Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

My thread is over here.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=28362.0

Now this thread can return to it's regulary scheduled programming.

I wish you luck with this rebuilder. :)

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 16, 2011, 08:22:50 AM
I have a question that I hope isn't to intrusive.

Is there a way to scale existing Mdl0s without using keyframes and bones?

I have Simon Belmont's model from Castlevania Judgement that needs to be scaled to 11 times his size.

I don't want to use Fortwaffle's tool because the tool causes Simon's face to "mesh" incorrectly when it's scaled.

Like is there a way to scale Simon's model via vertices, normals, and such?

I dunno if anyone told you this, but the TvC models were the exact same way.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302


i was thinking about a thing that can maybe come in next update of brawlbox

do it so you can select to dont copy/paste scale

if you needing to copy/paste a Frame
that can save some filesize for Aninimations
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Every Wii game developed by Eighting uses the MDL0 format in some way, but your right, those 3 genre of games are interchangeable.
Seeing those vids however I suspect those 3 games use a animation routine similar to Melee (meaning rotation only).


hey BJ...

I'm getting errors like you now XD


 File "C:\model_convert\plugins\MeleeDAT.py", line 190, in DOBJ
   if polygon != 0: POBJ(polygon)
 File "C:\model_convert\plugins\MeleeDAT.py", line 108, in POBJ
   matrices = getTransformMatrices(weights)
 File "C:\model_convert\plugins\MeleeDAT.py", line 70, in getTransformMatrices
   mtx = C.ru32() #matrix offset
 File "C:\model_convert\plugins\Cmn.py", line 20, in ru32
   def ru32(): return St.unpack(">L", f.read(4))[0]
 File "C:\Python25\Lib\struct.py", line 87, in unpack
   return o.unpack(s)
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4

umm:
f.read(4)
...
f.read(4)
...
f.read(4)


hey python...
there's a thing called looking

EDIT:
I found the prob...

fr.seek(weights_offset+32, 0)
was set to:
fr.seek(Offset+32, 0)

DK why it returned '' for the start of the weights though

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BlackJax, do you think you could make it so you could highlight(Click, hold, and drag) bones in BrawlBox? Cuz it's annoying sometimes when I have to click the exact center of the bone when you want to hurry.

I don't think that will happen. Look at the OP.
Also, you shouldn't be rushing with animations unless it's a special condition anyway.

ok... obviously I'm doing something wrong...

TX = (vert[0]*matrix[0])+(vert[1]*matrix[1])+(vert[2]*matrix[2])+matrix[3]
TY = (vert[0]*matrix[4])+(vert[1]*matrix[5])+(vert[2]*matrix[6])+matrix[7]
TZ = (vert[0]*matrix[8])+(vert[1]*matrix[9])+(vert[2]*matrix[10])+matrix[11]

vert += [TX,TY,TZ]

the matrix is in the order it's read

I'm still getting distortion

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 19, 2011, 12:43:09 PM
ok... obviously I'm doing something wrong...

TX = (vert[0]*matrix[0])+(vert[1]*matrix[1])+(vert[2]*matrix[2])+matrix[3]
TY = (vert[0]*matrix[4])+(vert[1]*matrix[5])+(vert[2]*matrix[6])+matrix[7]
TZ = (vert[0]*matrix[8])+(vert[1]*matrix[9])+(vert[2]*matrix[10])+matrix[11]

vert += [TX,TY,TZ]

the matrix is in the order it's read

I'm still getting distortion

it's

vert = [TX,TY,TZ]

not +=

btw, I was at Disneyland over the weekend, but I'm back now.

Just a question, but are Melee's models in the .dae format?
>.> I feel like such a noob. >.>
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 19, 2011, 06:30:08 PM
Just a question, but are Melee's models in the .dae format?
>.> I feel like such a noob. >.>

lolno.

They're in .dat

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 19, 2011, 06:30:41 PM
lolno.

They're in .dat
Oh alright, thanks for telling me.

Will the model rebuilder support other model formats other than .dae and .mdl0?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 19, 2011, 06:42:04 PM
Oh alright, thanks for telling me.

Will the model rebuilder support other model formats other than .dae and .mdl0?

The model rebuilder supports everything, it just rebuilds the mdl0. If you can create a parser (importer) for a format, the model rebuilder will make the mdl0 automatically.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 19, 2011, 06:53:22 PM
The model rebuilder supports everything, it just rebuilds the mdl0. If you can create a parser (importer) for a format, the model rebuilder will make the mdl0 automatically.
Oh. So once the model rebuilder is finished, any model we get we can turn into a .mdl0?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]