Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


If it is viewing the models at once, it'd be GREAT for stage makers as myself.

*faints*
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Segtendo on August 07, 2011, 09:10:07 PM
Is it... viewing multiple models at once?

I thought that part was obvious :srs:
You can view like, I have no idea how many models at once, but a lot.

August 07, 2011, 09:42:41 PM #2493 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:43:35 PM by RandomTBush
I've went back and fixed up the notes in my earlier post. I'm really not sure what those "Unknown1" or "Unknown2" Transform sets are for (every rigged object has the "Vertex Transform" set no matter what), but they seem to be linked with others in the same set from what I've seen from Roll (Unknown1) and Naruto (Unknown2). Right now, I'm gonna do some reverse-engineering on the DAE files to determine how the rigging is set up. I've got a general idea of how it's done now, but the matrices (basically, the "weighted positions") are confusing me.

August 07, 2011, 10:04:11 PM #2494 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:06:39 PM by Skyground95
 :happy: HYPE  :happy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I found out some information about collision files:


The 'Unknown 2' checkbox seems to only be used by the homerun contest barrier collision
(the one that blocks the sandbag and homerun bat, but not the players).
'Unknown 2' makes collision that works only for items.

'Unknown 1' makes it so that characters actually can interfere with the collision (as well as other things)
So if you uncheck 'Unknown 1', the collision won't work for characters.

Awesome Part:
If you uncheck 'Unknown 1', but check 'Unknown 2', the collision will work with only items  :af2:


To sum it up:
Unknown 1 = Collision for characters and everything else
Unknown 2 = Collision only for items

Hope this may be useful :)
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

August 07, 2011, 10:15:11 PM #2495 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:16:40 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: RandomTBush on August 07, 2011, 09:42:41 PM
Right now, I'm gonna do some reverse-engineering on the DAE files to determine how the rigging is set up. I've got a general idea of how it's done now, but the matrices (basically, the "weighted positions") are confusing me.

Good luck figuring them out.

Quote from: Skyground95 on August 07, 2011, 10:04:11 PM
:happy: HYPE  :happy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I found out some information about collision files:


The 'Unknown 2' checkbox seems to only be used by the homerun contest barrier collision
(the one that blocks the sandbag and homerun bat, but not the players).
'Unknown 2' makes collision that works only for items.

'Unknown 1' makes it so that characters actually can interfere with the collision (as well as other things)
So if you uncheck 'Unknown 1', the collision won't work for characters.

Awesome Part:
If you uncheck 'Unknown 1', but check 'Unknown 2', the collision will work with only items  :af2:


To sum it up:
Unknown 1 = Collision for characters and everything else
Unknown 2 = Collision only for items

Hope this may be useful :)

Nice, I'll change them in Brawlbox.

Hehehe, ja that gives me an insane idea for a FD stage XD
*evil laugh of awesomeness*

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on August 07, 2011, 10:15:46 PM
Hehehe, ja that gives me an insane idea for a FD stage XD
*evil laugh of awesomeness*
now y do i have a bad idea about that...? o.e
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Also, there is some Collision materials (those named Footstep1, etc) that does not have any name/entry in BrawlBox.
The stages that have an unnamed material are as follows:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The collision with unnamed material will appear blank in the material box
(unless you first view a collision with a material that got a name entry, for example Footstep5, then the unnamed material vil appear with that name).
What I want you to do (BlackJax96) is to add a collision material entry for those materials who haven't got an entry.

I mean, if you feel like it ofcourse :P
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 07, 2011, 04:43:40 PM
EDIT: Finished adding a request requested way back in the thread.
"try not to hype"


I love you BJ! You actually remembered my request for viewing multiple models at once!

I realize now that i owe you........shiiiiiiiit lol
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on August 07, 2011, 11:01:10 PM
I love you BJ! You actually remembered my request for viewing multiple models at once!

I realize now that i owe you........LOVE! lol
^ fixed :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

GAH!!!
STUPID PEOPLE... YOU RUINED MY FREAKIN POST... AND NOW I don't remember what I typed  DX<

but it involved this:

and me needing BJ's help

URGENT INFO NEEDED!!!
and BJ's the only one who can read it.

EDIT:
if I wasn't on PS3, I would've copied before clicking post

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

can't believe I had to make a new post to type this...
stupid PS3... DX

@RTB:
if it's the matrices, they're flipped...
if you were to organize them as a 4x4 matrix,
read them vertically from the top-right, to the bottom-left

the weights are easy
(I forget the tag used)
< 1 1 3> - verts
< 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0> - weights
I believe that's how it goes >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Skyground95 on August 07, 2011, 10:04:11 PM
:happy: HYPE  :happy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I found out some information about collision files:


The 'Unknown 2' checkbox seems to only be used by the homerun contest barrier collision
(the one that blocks the sandbag and homerun bat, but not the players).
'Unknown 2' makes collision that works only for items.

'Unknown 1' makes it so that characters actually can interfere with the collision (as well as other things)
So if you uncheck 'Unknown 1', the collision won't work for characters.

Awesome Part:
If you uncheck 'Unknown 1', but check 'Unknown 2', the collision will work with only items  :af2:


To sum it up:
Unknown 1 = Collision for characters and everything else
Unknown 2 = Collision only for items

Hope this may be useful :)

This is useful as hell. Thank you very much, dude.

I wish I knew this a while ago...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: DSX8 on August 07, 2011, 10:33:45 PM
now y do i have a bad idea about that...? o.e


Because it'll drive you up the wal when you try to play on dat version >=D