Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 09, 2011, 08:47:32 AM
What's all this about the importer not working on 64-bit?

I imported a model I made just fine using the Feeling Collada exporter for 3ds max 2009. I'm on 64-bit Windows 7.

Oddly enough neither the Autodesk Collada exporter, nor the OpenCollada exporter worked for me. I get the same exception the people before me mentioned.

Works great, by the way, I can't wait to actually bring my models into brawl!

EDIT: Wow, this is kinda odd. I tried to repeat my steps from before, but this time I came up with an exception. I compared the two DAE files and I found the difference near the bottom:

Working:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Second Broken Attempt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


In the working one, the bone is listed first, but in the broken one the model itself is listed first followed by the bone. I switched around the two node groups and I was able to import the second attempt to brawl box again just fine.

EDIT2: You can fix the Autodesk Collada exports in the same way. As for OpenCollada, the node switch didn't fix the exception and I can't seem to successfully import it to brawl box.

This is the exact error I'm trying to fix! It's really strange, sometimes you can switch the nodes, and sometimes you can't. If a node ever appears before a joint, it doesn't work... I know exactly why it does that in the code, the problem is that every fix I've tried making resulted in an overflow error or bone influences not linking right with the vertices. I'll see if I can do anything else to work around that error.


I still wonder why the .pmd importer does work on 64bit...

Quote from: ds22 on July 09, 2011, 06:07:19 PM
I still wonder why the .pmd importer does work on 64bit...

Well, PMDs are parsed as a hex file (like MDL0s). DAEs are parsed as xml, with a custom xml parser. Idk why that would make a difference though.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 09, 2011, 06:24:38 PMWell, PMDs are parsed as a hex file (like MDL0s). DAEs are parsed as xml, with a custom xml parser. Idk why that would make a difference though.
well, it depens on the way they're programmed...

obj is parsed differently from dae
(global vs local vectors)

this also applies to dat vs mdl0

I'm not exactly sure how pmd works yet, but I believe it's local vectors...

OR
RAW actually has stationary vectors

stationary vectors are logged in the facepoint...

or I may be thinking of MvC3 mot files >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 09, 2011, 09:24:38 PM
well, it depens on the way they're programmed...

obj is parsed differently from dae
(global vs local vectors)

this also applies to dat vs mdl0

I'm not exactly sure how pmd works yet, but I believe it's local vectors...

OR
RAW actually has stationary vectors

stationary vectors are logged in the facepoint...

or I may be thinking of MvC3 mot files >_>

as far as i know, MvC3's mot files are animations
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


MvC3 doesn't have .mot files...
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?



Quote from: the joker on July 10, 2011, 08:23:31 AM
weren't .mot files TvC animations???
yea, TvC is the 1 that has .MOT files, MvC3 doesnt have those at all.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

OH WOW! I blame Tcll for my failure...i was runnin purley on miuntain dew volyage....:srs: But thats what i meant. lol....he thought they were modelt. :laugh:
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


well it appears I was mis-informed then...
I blame VILE

since VILE was doing work on MvC3 and sent me a .mot of Spiderman for me to help him decipher
(I was under the infleuence it was a model instead of an animation. (if this is true))

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 10, 2011, 01:36:48 PM
well it appears I was mis-informed then...
I blame VILE

since VILE was doing work on MvC3 and sent me a .mot of Spiderman for me to help him decipher
(I was under the infleuence it was a model instead of an animation. (if this is true))

Lmao. Wait, we just said MvC3 didnt HAVE .mot's.......:srs:
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 10, 2011, 02:01:28 PMLmao. Wait, we just said MvC3 didnt HAVE .mot's.......:srs:
yea... IK...

that's what vile sent me and had me under the influence of

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I just fixed a saving issue with ported animations.
Time to update the Brawlvault download yet again :af:
Edit: Brawlbox is now as stable as flaming hell (that means it's REALLY stable).

awesome and .dae importing close to be too?
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later