Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

NaruZeldaMaster, Phantom Wings never was involved in BrawlBox' development nor did he create a modset (your most likely confusing him with Bero).


Oh right *facepalm* I keep forgeting kyral was the one who did it XP
Anyway that don't change the fact that the medifire link in the brawlvault needs to be updated/reuploaded for 0.63D

Cause that's the only one that can do vertexes perfectly atm.

August 22, 2011, 09:47:17 PM #2957 Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:17:45 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Mariodk on August 22, 2011, 03:13:12 PM
blackjax96 one think you should make to brawlbox in model preview then you making Animations

you can rename the animation names instead you have to Close model preview and open Fitmotionetc.pac then find the Animation again you want to rename while in model preview

same with import/add Animations while in model preview

ok

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on August 22, 2011, 03:41:20 PM
What determines Bone Index? Just the order of the tree? If so, once the rebuilder comes out, will it automatically change the Bone Index if you add/remove a bone?

Yes, and why wouldn't it, it rebuilds the model every time you make a change to the bone tree.

Edit: So I've merged the data streams (Kryal splits the vertices, normals, uvs and colors into 12 seperate streams) into facepoints and then grouped the facepoints into groups of 3 (a triangle) using the primitive indices used to render the model.

This is the part where I'm stuck. I don't get how the primitives are arranged. There is a matrix for each node id in the object's node id table and I tried writing them in order, but the problem with this is that the matrices can only go up to 9, then comes the primitives that use that node id, and then is the next 9 matrices, etc. All three facepoints' node id needs to be within the 9 matrix node ids, or the Triangle can't be in the group. I think because of this, a lot of Triangles aren't being written D: I also need to group the Triangles together into Tristrips and figure out some way to dynamically group everything.

I also get some freaking random error with UVs saying that it can't write the data because of "object reference not set to object instance" yada yada even though I'm not even using object variables :srs:

If you don't get any of that, I'll just state it like this: I'm having a rough time writing objects. The MDL0 file needs to be dead perfect to work, or it's no-go.

well I've got no idea what's up since my last post is 3 pages back...

I have some news though :)
my viewer is now starting to turn out.
I've implemented 40 viewing positions atm,
but I do hope to implement full rotation.

I've implemented a toggle for transforms as well,
JIC you want to view the untransformed model.

I'm  currently trying to implement faces and lines,
and will later implement polygons,
which will show the primitives instead of just triangles or quads.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 22, 2011, 09:47:17 PM
ok

Yes, and why wouldn't it, it rebuilds the model every time you make a change to the bone tree.

Edit: So I've merged the data streams (Kryal splits the vertices, normals, uvs and colors into 12 seperate streams) into facepoints and then grouped the facepoints into groups of 3 (a triangle) using the primitive indices used to render the model.

This is the part where I'm stuck. I don't get how the primitives are arranged. There is a matrix for each node id in the object's node id table and I tried writing them in order, but the problem with this is that the matrices can only go up to 9, then comes the primitives that use that node id, and then is the next 9 matrices, etc. All three facepoints' node id needs to be within the 9 matrix node ids, or the Triangle can't be in the group. I think because of this, a lot of Triangles aren't being written D: I also need to group the Triangles together into Tristrips and figure out some way to dynamically group everything.

I also get some freaking random error with UVs saying that it can't write the data because of "object reference not set to object instance" yada yada even though I'm not even using object variables :srs:

If you don't get any of that, I'll just state it like this: I'm having a rough time writing objects. The MDL0 file needs to be dead perfect to work, or it's no-go.

That's bad you are stuck D:

let me get this straight, all three need to share one Node ID to create a object(polygongroup) but you can only have 9 Node ID and problem with how to set them up?

I am not so good at polygons and vertexes but I can try to look them up :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

August 23, 2011, 12:56:35 AM #2960 Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:01:12 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: pikazz on August 23, 2011, 12:13:44 AM
That's bad you are stuck D:

let me get this straight, all three need to share one Node ID to create a object(polygongroup) but you can only have 9 Node ID and problem with how to set them up?

