Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 12, 2011, 12:14:37 AM
Who didn't? I remember when Tcll first posted that request for help for the mdl0 last year. I honestly never thought you two would keep at it for this long. You MUST be crazy :laugh:

Winners never quit, and quitters never win. ;)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 12, 2011, 12:16:39 AM
Winners never quit, and quitters never win. ;)
oh that is SOOOOO true
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

i hope i can assume that all those new pages of encrypted laguage (lol jk) means u dudes are making some progress ^^

Quote from: the joker on July 12, 2011, 12:21:31 AM
i hope i can assume that all those new pages of encrypted laguage (lol jk) means u dudes are making some progress ^^

rofl, yeah, (most of) it does.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 11:20:42 PM
I could have sworn you've been talking about nothing but blender this entire time. My bad I guess?  :laugh:

By the way 404 if you could get that sketchup model to me in 3ds or obj format that'd be great. These plugins I'm using don't import textures like a .3ds does, basically making it pointless to use it in the first place.
How bout this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/Model.zip
It's a .dae, exported from blender.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 12, 2011, 12:33:12 AMHow bout this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/Model.zip It's a .dae, exported from blender.
you may want to reconsider that...
if you're using blender24

I just got blender25 and am testing the collada plugins
141 doesn't import ;_;

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Really? I exported the skp model from sketchup as a dae, then imported that in blender, and exported as a dae...
Not sure if it worked, though. Maybe I'll test by reimporting into sketchup XD

FC: 2191-7379-6272

forget what I said earlier...

I just imported a 140, exported a 141, re-imported that, and it worked O_o

EDIT:
AIS exports don't import

EDIT2:
here's the import:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 12, 2011, 12:39:18 AM
Really? I exported the skp model from sketchup as a dae, then imported that in blender, and exported as a dae...
Not sure if it worked, though. Maybe I'll test by reimporting into sketchup XD

Hahaha it just caused my 3ds max to crash when I tried to import it. I looked at it with notepad++ and again it's pretty different. I'm not so sure we can get a blender DAE into BrawlBox.

Did you fix the materials by the way?
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 12, 2011, 12:58:47 AM
Hahaha it just caused my 3ds max to crash when I tried to import it. I looked at it with notepad++ and again it's pretty different. I'm not so sure we can get a blender DAE into BrawlBox.

Did you fix the materials by the way?

Try this, it's an obj:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/Model.zip

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 12, 2011, 01:08:10 AM
Try this, it's an obj:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/Model.zip

Wow I can't believe we're having so much trouble with this. Importing this OBJ only gives me like 50 faces. 90% of the model is just gone.

I'll keep messing around with the one I have, because it looks exactly how yours is in sketchup I'm sure. The textures are all in the right places and everything, it's just these multi-subobject materials that are the problem. Maybe I can keep the UVS of the multi-subs if I keep messing with it.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Why This Post Is Not Stikied?
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I found the problem with AIS importing to blender

Traingle Fans are not supported by the plugin

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 10:04:16 PMAll fixed! Just needs Ike's skeleton.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sure, I'll take a look at it.
So resizing and Ike's skeleton and he will be playable over Ike like normal in-game?