Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Roo on September 03, 2011, 02:43:22 PM
Oops, sorry I was referring to Suika. I was on the wrong page. >.<
in that case, it's better with more bones than less :3

also, it may be harder to animate it D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Is it possible to rig a custom model to another characters bones? So for example, say I have Rikku's model and I  have Marth's bones, is it possible to scale, rig, then import? Also, is there a tutorial (picture or video preferred) on how to import a DAE model yet?

yes, go to the OP and there should be a tut that Justin made (in words + pics)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


I haven't checked this thread in forever, but I came to see some sandbags pictures and a Mewtwo model!

Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 03, 2011, 04:30:58 PM
Is it possible to rig a custom model to another characters bones? So for example, say I have Rikku's model and I  have Marth's bones, is it possible to scale, rig, then import? Also, is there a tutorial (picture or video preferred) on how to import a DAE model yet?

Meh, I guess I could make one on how to import a dae maybe on Monday, if my mic works. Otherwise I can make one right now without myself talking if you want. I can always just put text at the bottom of the screen explaining what I'm doing.

Quote from: Roo on September 03, 2011, 02:00:50 PM
Amazing. O.O

But, are you sure having so many bones wont crash the game?

Nobody will know for sure until we get a model into the game first :vyse:

There's a model I'm trying to import, but it doesn't show up in Brawlbox.

I have models from City Escape in .3DS, when I import them to 3DSMax and export them as .DAE, the model is like invisible in Brawlbox.

What am I doing wrong?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Ricky (br3) on September 03, 2011, 05:50:48 PM
There's a model I'm trying to import, but it doesn't show up in Brawlbox.

I have models from City Escape in .3DS, when I import them to 3DSMax and export them as .DAE, the model is like invisible in Brawlbox.

What am I doing wrong?

Did you make sure you have the correct DAE exporting plugin, all the settings are the exact same as on the OP, and you separated all the objects by their material?

September 03, 2011, 06:11:57 PM #3443 Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:15:38 PM by Ricky (br3)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 03, 2011, 05:53:37 PM
Did you make sure you have the correct DAE exporting plugin, all the settings are the exact same as on the OP, and you separated all the objects by their material?

I'm sorry *facepalm*

Gonna try it again later.
I thought it was simpler.

EDIT: If someone wants to save me the work I'll gladly accept.
I'm going to build the stage like Mewtwo does, but with direct reference right inside Brawlbox.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Just updated Brawlbox with more bugfixes, including a problem with CHR0 entries having an incorrect display name but a correct "internal" name. Also made added bones have different names.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 03, 2011, 05:45:40 PM
Meh, I guess I could make one on how to import a dae maybe on Monday, if my mic works. Otherwise I can make one right now without myself talking if you want. I can always just put text at the bottom of the screen explaining what I'm doing.

Nobody will know for sure until we get a model into the game first :vyse:

Text at the bottom of the screen would be perfect actually, I'm capable of reading :p, and I'm sure others are too.

Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 03, 2011, 06:53:55 PM
Text at the bottom of the screen would be perfect actually, I'm capable of reading :p, and I'm sure others are too.

Alright, I'll make a text/video tutorial when I come back in an hour. :D

BJ96, I think the collision viewer is somewhat broken:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus


Now that the source is out, wouldn't that mean a Wii homebrew port of brawlbox is possible?