Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

alright...
so saying you get the model finished
the next step could be either rigging or material sketching
...but let's say you do rigging for now and save the mats for later

once you've finished the rig,
you'll have to move onto weighting by selecting a group of verts that a specific bone will deform.
keep note that a single vert can be deformed by multiple bones

anyways... so we're finished with the internals now...


I'm not an expert at materials yet so I'd recommend looking at tuts instead of coming to me :P
but I can tell you a bit of how they work :)

all I know is materials give the model it's color, specularity, and texture
and it can also be used to reflect a different light color, or change a color based on a view
materials basically deal with coloring and texturing

shaders give the model advanced looks such as glass orbs that actually bend light
or rendering hair or fur
--nintendo achives the fur look by layering textured models
bumpmaps are also used by shaders (this makes a model look as if it's indented)

shaders also control texture layers
like say we have 2 textures, 1 grass, 1 dirt

using a bump map as an alpha, we can make part of an area dirt where as the rest is grass

and that's only a few tricks shaders can do
there's still alot more I'm learning... heh

I just can't wait to get Riku in brawl:

lol yes my windows is expired XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 29, 2011, 03:05:25 PM
alright...
so saying you get the model finished
the next step could be either rigging or material sketching
...but let's say you do rigging for now and save the mats for later

once you've finished the rig,
you'll have to move onto weighting by selecting a group of verts that a specific bone will deform.
keep note that a single vert can be deformed by multiple bones

anyways... so we're finished with the internals now...


I'm not an expert at materials yet so I'd recommend looking at tuts instead of coming to me :P
but I can tell you a bit of how they work :)

all I know is materials give the model it's color, specularity, and texture
and it can also be used to reflect a different light color, or change a color based on a view
materials basically deal with coloring and texturing

shaders give the model advanced looks such as glass orbs that actually bend light
or rendering hair or fur
--nintendo achives the fur look by layering textured models
bumpmaps are also used by shaders (this makes a model look as if it's indented)

shaders also control texture layers
like say we have 2 textures, 1 grass, 1 dirt

using a bump map as an alpha, we can make part of an area dirt where as the rest is grass

and that's only a few tricks shaders can do
there's still alot more I'm learning... heh

I just can't wait to get Riku in brawl:

lol yes my windows is expired XDD


Well, I have excellent 3D perception, so figuring out where to place the bones and the weights for deformation be more or less a matter of trial and error.

Mapping I can figure out after I make a base texture for the polygons. I may want to do something similar to Samus's metallic effect for Marina on her armor where needed.

Though first I need to finish the blueprints.

When I'm done, she'll have a structure similar to Peach's, minus the weapons (since her moveset would mainly consist of physical combat.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

nice

my perception's only moderate...
so yes I suck and have to have help like a noob DX

I'm about to send the model back to Milun
and have him do a basic model of the mouth and eyes for me (my point applies here DX )
I can edit parts from there...

I'm farely good at rigging though...
my prob is positioning the verts to be weighted and keeping the model looking well
(even when being animated)

the way you'll see Riku is in his Power form for Pika
although he can't really control his electricity in that manner... heh

yeh... for info on Riku, you can check my RP char bio thread:
http://tcll5850.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rpcharbios&action=display&thread=98

anything beyond that is classified for the game I'm making 8)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hey BJ
just thought you might like to know:

REFF files are supported by Brbx
they're just not implemented

Pika's FS contains an REFF file (MiscData[1])

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 30, 2011, 06:06:20 PM
hey BJ
just thought you might like to know:

REFF files are supported by Brbx
they're just not implemented

Pika's FS contains an REFF file (MiscData[1])

Yeah I know, there's no wrapper

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 30, 2011, 06:29:43 PM
Yeah I know, there's no wrapper

Wonder what we could edit if we could access what's in those Misc.Datas?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 30, 2011, 07:51:11 PM
Wonder what we could edit if we could access what's in those Misc.Datas?

^ probably stuff like the flags of the articals like marios fire ball, or stuff like that. Each character seems to have a uniqe artical or attack spasific to them. Some of which aren't editable or difficult to edit.

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 30, 2011, 07:51:11 PM
Wonder what we could edit if we could access what's in those Misc.Datas?

well so far I've seen:
REFT - Textures/Pallets
REFF - models and animations (unsure)
RE3D - ??
ATKD - AI
AIPD - AI

there's a few more >.>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

...Say, what would it take to get something like DS22's attempt at rigging Naruto to Ike's bone set to work in Brawl?

Cause KJP has a Mewtwo project, and I think rigging Charizard's bones to Mewtwo's model would be beneficial.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302




Quote from: Tcll on May 02, 2011, 07:11:15 PM
developer Q:

do you think v11 mdl0's would work in brawl?? (if set up correctly)

like...
imagine Pika as a v11 instead of a v9
would it work is the Q :/

just a bit of inspiration there ;)

I think if you get v11 mdl0's working in brbx, we can find out ;D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

uugh...
ok... I can't seem to get further

I can't understand any of these sources I have,
and I can't get any further than what I've posted way earlier
(the images)

I need to know how every value in the face-point is converted to the proper number

normals are not handled like verts, or else I'd have a working conversion on those

I need explanations of how things beyond what I've done are achived...
help... please...

and also... the transforms...
how many other formats use them??

I think blender uses them, but I'm not sure <.<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 02, 2011, 07:12:47 PM

I think if you get v11 mdl0's working in brbx, we can find out ;D

^ you realise you were talking to yourself that post right? XD
[/troling]
BLEGHT

STUPID SCHOOLWORK!
WHY MUST YOU SLOW THESE AWESOME FOLKS DOWN!!  >D