Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on July 13, 2011, 02:18:50 AM
what are you exporting from??

if blender, what version??

No, both of us are using Max. I'm not sure which version he's using, but when he exported the entire model section was missing if I remember right. (Which may be completely wrong. Lots of people are having different problems these days and I may be confusing that with someone else...)
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: K-Canon on July 13, 2011, 02:04:01 AM
@BlackJack
"""Because the translations that actually change as the animation progresses, like TransN, aren't fixed using that method"""

they are very less characters that have a translation change during the Animation, plus the transN doesnt let the mesh to stretch


this statement is wrong. 4.2 got things that this brawlbox doesnt have. you can increasse the values by pressing shift+the arrow keys by 1 and just with arrows 0.1 and it renders it in real time. you dont need to press enter all the time.

Plus, 4.2 lags when you play an animation.This version doesn't.One of the few things 4.2 does better right now is PAT0 editing though.

well I downloaded a programm called appbooster. So that fixes the laggs and it plays at brawl speed. so I dont have that Problem.

I can't explain how many times I epically facepalmed while reading this. Carry on with whatever Brawlbox suits your needs best good sir, for I cannot fulfill those needs. ;) apparently >.>

edit: basically, from what you've said in the past, the #1 thing you want in my modset is the automatic rendering of your changes. Looks like imma have to add lots of model.Invalidate() functions everywhere.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 13, 2011, 02:09:18 AM
Edit: OH! Man I'm dumb. Oddly enough, the first thing I tried to move were the fingers and I just assumed the entire thing wasn't rigged. You sir have my humblest apologies.  :af:

lol *facepalm* and you re-rigged the entire thing? That sucks o_o
I'll put that rigging tutorial up on the OP too, if you get around to making it. Rigging is hard work -_-

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 13, 2011, 02:30:04 AM
lol *facepalm* and you re-rigged the entire thing? That sucks o_o

Yes I did, and yes it does :laugh:
It's okay though, I could always use the practice.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Unfortunately the rotation problem is still there with ds22's rig as well.
Don't mind that stretched bit, the cape bone just snagged a bit of his neck. I can fix that if we decide to use ds22's rig, although at this point I doubt it even matters.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 13, 2011, 02:35:04 AM
Yes I did, and yes it does :laugh:
It's okay though, I could always use the practice.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Unfortunately the rotation problem is still there with ds22's rig as well.
Don't mind that stretched bit, the cape bone just snagged a bit of his neck. I can fix that if we decide to use ds22's rig, although at this point I doubt it even matters.

It looks like someone will just have to fix those problems in the animations. Brawl hacking can't be as easy as putting the model in the game and you're done, that wouldn't be any fun :D

The random problems are half the fun!

Unless they're not. I rode my bike 10 miles today (rendering me dead tired) and it's currently around midnight, so I may not be thinking straight.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 13, 2011, 03:38:38 AM
The random problems are half the fun!

Unless they're not. I rode my bike 10 miles today (rendering me dead tired) and it's currently around midnight, so I may not be thinking straight.

You're completely right!
Shoot my toes.

BlackJax and Tcll, I can't ever seen to catch you guys on your chat, I've got some stuff to tell you guys that you may be interested in.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

They have a chat? IRC right? What network?

Quote from: Justin712 on July 13, 2011, 02:35:04 AM
Yes I did, and yes it does :laugh:
It's okay though, I could always use the practice.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Unfortunately the rotation problem is still there with ds22's rig as well.
Don't mind that stretched bit, the cape bone just snagged a bit of his neck. I can fix that if we decide to use ds22's rig, although at this point I doubt it even matters.
Yay, more work for my personal Naruto PSA. :D
And I think your rig is slightly better, since you have more experience with rigging to begin with (although I don't know if there is that much difference between the 2 rigs).
BTW, I never rigged the finger bones since they deformed when I tried to.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on July 13, 2011, 01:01:57 PMThey have a chat? IRC right? What network?

it's on my crappy website :3

http://tcll5850.hostoi.com

IRC's are something I don't trust as they DL a program to your computer

EDIT:
I'm on now if anyone want's to tell me anything, but I won't be on for long :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 13, 2011, 01:43:09 PM
IRC's are something I don't trust as they DL a program to your computer
TC do you trust ANYTHING? Besides you can use Mibbit which is a web-based client if you're that insistent.

No seriously, why would an open-source chat protocol with millions of clients that millions of people use be UNSAFE?

Quote from: TommoPuppy on July 13, 2011, 09:16:46 PM
TC do you trust ANYTHING? Besides you can use Mibbit which is a web-based client if you're that insistent.

No seriously, why would an open-source chat protocol with millions of clients that millions of people use be UNSAFE?

Well his chat isn't bad at all, it works perfectly fine and is fast. It's a hella lot better than the kc-mm chat >_>

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 13, 2011, 09:20:13 PM
Well his chat isn't bad at all, it works perfectly fine and is fast. It's a hella lot better than the kc-mm chat >_>
That's because nobody goes there lol.

*joins your chat and continues the off-topic discussion there if need be*

So Justin, any word on that tutorial? Just askin.
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: TommoPuppy on July 13, 2011, 09:16:46 PM
TC do you trust ANYTHING? Besides you can use Mibbit which is a web-based client if you're that insistent.

No seriously, why would an open-source chat protocol with millions of clients that millions of people use be UNSAFE?
for the same reason you constantly see facebook on the news...

anythings possible

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.