Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 02, 2011, 10:57:45 PM #3390 Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:01:59 PM by TokoyamiTheDark
Quote from: Tempo_ on September 02, 2011, 05:13:44 PM

LOL! :D I like this picture!

Quote from: pikazz on September 02, 2011, 08:58:41 PMI dont have 3ds max D;

I do. Would you like me to create a DAE file for you?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: Justin712 on September 02, 2011, 06:10:25 AM
No it doesn't, and that plugin is probably faster, so either is fine.

As for losing the weights, there's actually a really easy fix for that. Despite detaching an element, the skin modifier will save the changes to the weight that had been made to those now separate vertices. All you need to do to restore them is right click the skin modifier from object 1 and paste it over to object 2, and it'll move back to it's weighted position.

There are a couple extra steps to doing that though, you have to add an edit poly on top of the skin modifier, press the lightbulb to turn off the skin temporarily, detach what you want to, delete the edit poly modifier, turn back on the skin modifier, then finally copy it over to the newly detached object. If you don't use this method and instead use the editable poly that's underneath the skin, it'll reset your rig, which is definitely what you don't want.

I'll make a tutorial for that too if that isn't clear enough :laugh:

Alright and thanks. :) I actually needed that to fix a model, I would've had to re-rig the entire thing otherwise :O
I'd say that's a pretty clear explanation.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 02, 2011, 10:15:28 PM
^_^" Sorry to bother, but I'm facing a problem with the new BrawlBox. Whenever I use the Clean function on an animation, it corrupts the entire Fit###MotionEtc.pac. :-\

How does something like that happen? Hasn't happened to me... :srs:

Quote from: ds22 on September 02, 2011, 08:59:49 PM
A ripper like Direct X Ripper is usable, but like shown, it doesn't rip that smoothly.
Just use the MeshSmooth, VertexWeld or Smooth Modifier. :srs:
I prefer VertexWeld at 0.01. :af:

Btw, just gonna throw this out there, if your model is already rigged, don't bother re-rigging it to a Brawl skeleton. Just name the bones to be the same as a Brawl bone structure and use the animation porter. Seriously, that's the #1 reason why I added the animation porter in the first place. :srs:



:vyse:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 02, 2011, 11:30:56 PM
How does something like that happen? Hasn't happened to me... :srs:
I don't know. I use "Clean" on some animations and save. But next time I open it, make edits, and try to save, it gives me an error and doesn't save.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 02, 2011, 11:36:37 PM
I don't know. I use "Clean" on some animations and save. But next time I open it, make edits, and try to save, it gives me an error and doesn't save.

...What's the error?

You figured why cause In-Game Lags after editing Bone tree?

Quote from: diedhammer98 on September 03, 2011, 12:04:43 AM
You figured why cause In-Game Lags after editing Bone tree?

If I did, I would've said so by now.

Quote from: diedhammer98 on September 03, 2011, 12:04:43 AM
You figured why cause In-Game Lags after editing Bone tree?
stop asking the same thing over and over by now!! :rage:


anyways i do love this new BB tho, easy to make CSP!!!  and might be easy for SSS icons now o.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I tried to use clean.. it messed up a few of my key frames XD I'll stick with what I already got...
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



September 03, 2011, 01:01:48 AM #3398 Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:02:49 AM by BlackJax96
Dude, Justin, I love you. :srs:
PMD models are imported into 3ds Max as a single mesh so I can't detach all the elements without it deleting the rig, but the copying and pasting the skin modifier works flipping perfectly!
I added an edit poly to entire mesh, disabled the skin, ran the material detaching MaxScript, and then pasted the skin modifier back onto all the newly detached objects. It works like a charm! The rig is still there!

I mentioned this already, but I love you. :srs:

no homo

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 03, 2011, 01:01:48 AM
Dude, Justin, I love you. :srs:
PMD models are imported into 3ds Max as a single mesh so I can't detach all the elements without it deleting the rig, but the copying and pasting the skin modifier works flipping perfectly!
I added an edit poly to entire mesh, disabled the skin, ran the material detaching MaxScript, and then pasted the skin modifier back onto all the newly detached objects. It works like a charm! The rig is still there!

I mentioned this already, but I love you. :srs:

no homo
*feels the love*

awww bro love xDDD  lmao jk jk :af:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady



Model format used in MMD.

It's whar Roo got Flan's model.


...BTW Roo, is there an update of Flan's model? I saw a newer version of the Remi model, but haven't actually come across one of Flan.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: Roo on September 03, 2011, 01:31:27 AM
WOOOO!!! PMD'S!!!!! :af:

I can finally finish Suika with this new technique, rigged, textured and everything! :srs:

Pants to you my pallie. That'll keep Dao around for awhile longer. :af:
Now to actually IMPORT it. :srs:

Nah, I know you're trying. :af:

Quote from: Tempo_ on September 03, 2011, 02:20:22 AM
Model format used in MMD.

It's whar Roo got Flan's model.


...BTW Roo, is there an update of Flan's model? I saw a newer version of the Remi model, but haven't actually come across one of Flan.

I dunno what you're talking about. o.o