Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on May 12, 2011, 02:07:17 AM
Oh really? I didn't notice. Thanks for pointing that out! :|

Do we know why it's like that?

It's not messed up at all :P

The model itself is turned down while the bones are standing straight up. That can be fixed in 3ds max (which I'll do right now)

And the textures are like that because, as you can see in the polygon list, there is only one object, and two textures. MDL0s can't have two textures on one object.

Here's what I've noted that you'll need to do for a successful import:
1. Export as single matrix!
2. Anything that uses seperate textures is on one object, detach the different parts that use the same texture by using the element selector and clicking detach. You can group elements into separate objects if you want to be organized :P
3. Either rotate the model and bones down to face downward or rotate only the model to face downward and then rotate it back up by rotating all the vertices.
4. You don't need export lights or cameras checked.
5. USE 3DS MAX 2010!!! That's the only version that I know will definitely work as of now.

What about blender?

Any ideas of the settings for that?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on May 12, 2011, 02:41:27 AM
What about blender?

Any ideas of the settings for that?

I'm not sure. I've only thoroughly tested 3ds max 2010. Blender might work, I think it has a dae 140 exporter...

Quote from: Tcll on May 12, 2011, 01:12:58 AM
Great Job BJ :D
I know who's gonna be happy when he see this :af:

is that a pmd import to brbx??
or just PMD -> DAE to brbx??

EDIT:
btw, do you know enough about actually building a working MDL0 yet??
^think you can help me with the relocation groups??

I wanna try to get a basic model working...
and I think I know how to now >_>

but there's a few minor things that need to be settled before I can -.-

It's just pmd to dae to brawlbox. And I'm not sure about being able to build an mdl0 yet. It might take some more time to make everything work.

actually BJ...
an object can have multiple textures...

but there's a few different ways you could apply them:

1: Pikachu's eyes
(controlled by a shader referencing the textures as layers,
and a script that tells which layer is displayed at what time)

2: Misery's costumes (the method is true, but don't quote me on it being applied)
(controlled by UV channels, a seperate channel for a seperate texture.
not quite sure how it's displayed yet >_>)

there's more...
but all of these methods have 1 thing in common...
they're all controlled by shaders and scripts
(possibly TEV's for MDL0's)

EDIT:
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 12, 2011, 02:50:40 AM
I'm not sure. I've only thoroughly tested 3ds max 2010. Blender might work, I think it has a dae 140 exporter...

it does, but the importer doesn't import the export

both scripts are not well made >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hey BJ, when you got everything working, and I really don't feel like downloading/hacking 3DS max again just for this. Do you think you could take Ganondorf's bones and put them on this tsunade model I fixed a while back so I can make a psa for her? And get it to work on ganondorf?

I don't want to use her bones, cause she has a [censored] ton of them and that'd take forever to animate, pluss there's quite a few poly's that need to be deleated. If you did this I will release it as a colaboration. :)

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on May 12, 2011, 02:55:13 AM
Hey BJ, when you got everything working, and I really don't feel like downloading/hacking 3DS max again just for this. Do you think you could take Ganondorf's bones and put them on this tsunade model I fixed a while back so I can make a psa for her? And get it to work on ganondorf?

I don't want to use her bones, cause she has a [censored] ton of them and that'd take forever to animate, pluss there's quite a few poly's that need to be deleated. If you did this I will release it as a colaboration. :)
hey... no requests yet...

it's still a long way from being finished

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 12, 2011, 02:54:22 AM
actually BJ...
an object can have multiple textures...

but there's a few different ways you could apply them:

1: Pikachu's eyes
(controlled by a shader referencing the textures as layers,
and a script that tells which layer is displayed at what time)

2: Misery's costumes (the method is true, but don't quote me on it being applied)
(controlled by UV channels, a seperate channel for a seperate texture.
not quite sure how it's displayed yet >_>)

there's more...
but all of these methods have 1 thing in common...
they're all controlled by shaders and scripts
(possibly TEV's for MDL0's)

Well Kryal's importer doesn't do any of that, unless you want to tell me everything about shaders so I can add editing support to brawlbox :P It'll just be easier to make every texture separate instead of scripting everything blindly lol

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on May 12, 2011, 02:55:13 AM
Hey BJ, when you got everything working, and I really don't feel like downloading/hacking 3DS max again just for this. Do you think you could take Ganondorf's bones and put them on this tsunade model I fixed a while back so I can make a psa for her? And get it to work on ganondorf?

I don't want to use her bones, cause she has a [censored] ton of them and that'd take forever to animate, pluss there's quite a few poly's that need to be deleated. If you did this I will release it as a colaboration. :)

Rigging stuff doesn't take 3 seconds... I don't wanna just randomly rig something for no sudden reason

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 12, 2011, 02:57:37 AM
Well Kryal's importer doesn't do any of that, unless you want to tell me everything about shaders so I can add editing support to brawlbox :P It'll just be easier to make every texture separate instead of scripting everything blindly lol
lol

I'm just letting you know it's possible

IDK how to actually achieve everything yet... heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 12, 2011, 01:12:58 AM
Great Job BJ :D
I know who's gonna be happy when he see this :af:

is that a pmd import to brbx??
or just PMD -> DAE to brbx??

EDIT:
btw, do you know enough about actually building a working MDL0 yet??
^think you can help me with the relocation groups??

I wanna try to get a basic model working...
and I think I know how to now >_>

but there's a few minor things that need to be settled before I can -.-
If you're working on a v9 MDL0 I can help you with the relocation groups.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 12, 2011, 01:04:38 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It looks way nicer that I'd have expected holy wow we have a winner
Can't wait to have this baby in hand and rock on with importing my gamecube model :V

NICE! sweet progress! lol good job
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


well, I've just gotten my Conversion Method Button Window back to it's previous state:


none of the buttons work though...

note: that window will appear if there are 2 or more plugins associated for a specific file type

the reason they don't work yet is because the command activates as soon as the button is created :/
this creates an internal error as it destroys the window and causes an error w/in the main app

I am however thinking of logging the button commands in a seperate var as they're created,
then dynamically loading the var after all the buttons are created

yes, this is what I ment by multi-reference conversion...


btw, a major internal change I made:
both the import and export functions use the same button window,
instead of 2 seperate button windows

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 12, 2011, 06:53:07 PM

YES!
please do :happy:
I've been trying to find the answer (in any form) for months now

all I know are the offsets
IDK anything before that

v11 are similar except for the string offsets
the string offset is 24bit with an 8bit value after it >_>

but I'm on v9 atm
hey 404...
this may help explain things a bit better:

what I need to know is what the 16bit values are :/

btw, that '00 00' I have crossed out actually does have a usage
I'm thinking it's a usage for something the mdl0 could have but doesn't...
not saying the same for different mdl0 files though <.<

a partial example I'm thinking of would be for seperate scenes in a single mdl0...
again though... IDK that much about it yet...
please help <:|

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I'll just leave this here. I think my work is done on the importing part. I'll update the OP right now and most likely make a video tutorial for you guys when the exporting part works 100% and I can get a model to work in-game.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

awesome the import is soon done :D
too bad i can´t get a ripped Goku out from the game and dont know how to give the model same boneset of CP. falcon
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later