Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Psycho Philia on July 21, 2011, 09:54:52 AMI have a little question, when you speak about adding bones, BlackJax, what does it does concretely? You can add bone to a place you chose so that something like for example Sephiroth's hair can be now animated? And when you add bones like this, is the mdl0 size doubled like it was the case for Fortwaffle's program? (I recall that the number of bones added with Fortwaffle's program was not important, if you add only one, the size was doubled.)
no... it adds bones the correct way

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Don't know what this manga is, but that wasn't what I was talking about.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Ok I just fixed shader corruption, that's one less error!

All that's left until we can properly add and move bones is to actually figure out what's causing bones to not write correctly in the first place.

After I fix that, I'll probably release a Modset 2 release and then focus on writing objects from scratch. I've already made progress on what the object flags do, how they affect the facepoints, and how I need to write everything.

Here's a data dump written by Brawlbox for Mario's objects, obtained by only reading the flags. (So I can understand them better)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

nice job BJ :)

but you've still got alot to learn XD

it's not as simple as you're making it sound or else I'd be converting MDL0's easily by now...

but I still need to know a few things...

the 4 16bit values in the relocation offsets
and how to build the transform list, or a better name would be the bone matrix list (used by the weight groups)

and then you need to focu on using actual 3D terms XD

objects instead of polygons...
nodes instead of shaders...

and you need to point out the actual shaders, and make them editable...

then you may have something :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 21, 2011, 11:30:24 PM
nice job BJ :)

but you've still got alot to learn XD

it's not as simple as you're making it sound or else I'd be converting MDL0's easily by now...

but I still need to know a few things...

the 4 16bit values in the relocation offsets
and how to build the transform list, or a better name would be the bone matrix list (used by the weight groups)

and then you need to focu on using actual 3D terms XD

objects instead of polygons...
nodes instead of shaders...

and you need to point out the actual shaders, and make them editable...

then you may have something :)

Already done, way ahead of you. (I don't mean it like a put-down, I'm just saying that I already have it done, literally)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 21, 2011, 11:41:16 PM
Already done, way ahead of you. (I don't mean it like a put-down, I'm just saying that I already have it done, literally)
woah...
so... you can actually edit shaders now??
so I could make Pika look like glass by default :D
or better yet, give him actual fur :af:
(literally meaning that (not being sarcastic))

now we just need to focus on the nodes >_>

and you were sure to change the 3D terms?? :/
(just curious about that as you keep mentioning the incorrect terms) :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 22, 2011, 12:33:38 AM
woah...
so... you can actually edit shaders now??
so I could make Pika look like glass by default :D
or better yet, give him actual fur :af:
(literally meaning that (not being sarcastic))

now we just need to focus on the nodes >_>

and you were sure to change the 3D terms?? :/
(just curious about that as you keep mentioning the incorrect terms) :/

Well I'll change "Polygons" to "Objects," but I'm gonna have to stick with Kryal on the name of Shaders.

You can't actually edit the shaders either, you just change the values manually for now.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 22, 2011, 12:36:29 AM
Well I'll change "Polygons" to "Objects," but I'm gonna have to stick with Kryal on the name of Shaders.

You can't actually edit the shaders either, you just change the values manually for now.
well that sux =3=

well I'm using the terms I learn'd from game development

just call them TEV's then because shaders are already used in Mat1...
(even though the ACTUAL term for the TEV's is Nodes)

Kryal's an idiot who more than disappointed me ):<
he doesn't know anything about game development...
he only knows what the SDK told him >:O

I'm sry...
please don't mention Kryal around me. =3=

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

you ppl are so smart!!!!
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

'Course they are. They're hackers (which used to be used a LOT differently - expert programming, basically - crackers was the term for what news services now call hackers)

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Well, the rebuilt bones show in Brawlbox v0.63d but not in my modset. My modset does display normal, non-rebuilt bones though. I'm still trying to figure out why...


Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 22, 2011, 03:35:34 AM
Well, the rebuilt bones show in Brawlbox v0.63d but not in my modset. My modset does display normal, non-rebuilt bones though. I'm still trying to figure out why...

Have you tried a quick PSA test and put GFX and/or hitboxes on the rebuilt bones?

I have a major question.

you know when you rename bones in a model like let say i wanted Byakuya.

and i renamed all of his Key bones like SHoulder/Elbo/Wrist/Hands. ETC. the major bones.

why do they screw up when bein previewed.

like one half of the model is all perfect, the other half othe the limbs are all over the place.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 22, 2011, 07:54:07 AM
Have you tried a quick PSA test and put GFX and/or hitboxes on the rebuilt bones?

I haven't tried it in-game yet. I think the problem has to do with how the bones are being written, because it's initializing the bones but not adding them to the bone group's children.

Edit: Yeah, NodeTree isn't being written. That's what links the bones in v0.64, lol. Brawlbox v0.63d doesn't read the NodeTree, it just reads the MDL0 straight down, so that's probably why it works in that version.

Quote from: Nyanyanyanyan Cat Man on July 22, 2011, 12:04:25 PM
I have a major question.

you know when you rename bones in a model like let say i wanted Byakuya.

and i renamed all of his Key bones like SHoulder/Elbo/Wrist/Hands. ETC. the major bones.

why do they screw up when bein previewed.

like one half of the model is all perfect, the other half othe the limbs are all over the place.

If you're just renaming the bones, that shouldn't happen unless you have an animation selected that would do that.