Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 05, 2011, 04:34:15 AM
I don't know if I'll ever add that :/ That would involve creating completely new weights and creating an entire editor for it. I think I'd rather put that time into a real-time PSA editor.
Deff has my vote =3 I do wish you and the rest luck on your programing projects. I can't wait to use them to thier fullest ^_^
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



August 05, 2011, 06:30:46 AM #2446 Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:32:51 AM by Justin712
Quote from: Ultraxwing on August 05, 2011, 04:41:34 AM

Blender is easy from what i hear

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. I had to learn it for my animation class since Maya stopped offering their educational license (for some reason). I like the program, but that user interface is NOT for beginners. Even my teacher hardly had the patience to learn it. I ended up printing out a list of keyboard shortcuts for her to hang near her desk... If you're willing to memorize all of the keyboard shortcuts, though, it's a pretty decent modeling program, and the built-in game engine IS pretty impressive, and a good alternative if you don't want to learn Unity or UDK.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

blender is a funny program I have to say...
even I have to use a list...

but what I do for the commands I haven't memorised is I have the list open with blender
(displaying at the same time)

all you have to do then is glance at the list while you work ;)


as for the thing I came here to post about...
I started working on the CMPR format last night and this is what I got:


I read the Brbx src to get me that far...
but now I'm stuck...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Just a note BJ, you only gave me the files and Mariokarts tutorials on importing DOA4 models into 3DS Max...(Which I am thankful for..)
I would like to know now how to rip the character files from the ISO, and where to get an ISO for that game for that matter...

BTW: It sounds like you're about done >=D I'd expect a release of BB3 maybe at the end of september? Judging from your percentage of being done that is...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 05, 2011, 04:34:15 AM
I don't know if I'll ever add that :/ That would involve creating completely new weights and creating an entire editor for it. I think I'd rather put that time into a real-time PSA editor.

Epic post is epic
Sig by Segtendo. Epic

sigh...
my MDL0 plugin is now currently about 8% complete since I'm trying to implement the new read method...

BJ can you please work on that small program far me.
You're the only one I got who can help me understand this.

I need the small program far the src, and I need it to work perfectly:

you can even do:
input.txt contains the relocation groups
output.txt contains the list of properly ordered offsets

once I get this, you can expect my program to be over 60% complete

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

^ "no"
*inb4BJ says it*

If he won't do something as simple as sending a few tbr files from DOA4 my way, I doubt he'll help with a small program either...


Quote from: Tcll on August 04, 2011, 10:23:12 PM
Brbx's code layout confuses me...
that's why I ask for a small src that does that

EDIT:
btw, my REFT builder is completed,
and due for release with my viewer
(once I figure out the CMPR format)

Oh, so Brawl Imports aint cool anymore, eh? lol jk
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on August 05, 2011, 04:26:58 PMOh, so Brawl Imports aint cool anymore, eh? lol jk
I'm on a crappy PS3 rmbr :P

I can't rmbr every website


and STFrU NZM
I have a program to help the Brawl community...
yours is only a hack...

I think mine overrules yours

otherwise you can stick with a crappy converter that Kryal wrote,
and BJ fixed up a bit

it wouldn't be so crappy if it had a much better way of converting DAE's
(what I've got planned for my converter)

all BJ needs to do is work with me like we agreed from the start.
(teamwork is something you don't seem to understand NZM)

I'm giving BJ every last bit of my help (when I can)
but now I need his.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 05, 2011, 05:19:10 PM
I'm on a crappy PS3 rmbr :P

I can't rmbr every website


and STFrU NZM
I have a program to help the Brawl community...
yours is only a hack...

I think mine overrules yours

otherwise you can stick with a crappy converter that Kryal wrote,
and BJ fixed up a bit

it wouldn't be so crappy if it had a much better way of converting DAE's
(what I've got planned for my converter)

all BJ needs to do is work with me like we agreed from the start.
(teamwork is something you don't seem to understand NZM)

I'm giving BJ every last bit of my help (when I can)
but now I need his.

I don't get exactly what you want me to do. Just read the MDL0, get the relocation offsets, and output them into a text file? That's it? I could probably just copy and paste a very small part of Kryal's code to do that.
Btw, I fixed up Kryal's code more than just a little bit. More like, a hella lot :srs:

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on August 05, 2011, 03:42:10 PM
^ "no"
*inb4BJ says it*

If he won't do something as simple as sending a few tbr files from DOA4 my way, I doubt he'll help with a small program either...

"no"

@ TCLL: I know what teamwork is =_=; its the part about getting someone to give a damn about my projects that I'm having trouble with.  I need an animator, a fellow psa-er (for specials) and a beta tester. But no, I can't even get that much...

Don't tell me "STFU" without a decent enough reason. BJ has said that he wasn't going to help anyone anymore. So I assumed that included you as well, and I was only reminding you of what BJ had said. >_> I guess I'm just not "important" enough cause I'm not contributing to the brawl hacking comunity with my own programs. But guess what, not everyone knows how to MAKE said programs.... moreover, why would I want to make said programs when so many tallented people were in the project long before I am?

@ BJ: IDK about the files anymore, I'll find the ways and tools to get them myself. That still doesn't mean that I'm not rooting for you to finish this project any less than I was before. So yeah, minor annoyances aside, keep up the good work ^+^

heh... well guess what
you're in exactly the same predicament as me.

btw... my converter is a valad reason.
and no one ever insinuated you weren't important...
just what you're doing is not as important as what we're doing >_>

and who gives a crap about when...
if you wanna help the community, then do it.
those so called talented people aren't here now are they?

so if you can, and want to help out, then do it.
the community could use more useful, up-to-date crap...
as well as the knowledge being thrown into it.


and yes BJ, that's all I need :)
thanks

EDIT:
BTW NZM...

I only said that (about the teamwork) just to start a fire...
hopefully you don't take anything personal >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on August 05, 2011, 06:34:15 PMI guess I'm just not "important" enough cause I'm not contributing to the brawl hacking comunity with my own programs. But guess what, not everyone knows how to MAKE said programs.... moreover, why would I want to make said programs when so many tallented people were in the project long before I am?

I didn't know C# when I started. Kryal left, who knows what Phantom Wings and Dantarion are doing anymore, and I don't see RTB around a lot either. Tcll was the only "talented person" left working on a model converter :srs: I taught myself C# while studying the Brawlbox source just so that I could finish Kryal's model converter. You point is invalid my good man.

Quote from: Tcll on August 05, 2011, 10:18:14 PM
if you wanna help the community, then do it.
those so called talented people aren't here now are they?
so if you can, and want to help out, then do it.

^ This

Quote from: Tcll on August 05, 2011, 10:18:14 PM
and yes BJ, that's all I need :)
thanks

"k"

<3 your sig/motto BJ  :happy:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.