Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.


Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on April 17, 2011, 03:04:56 AM
can I have an alpha version?
I seriously want to try and replace Ikes second sword with a sword from TOS2 ^+^

I also want to see if the character porting thing I mentioned will work.
That is, converting a mdl0 into dae with ais, then using the dae importer to replace the model of someone else with said character.

Wait just a little bit longer. You're just gonna be sadface when it throws an error right now

Quote from: Overlord Laharl on April 17, 2011, 03:08:47 AM
^Doesn't TOS2 USE MDL0's? :srs:

lol

Quote from: Overlord Laharl on April 17, 2011, 03:08:47 AM
^Doesn't TOS2 USE MDL0's? :srs:

Yes, but unfortunately the bones won't follow have N even if I rename them.
I know because I tried replacing ganondorfs taunt sword with echo tracer.
The texture appears between his legs for the duration of the taunt and the model PROBABLY appears where it's supposed to BUT you can't see it, since you know...the textures stuck in the ground...in 2D...around ganondorfs legs.

Is it possible to replace the sword he uses in one of his victory animations?

That sounds like an issue that can be solved by the Bone Tree Editor through editing the FrameMatrix and InverseBindMatrix.

Quote from: Demonslayerx8 on April 17, 2011, 02:51:47 AM
..... DAMN IT >.<

well then... i guess melee models have no bones...
I don't think so since probably every gamecube game that is 3D uses bones. You probably just didn't rip the model along with the bones because I don't think that is possible with melee yet. You should probably rig your own bones or use the bones from brawl by converting a character to dae and using their bones..

Quote from: shock44 on April 17, 2011, 04:34:07 AM
I don't think so since probably every gamecube game that is 3D uses bones. You probably just didn't rip the model along with the bones because I don't think that is possible with melee yet. You should probably rig your own bones or use the bones from brawl by converting a character to dae and using their bones..

Is that even possible
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 17, 2011, 04:46:04 AM
Yeah but why use a character skeleton on a stage is the question

He means a Melee character, I guess
and a Brawl character

Like, putting Marth's rigging on the Melee Roy model, or the like.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Naruko on April 17, 2011, 04:53:24 AM
He means a Melee character, I guess
and a Brawl character

Like, putting Marth's rigging on the Melee Roy model, or the like.
Oh, ^_^; I guess I didn't know that the person was trying to import a melee stage. Well the person could just use a bone or bones from a stage from brawl using the same method.

Quote from: shock44 on April 17, 2011, 05:35:38 AM
Oh, ^_^; I guess I didn't know that the person was trying to import a melee stage. Well the person could just use a bone or bones from a stage from brawl using the same method.

lol i was trying to do a melee stage, not a melee character. xD
anyways... my 3DS max has expired already so i cant add any bones to it... btw, is there also a way to make .obj files into .dae also? o.o      cause i have quite a bit of .obj files also (mostly OoT and MM stages)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I think our thread on deciphering the melee format would fit in here...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12551672#post12551672
^("our" == me + revel8n)

apparently we're the only ones actually working on the format...
not only that...
but I'm making progress

I've gotten the bases to log in IDLE:
Quote
>>>
[61136, 'PlyPichu5K_Share_joint']
[116096, 'PlyPichu5K_Share_matanim_joint']

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\model_convert\UMC_v2.0b.py", line 176, in <module>
   for module in imported_modules: module.expt(exfl,exSC,debug)#export
 File "C:\Documents and Settings\Tcll\Desktop\fileconvert2.0a\plugins\obj.py", line 22, in expt
   tag = line[1]
IndexError: list index out of range

>>>

^you can ignore the error message
that's just what's returning from the obj plugin >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: shock44 on April 17, 2011, 04:34:07 AM
I don't think so since probably every gamecube game that is 3D uses bones. You probably just didn't rip the model along with the bones because I don't think that is possible with melee yet. You should probably rig your own bones or use the bones from brawl by converting a character to dae and using their bones..
I need a tutorial for that.
I tried, but it just wouldn't connect to the model I was using (which was a converted MDL0 itself).
EDIT: I think I got one rigged.

Quote from: ds22 on April 17, 2011, 10:56:10 AM
I need a tutorial for that.
I tried, but it just wouldn't connect to the model I was using (which was a converted MDL0 itself).
EDIT: I think I got one rigged.

it's quite easy actually...
the only hard part is creating the weights when rigging the char

use AIS and import the DAE and delete the model
for blender users:
import the AIS export with the 140 importer (141 gives you screwy bones)
^and you don't need to delete the model (only the rig is imported)

then all you need to do is parent the rig to your model :)
____________________________________

btw, here's a progress shot for my char I indend to get into Brawl:

^name: Riku

this is only the low-poly model... :|
I've got alot more details to fill it in with >_>

not to mention the shader-controlled fur
yea... I'm gonna go for making him look real >:3

that's gonna be for .blend to .mdl0 conversion though...
I don't think blender 249 can convert to dae (or any other gaming format) too well :/

heh...
my modelling skills still suck XD

but hey...
for a wanabe game developer in training... (training myself)
that's pretty good (I impress myself :laugh:)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


This is what I got:

But I probably messed up a lot of things, like weights and textures.
Shows I have almost no modelling experience. :(