Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

=3
*waits for it to be done*

Can you even make an installer, the kind that installs new registrys (file formats of course) for BB?? I mean, a full on installer would be difficult, but I mean somethin like the collada max plugin.

Also, for some reason my computer won't recognize or let me select BB as a "opens with" program. Either it doesn't show up or it won't let me click it/use it.

September 13, 2011, 07:38:15 AM #3886 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:39:26 AM by TommoPuppy
Easy fix.

1. Right-click, run as Administrator (if Vista or W7)
2. Go into BrawlBox options.
3. File associations ARE RIGHT THERE.

Problem solved, now you can double-click pac files

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 13, 2011, 01:26:48 AM
^

Here's an idea, since you know what the heck that coding [censored] means, how about getting some "groundwork" done on the real time psa edditor, that way BJ won't have so much of a workload when he starts working on it too :P

Im facepalming deeply inside.....

"help you out on another project (besides coding brlbx(wish i could help in that area. :srs: )"

Naru, what i meant by that line is that i wish i could help out with brawlbox, but i just don't know/understand enough of the codiong to do so.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 13, 2011, 02:13:49 AM
Thanks :af:
But I don't really have anything to ask for though. Most of the things I would want to ask for would probably take too long to do anyway, like a PSA or animations or vertex hacks and stuff. I'm not much of a requester. XD

No problem dude ;)
Lol, i don't mind, if you want a couple well-done animations for Nel, i'd be happy to put in the time and effort needed. Just gimme the run-down on how a couple of em will lookand if you have any videos it'll look even better.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 13, 2011, 02:21:36 AM
Any idea for a release date :l

He doesn't set release dates.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on September 13, 2011, 07:38:15 AM
Easy fix.

1. Right-click, run as Administrator (if Vista or W7)
2. Go into BrawlBox options.
3. File associations ARE RIGHT THERE.

Problem solved, now you can double-click pac files

You'd be suprised the amount of people who don't know that...:srs:
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


September 13, 2011, 03:07:39 PM #3888 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:00:26 PM by Tcll
Quote from: Ian Sullivan on September 09, 2011, 08:59:00 PMEDIT: Couldn't you simply swap the shader with some other characters? Or would it not be applied properly due to the naming of the polygons/bones/etc?
uugh... forgot about the quote thing...

anyways...
thanx for the correction XD

nodes (not shaders) are somewhat universal
all they do is add on to the materials colors

the only thing that's not universal about them would be the texture id in the material's shader.
(yes I've got a basic idea of how the texture reference works in mdl0 files) :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

This comment is more for me to remember, but:

Must one day replace the flower you grow from getting hit by Lip's Stick with a Pyonta hat.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Please ignore this. I didn't see that page 260 was here hehe.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 13, 2011, 02:21:36 AMO_o So like, are we going to be able to play animations in BB, and see what our PSA will look like at the same time? :D I mean like, play an animation, and it shows the hitboxes, graphics etc =3 Any idea for a release date :l
He said Christmas(at the least) is the release date.

Quote from: SmashClash on September 13, 2011, 07:24:40 PM
He said Christmas(at the least) is the release date.

That's for the new bb with the working DAE importer stuff :l

Has anyone besides me been getting some errors when trying a stage made with the latest brawlbox in brawl?
I get a buncha slowdown and the screen is entrily black instead of my stage being there...
And no it's not a DAE imported stage it's just a custom stage I was making.

Quote from: Ninka_Kiwi on September 13, 2011, 09:37:38 PM
Has anyone besides me been getting some errors when trying a stage made with the latest brawlbox in brawl?
I get a buncha slowdown and the screen is entrily black instead of my stage being there...
And no it's not a DAE imported stage it's just a custom stage I was making.

Actually, I did experience a problem similar to that when adding a platform to a stage I was making.

Yeah, I was using the newer version of Brawl Box, but I dunno if that's Brawl Box related or not.

Quote from: Ninka_Kiwi on September 13, 2011, 09:37:38 PM
Has anyone besides me been getting some errors when trying a stage made with the latest brawlbox in brawl?
I get a buncha slowdown and the screen is entrily black instead of my stage being there...
And no it's not a DAE imported stage it's just a custom stage I was making.
yeah i got the same thing by adding a platform onto FD just as a test... it made the stage all laggy and there was nothing seen at all.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

September 13, 2011, 11:00:30 PM #3896 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:05:55 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Ninka_Kiwi on September 13, 2011, 09:37:38 PM
Has anyone besides me been getting some errors when trying a stage made with the latest brawlbox in brawl?
I get a buncha slowdown and the screen is entrily black instead of my stage being there...
And no it's not a DAE imported stage it's just a custom stage I was making.
Quote from: Gamma Ridley on September 13, 2011, 09:40:12 PM
Actually, I did experience a problem similar to that when adding a platform to a stage I was making.

Yeah, I was using the newer version of Brawl Box, but I dunno if that's Brawl Box related or not.
Quote from: DSX8 on September 13, 2011, 09:50:10 PM
yeah i got the same thing by adding a platform onto FD just as a test... it made the stage all laggy and there was nothing seen at all.
It's the model rebuilder.
I clearly stated it doesn't work in-game. I only released that Brawlbox in hopes that someone would figure out the problem with it before I finished the importer. Even if you didn't change anything, that's the only thing I can think of that would cause that. I didn't change any other building code than MDL0.

Quote from: SmashClash on September 13, 2011, 07:24:40 PM
He said Christmas(at the least) is the release date.

No. It isn't a set release date.

Quote from: Tcll on September 13, 2011, 03:07:39 PM
uugh... forgot about the quote thing...

anyways...
thanx for the correction XD

nodes (not shaders) are somewhat universal
all they do is add on to the materials colors

the only thing that's not universal about them would be the texture id in the material's shader.
(yes I've got a basic idea of how the texture reference works in mdl0 files) :)

They're not "nodes." Did I mention I can read the Wii SDK in C++ now

well BJ... If they're not nodes, what are they?? (in 3D terms) because they're not shaders as they don't control the renderring of fur. The only thing they control is material color ramps and texture referencing. That sounds like nodes to me >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

September 13, 2011, 11:46:14 PM #3898 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:51:56 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Tcll on September 13, 2011, 11:38:02 PM
well BJ... If they're not nodes, what are they?? (in 3D terms) because they're not shaders as they don't control the renderring of fur. The only thing they control is material color ramps and texture referencing. That sounds like nodes to me >_>


There are too many other things named "nodes."
I mean, cmon. MDL0NodesNodeNode? :srs:

It also makes sense, shaders shade the model. :af:

well you know... My predictions were correct...
And I finally got 'enter' to work on this POC mobile phone >:O

But yea... That TEV structure w/in the material is the shader

The TEV structure referenced by multiple materials is the node.

Nodes basically manipulate the material colors, texture colors, or texture reference.
Nodes can also manipulate light and make them react differently to certain materials.

Shaders can't do that, BUT shaders CAN make objects look like glass, display multiple textures on an object, and much more.
They can also generate a texture on an object (if no image is used)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.