Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

If BJ is hyped, I am double hyped.

Period.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



And now I have bad news. After testing three rebuilt models in-game, they had the exact same problem. None of the models show up and the game lags. I tried rebuilding Ike's MDL0 and testing that, and he showed up but his weights weren't right. Then I changed some code and now his vertices don't match up with the influences correctly... That means something very small is causing the problem... argh not again DX

You should instead think on how much you achieved. That what seems like bad news is just another obstacle that is still closer that what you had before, I assume.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Shirosan on August 10, 2011, 08:19:29 PM
You should instead think on how much you achieved. That what seems like bad news is just another obstacle that is still closer that what you had before, I assume.

Yeah, it's just another obstacle...
I'm not going to stop working on this until it works perfectly :D

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 10, 2011, 08:12:48 PM
And now I have bad news. After testing three rebuilt models in-game, they had the exact same problem. None of the models show up and the game lags. I tried rebuilding Ike's MDL0 and testing that, and he showed up but his weights weren't right. Then I changed some code and now his vertices don't match up with the influences correctly... That means something very small is causing the problem... argh not again DX
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

so close... but yet sooo freaking far D=
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

errors are a good thing ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 10, 2011, 08:27:17 PM
errors are a good thing ;)

They actually help in learning  :D
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



With errors or not, you're very far.

I'm rooting on you
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

w/o errors, I wouldn't be able to do this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=30310.0

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 10, 2011, 08:37:00 PM
w/o errors, I wouldn't be able to do this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=30310.0

Without errors, I wouldn't have gotten this far programming Brawlbox... heck without errors I wouldn't even know C# :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 10, 2011, 08:26:41 PM
Yeah, it's just another obstacle...
I'm not going to stop working on this until it works perfectly :D

*whacks BJ on the forehead with two fingers*
Errors are not important! Progress u made by fixing previous ones is~

*ten points if anyone gets the reference >_>*

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 10, 2011, 08:42:31 PMWithout errors, I wouldn't have gotten this far programming Brawlbox... heck without errors I wouldn't even know C# :srs:
*laughs*
same here with me and Python XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

this popped into my head when i was taking a shower like 40mins ago...

does this brawlbox (the next modset beta that is), automatically hex the models itself? and if so, does it do it for every mdl0 type? O.o

also, how's the progress coming along on that error fix?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady