Maybe in the Advanced Image Converter window.

-

Can you add a brstm feature, where you can layer brstms up to 8 channels?




Quote from: DarkPika on September 26, 2013, 01:38:53 AM
I know this has nothing to do with anything, (not even the last topic... somewhat)
but for those who are concerned,
Picasa can resize (and crop) an image via the hot-link ;D
If people have enough skill to change the colours of a texture, then I'm sure they can push themselves to find the resize tool/s for the image editor they're using.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

September 26, 2013, 02:30:23 AM #15239 Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:33:13 AM by FitKageRyuMotionEtc
Quote from: TheNewTrend.MSBIN on September 26, 2013, 02:14:34 AM
If people have enough skill to change the colours of a texture, then I'm sure they can push themselves to find the resize tool/s for the image editor they're using.
It's a matter of convenience, not skill. If I accidentally export a texture from Photoshop as a 1024x1024 image instead of a 256x256 image because I'm working higher-res to make it look better, and don't realize it until I'm importing the texture, I could certainly go back to Photoshop and re-export it to a smaller size. But is it not faster and more convenient while importing the 1024 texture into Brawlbox and going, "Oh, forgot to shrink it. I'll just set it to import it as a 256x256 image."?

Not having a feature like that certainly isn't the end of the world. But it is more convenient, and I'm sure BlackJax can determine on his own whether it's worth the time to implement it or not.


Personally, I'm just hyped about the animation features. (:

(As well as the .PMD importing. .PMDs don't seem compatible with Maya and I haven't really found anything out there to convert them easily, so having that feature in BrawlBox would be pretty great.)