Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 72 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 26, 2010, 07:32:42 PM
There was no question mark :P
I was telling you that converting to 32 bits isn't possible the way I'm converting it. I have to change it

I see...

I'm on niquil right now and it sux... XP

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

If I may ask, how far are you with this converter?

December 26, 2010, 09:52:53 PM #167 Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:28:06 PM by BlackJax96
I've accomplished reading the vertices from the dae file and converting them to hex values for the mdl0:


Converted the String value '-2.07217' to 6F9E4C0.
Converted the String value '7.18786' to F32E640.
Converted the String value '0.462265' to 0AEEC3E.
Converted the String value '-2.06874' to 3C664C0.
Converted the String value '7.19277' to 2C2BE640.
Converted the String value '0.393945' to 29B3C93E.


Those conversions are incorrect though :( I'm working on it.

@DS22:
his conversions were wrong :P

he's trying though...

I'm trying to decipher the polygon data

I've gotten verts, normals, and UV's to export to the obj already...
but there's still alot of stuff to go :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

It turns out those conversions were right. Just off by around 0.001% :af:
On to the next step!


December 28, 2010, 10:43:46 PM #171 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:27:37 PM by BlackJax96
Getting the xmlreader to read all the elements named "float_array" instead of just the first.

December 29, 2010, 02:01:04 PM #172 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:58:46 AM by Tcll
I've posted my table...
http://tcll5850.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=otherstuff&action=display&thread=78&page=1
it may benefit for others...

as for the PMD import script:
http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/f13a3652fc_0.02MB

@Roo
you already have this one...
don't bother DL-ing it :P

EDIT@BJ:
meet me on my chat O.o
I need to know something

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 30, 2010, 02:41:39 PM #173 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:58:36 AM by Tcll
hey BJ...
I kinda need your help...

as you know,
I've been working on trying to decipher the polygon data for quite some time now...
but everything I've tried hasn't seemed to work...

Pharrox dissappeared leaving me with crappy notes on them...
his code don't work completely...
will's code don't work for me...

I'm gonna have to go solo on this...

I've copied a bunch of headers and the points that go with them:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

can you help me in deciphering the patterns of the headers so I can biuld a compatible scrpt??
(use my template to help you with compairing the headers)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 31, 2010, 03:22:53 PM #174 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:58:22 AM by Tcll
hey, take a look at this:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_IteXPmeC6ek/TR3z0KbRreI/AAAAAAAACSg/DXLk1vCg9ko/small_find.jpg

just nothing but a small find that may lead to a big jump ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

So the length of the points is in that random number? O_o

And since you have three whole posts to yourself up there lol I guess I'll post some great news myself.

Shoopdawoop:


Those are the first float values in the dae converted to hex, to be read in bytes of 4.

Ex:
-2.07217 = C0049E6F

Cool stuff! Glad to know this stuff is moving, even slowly. At least someone's doing something.


The thread could use more attention though.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


January 02, 2011, 08:25:04 PM #179 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:58:12 AM by Tcll
Quote from: DancingDestroyer on January 02, 2011, 08:08:46 PMThe thread could use more attention though.

eh...
for once, I actually agree with that :/

I'm not the biggest fan of fame =.=

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.