Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Skyground95 on September 03, 2011, 07:06:09 PM
BJ96, I think the collision viewer is somewhat broken:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Probably, because I had to change some stuff so multiple models would open. I'll fix it later.

Quote from: MANSTA8 on September 03, 2011, 07:49:20 PM
Now that the source is out, wouldn't that mean a Wii homebrew port of brawlbox is possible?

Did you not know that the source has been out for every version of Brawlbox this whole time?

Nope, I didn't know that, but now that I think of it, a Wii brawlbox wouldn't be that helpful, besides replacing files that are already on the SD card.

Quote from: MANSTA8 on September 03, 2011, 07:49:20 PM
Now that the source is out, wouldn't that mean a Wii homebrew port of brawlbox is possible?
...
What's the point?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


The model I fixed and imported in my tutorial:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Btw, I'm having some serious problems with CHR0 entries right now. For now, don't animate anything with v0.64d until I fix it and update the download. If you try animating anything, you'll see what I mean :srs:

Can anyone answer if you can simply rig the bones from a pre existing character (ex: marth) on a custom model and then import?

September 03, 2011, 09:24:48 PM #3455 Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 09:49:58 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 03, 2011, 09:21:36 PM
Can anyone answer if you can simply rig the bones from a pre existing character (ex: marth) on a custom model and then import?

Yeah, but only do that if the custom model doesn't have rigged bones already.
I have a link to a rigging tutorial written by Justin712 on the OP.

Edit: Ok, I updated Brawlbox again. Now there should be no problems animating at all.

Quote from: Skyground95 on September 03, 2011, 07:06:09 PM
BJ96, I think the collision viewer is somewhat broken:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



I just checked it out. It worked fine for me when opening multiple different stages. Have you updated to .NET Framework 4.0 yet? That might be the problem.

i was trying to import a Model to Brawlbox
first convert it from .obj to .dae (by blender since 3ds max dont working for me anymore)
then try to open it by Brawlbox but i can´t see the model only two bones TopN and TransN
i was trying to import a Iago model from KH(that parrot from Disney´s aladdin)
found the model on model Resource :D(they still dont got any DBZ models yet)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Awesome. So, I'd hate to be the guy who hasn't read every page (Not going to read 200 something pages, sorry.) and ask this question, but I have to. What's the problem -in technical terms- with getting these models from DAE > Brawlbox > Smash Bros ?

Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 03, 2011, 11:16:47 PM
Awesome. So, I'd hate to be the guy who hasn't read every page (Not going to read 200 something pages, sorry.) and ask this question, but I have to. What's the problem -in technical terms- with getting these models from DAE > Brawlbox > Smash Bros ?

The main problems are that the Brawlbox DAE parser is very specific on what it needs to read (which is why you need the specific DAE exporting plugin and need to have the same exporting settings as on the OP) and MDL0 objects can only have 1 material assigned to them, while 3ds Max can assign multiple materials to one object. You'll see what you need to do in the video (I'm still editing it right now).

Quote from: Gotenks on September 03, 2011, 10:41:19 PM
i was trying to import a Model to Brawlbox
first convert it from .obj to .dae (by blender since 3ds max dont working for me anymore)
then try to open it by Brawlbox but i can´t see the model only two bones TopN and TransN
i was trying to import a Iago model from KH(that parrot from Disney´s aladdin)
found the model on model Resource :D(they still dont got any DBZ models yet)

You have to fix the models first.

He said he needs to write objects, IIRC.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



So is there any ETA as to when models will be fully functioning in game?

Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 04, 2011, 12:20:27 AM
So is there any ETA as to when models will be fully functioning in game?

No. It's all random :vyse:


I like this newest BB, fixing all glitches for animations. It helped me finish my DownTaunt(Finish Sign), thank you.