I am not so good at polygons and vertexes but I can try to look them up :3


No, it's like this:
Each objects has vertices.
Each vertex has an influence.
Each influence has a node id and is either a viewable bone node, or a "hidden" influence.
When writing a weighted object, you have to write a matrix value for each influence, but only once per appearance.
Each vertex has its assigned matrix, normal, uv and color values, making a "facepoint."
A Triangle is made up of 3 facepoints.
So if an object has 16 vertices, and the node ids for each are 0, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, & 10, you'd only need to write 11 matrices (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10), but 18 facepoints (6 triangles).

Here's an example object: (I'll only include position matrices for sake of explanation)
A matrix value includes the 20, node id, and index.
20 0000 B 000
20 0001 B 00C
20 0002 B 018
20 0003 B 024
20 0004 B 030
20 0005 B 03C
20 0006 B 048
20 0007 B 054
20 0008 B 060

90 00xx
All the facepoints that have node ids 0 - 8 go here.

20 0009 B 000
20 0010 B 00C

90 00xx
All the facepoints that have node ids 9 - 10 go here.

All the facepoints that are written need to be grouped as a triangle though. So I need to group by node id AND by triangle group. Luckily this should be possible, since matrices don't need to have the node id written in order.

I'm still trying to figure everything out, it's pretty complex imo DX

@BJ: hmmm

so you're about as far as me on understanding that ordeal...

look into the '30' primitive (I think) and see where that leads

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 23, 2011, 12:57:02 AM
@BJ: hmmm

so you're about as far as me on understanding that ordeal...

look into the '30' primitive (I think) and see where that leads

mmmmmK

Btw, I figured out that the node id doesn't need to be updated for all the primitives.
The node id is set like this:
First, bones that are used as an influence are assigned an increasing index.
Then, the hidden influences are assigned the increasing index.
Last, the remaining bones are assigned the increasing index.
So it wouldn't matter for weighted bones. The node id will stay the same, unless the bone isn't weighted (which is most likely the problem).
I also noticed that some models from other games set the node id in a different order: First being hidden influences, then bone influences, then remaining bones. I think as long as you don't change the order of the bones, you can rebuild the model with tree edits fine, as long as it was always a version 9 model and not ported to v9. I'm gonna test it now :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 23, 2011, 01:09:55 AM
mmmmmK

Btw, I figured out that the node id doesn't need to be updated for all the primitives.
The node id is set like this:
First, bones that are used as an influence are assigned an increasing index.
Then, the hidden influences are assigned the increasing index.
Last, the remaining bones are assigned the increasing index.
So it wouldn't matter for weighted bones. The node id will stay the same, unless the bone isn't weighted (which is most likely the problem).
I also noticed that some models from other games set the node id in a different order: First being hidden influences, then bone influences, then remaining bones. I think as long as you don't change the order of the bones, you can rebuild the model with tree edits fine, as long as it was always a version 9 model and not ported to v9. I'm gonna test it now :P
cant wait to hear the results!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on August 23, 2011, 01:16:45 AM
cant wait to hear the results!

Only two objects showed up in game. Still lagged, and nothing else showed up.
What the hell. :srs:


Quote from: diedhammer98 on August 23, 2011, 02:43:09 AMYou did test on BrawlBox modest 2?
:srs:
That's what he's working on.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 23, 2011, 02:33:33 AM
Only two objects showed up in game. Still lagged, and nothing else showed up.
What the hell. :srs:
damn really? that sucks big time x-x
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Segtendo on August 23, 2011, 02:55:15 AM
:srs:
That's what he's working on.

Technically I'm working on v0.64d. (v0.65 if I get model importing to work by then) :vyse:
The only "Modset 2" would be Bero's :srs:

I blame myself for the incompletion. I distracted BJ with random, stupid and unrelated conversations on the chat. D: