Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 15, 2011, 12:20:54 AM
I've made up my mind. Looking at rotation calculating functions, writing my own rotation function would be a freaking nightmare. I'm going to use OpenNI.

gimme a "u"  gimme an "r" gimme an "AWESOME" what does that spell  :af: "YOU ARE AWESOME" :af:

i knew you'd see how helpful OpenNI would B in BBox

SuperSmasher

Well I've tested the model importer on OVER 9000 MODELS (not really, maybe like 5) and they all imported fine, whether they had bones or not. I think that as long as you follow the exporting guidelines I posted on the OP, you shouldn't have any problems :P I'm still working on getting rebuilt models to work in-game, it'd be nice if some people who know the MDL0 format reasonably well could help me test some rebuilt models in-game and pinpoint what's wrong (People like Tcll, RTB, Eternal Yoshi?, Myself, Idk :srs:)

Also, read through some of Kryal's old posts on smashboards. Sad stuff man, I wish he would've stuck around a little bit longer (although I guess I wouldn't be coding Brawlbox if he did...) D:

I'm questioning whether I should take up being the official coder of Brawlbox (instead of making modsets). Kryal hasn't been on smashboards for over half a year... I'm not sure if I can because it's copyright 2009 Bryan Moulton, but what do I know about copyrights. :srs:

...

i say take over from where he left off! ;D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

just make yourself the lead programmer
just say Kryal was the original developer ;)

copywrite's argument is now invalad >:3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I am sure kryal will give you promotion to edit his work where he end it.

I guess he wouldn't be disappointed, I think the other way :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

August 15, 2011, 07:14:40 PM #2720 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:04:20 PM by SuperSmasher
Hey BJ, maybe u will change ur mind about the "new mdl0 from scratch" idea after u have a look at a not so accurate depiction of myself but you get the idea. texture via Photo Shop etc.



as stated above not extremely accurate but close enough so, please reconsider, if you are using the primesense drivers i think they already support this feature.

SuperSmasher

Quote from: SuperSmasher on August 15, 2011, 07:14:40 PM
Hey BJ, maybe u will change ur mind about the "new mdl0 from scratch" idea after u have a look at a not so accurate depiction of myself but you get the idea. texture via Photo Shop etc.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


as stated above not extremely accurate but close enough so, please reconsider, if you are using the primesense drivers i think they already support this feature.

SuperSmasher

I only wanted to add Kinect tracking, and that alone is going take long enough to add. If you want to scan an object to use, just use another program and then convert that model to DAE so you can import it.

August 15, 2011, 07:28:49 PM #2722 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:03:35 PM by SuperSmasher
i suppose...

hey um... i dont suppose it would b 2 hard 2 add linux support without wine (an application that lets you use programs designed 4 windows on linux) i just want it to be natively supported
tnx in advance

SuperSmasher



everytime you change or add or move bones.
It change NodeTree?




well, I did it by hexing...
I changed "FFFFFF30" to "00000000" vaule.