Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.


Quote from: Segtendo on October 21, 2013, 08:08:10 PMHe's on Smashboards as well. He wanted my name, but I already took it, so he took that name.
*Hopes no one takes that seriously.*

But yeah, similar names, I came to smash sites after. The End.

October 22, 2013, 06:08:26 AM #15377 Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:09:52 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: br3compactor on October 21, 2013, 10:13:30 PM
A volume button would be really useful for the Brstm previewer if possible...

It is kinda annoying to reduce the volume on windows everytime


Seconded. :P


Speaking of BRSTM files, what was the name of the game file that displays all the song names again (not in the menu but in the stages themselves)? I would love to change that in Brawl Box, but it's been so long.

Quote from: the_randomizer on October 22, 2013, 06:08:26 AM
Seconded. :P


Speaking of BRSTM files, what was the name of the game file that displays all the song names again (not in the menu but in the stages themselves)? I would love to change that in Brawl Box, but it's been so long.

If I remember correctly, that would be Info.pac
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


October 22, 2013, 03:14:07 PM #15379 Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:16:39 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: br3compactor on October 22, 2013, 08:42:21 AM
If I remember correctly, that would be Info.pac

That controls the titles for the songs in the sound test menu and when it displays it when loading a stage? All right, I'll check that out in Brawl Box!  The only file I see is info_en.pac, which sounds like the one that needs to be edited in BB.

And BTW, this version's pretty dang sweet! Loving the progress that's being made!

Could you add DAE export for animations? Most of us use 3ds Max and 3ds max doesn't import Maya .anim.

Well, DAE exporting is not not in progress.
I would link you to the source page but google code freezes on my phone. .-.


Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on October 22, 2013, 10:33:22 PM
been done
here
I actually couldn't get that converter to work with 3ds Max, only Maya, and it doesn't preserve the interpolation.

There are improvements that could be made.

Here's the my wip source, by the way. Scroll down to the bottom for animation stuff.
https://code.google.com/p/brawltools2/source/browse/trunk/BrawlLib/Modeling/Collada/Collada.cs

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 22, 2013, 10:53:29 PM
I actually couldn't get that converter to work with 3ds Max, only Maya, and it doesn't preserve the interpolation.

There are improvements that could be made.

Here's the my wip source, by the way. Scroll down to the bottom for animation stuff.
https://code.google.com/p/brawltools2/source/browse/trunk/BrawlLib/Modeling/Collada/Collada.cs
yea i had issues with it trying to do export packs of animations
but it worked fine only using the tool with one animatiion at the time,
ive also heard it doesnt work with some characters?
wouldnt know
i only tried it with Godzilla

Not gonna read through 1000 pages. What's with the new Clean function though? Even after removing like 30,000 redundant keyframes it causes no drops in file size.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

October 23, 2013, 02:20:28 AM #15386 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:22:53 AM by br3compactor
Quote from: Kienamaru on October 23, 2013, 01:27:44 AM
Not gonna read through 1000 pages. What's with the new Clean function though? Even after removing like 30,000 redundant keyframes it causes no drops in file size.

I don't think that amount of keyframes is so relevant in actual filesize. I could be wrong though.

But ain't the Clean function already somewhat old? I've used it on the previous version of Brawlbox.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Good news everynyan! Status update.

All of the reported bugs have been fixed for v0.69b (except for the ones mentioned in the to-do list below).

I updated the random to-do list on the OP:
Quote- Fix stereo sfx import
- Fix bone scale tool to work in world coords
- CLR0 append function
- Allow adding RSAR nodes
- Fix RSAR file replacing
- Multi channel brstm generation
- Support all PPC op codes
- REFF animation
- Change bone tools to work in local or world coords
- Rotate and scale vertex selections
- Anim Exporter/Importer
- DAE animation Exporter/Importer
These are just smaller tasks that I don't think would take a large amount of time and effort to add or fix.
Go ahead and tell me if you don't see something you were expecting in there, the list is entirely from my memory :P

These are the last two main goals I would like to achieve before I retire (also on the OP):
Quote- Rendering shaders in the model previewer
- Tristripper/Trifanner
These two things will probably take me a while to add, if I even can.



I would also like to thank anybody who has donated any amount of money ever since I put up the button. You guys are awesome. All the rest of you are super uncool! Just kidding.


I didn't have much time, so I'm just giving it a shot BJ. I still don't have much time, but in the short time I managed to play with it I noticed the loop animation checkbox doesn't stay checked when you switch animations.