Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 26, 2011, 07:09:30 PM #4305 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:15:04 PM by Tcll
Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 23, 2011, 08:12:27 PMlet me know when you can get windows 7 OS to work on wii and then I'll be impressed :P
sry for late post...
havn't been on since friday X(

the only windows I've known to run on wii is 98
but it was extremely slow

I'd puke if 7 ever came on wii DX

EDIT:
Quote from: DSX8 on September 26, 2011, 04:52:23 AMhah u wanna talk bout a mess? mines more of a mess cause i have 2 monitor screens and both of them is almost filled with stuff xD mostly models and their animations.. and textures and stages
I could beat that :3
I have 3 monitors (1280x1024) with a custom theme giving me even more room >:3

all 3 desktops used to be completely filled...
until I got cubeDesktop anyways :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Tcll: since you do know pretty much about the model format, do you have any ideas where it can be an hidden offset somewhere that are link able from either vertices, nodes, normals, UV, objects, materials to any of them?
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on September 26, 2011, 07:13:17 PMTcll: since you do know pretty much about the model format, do you have any ideas where it can be an hidden offset somewhere that are link able from either vertices, nodes, normals, UV, objects, materials to any of them?
dude...
my last post is 8 pages back and I have no idea what's been talked about...

I've only got 1 hour and tons of other stuff to do while here...
(my head is spinning)

you need to be alot more spedcific on what you're trying to accomplish :P
otherwize I'd be able to better reply to your Q :)

best answer atm: (will prbly have better later)
check the material formatting on my resource thread and follow that ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on September 26, 2011, 07:19:22 PM
dude...
my last post is 8 pages back and I have no idea what's been talked about...

I've only got 1 hour and tons of other stuff to do while here...
(my head is spinning)

you need to be alot more spedcific on what you're trying to accomplish :P
otherwize I'd be able to better reply to your Q :)

best answer atm: (will prbly have better later)
check the material formatting on my resource thread and follow that ;)
oh D:

I mean, me bj96 and RTB think we have found out the problem of the ingame lag, howeber we dont know where it is. I believe it is any of that I said before.
cause we can add thing behind the MDL0 and everythings is okay, My bones are okay when I add those.
however, if we add something in the middle, it gets ingame lag and a part (or everything) is missing), it's the same when I tried to fuse mario cap onto a sandbag, ingame lag and only the mario cap is missing.

do you think there is an hidden/unknown offset somewhere? we are kinda desperate D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

September 26, 2011, 07:36:27 PM #4309 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:39:38 PM by Tcll
Quote from: pikazz on September 26, 2011, 07:29:18 PMoh D: I mean, me bj96 and RTB think we have found out the problem of the ingame lag, howeber we dont know where it is. I believe it is any of that I said before. cause we can add thing behind the MDL0 and everythings is okay, My bones are okay when I add those. however, if we add something in the middle, it gets ingame lag and a part (or everything) is missing), it's the same when I tried to fuse mario cap onto a sandbag, ingame lag and only the mario cap is missing. do you think there is an hidden/unknown offset somewhere? we are kinda desperate D:
hmm...

usually lag is caused when you're overworking your processor by giving it too many verts or faces,
or giving it too much data to process on the normals
(textures are aligned by the UV's but are usually drawn by the normals)

anyways...
for your case, from what you're telling me, you seem to be giving the processor an error at which it's trying to process per frame...

that could be due to either a shader error or a node error
(more likely a shader error as an invalad node would be rendered as NULL and skipped)

the errors source in this case would be the material. (prbly an invalad index)
I hope that helps :)

EDIT:
the node may also play a part too, so keep that in mind ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on September 26, 2011, 07:36:27 PM
hmm...

usually lag is caused when you're overworking your processor by giving it too many verts or faces,
or giving it too much data to process on the normals
(textures are aligned by the UV's but are usually drawn by the normals)

anyways...
for your case, from what you're telling me, you seem to be giving the processor an error at which it's trying to process per frame...

that could be due to either a shader error or a node error
(more likely a shader error as an invalad node would be rendered as NULL and skipped)

the errors source in this case would be the material. (prbly an invalad index)
I hope that helps :)

EDIT:
the node may also play a part too, so keep that in mind ;)
seems reasonable... O.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

September 26, 2011, 07:52:18 PM #4311 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:53:49 PM by pikazz
Quote from: Tcll on September 26, 2011, 07:36:27 PM
hmm...

usually lag is caused when you're overworking your processor by giving it too many verts or faces,
or giving it too much data to process on the normals
(textures are aligned by the UV's but are usually drawn by the normals)

anyways...
for your case, from what you're telling me, you seem to be giving the processor an error at which it's trying to process per frame...

that could be due to either a shader error or a node error
(more likely a shader error as an invalad node would be rendered as NULL and skipped)

the errors source in this case would be the material. (prbly an invalad index)
I hope that helps :)

EDIT:
the node may also play a part too, so keep that in mind ;)
thanks, now I know what we should looking for

but that you said doesn't fit in into the problem cause it gets ingame lag by adding 2 bones or more with BB cause it add there the bones should be O.o
i succeeded add 40 new bones at the end of the model fully working and works 100% ingame (and not by fortwaffles program)
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on September 26, 2011, 07:52:18 PMthanks, now I know what we should looking for but that you said doesn't fit in into the problem cause it gets ingame lag by adding 2 bones or more with BB cause it add there the bones should be O.o i succeeded add 40 new bones at the end of the model fully working and works 100% ingame (and not by fortwaffles program)
I'll have to get back to you on that...
I've got 3 minutes >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

September 27, 2011, 02:00:58 AM #4313 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:05:27 AM by Tcll
Quote from: pikazz on September 26, 2011, 07:52:18 PM
thanks, now I know what we should looking for

but that you said doesn't fit in into the problem cause it gets ingame lag by adding 2 bones or more with BB cause it add there the bones should be O.o
i succeeded add 40 new bones at the end of the model fully working and works 100% ingame (and not by fortwaffles program)
I'm on my wii :D
(meaning the network is back up) >:3

anyways...
I'm not sure exactly as to what the entire deal is with bones just yet :(

I wish I could DL and look at the format on my wii -.-*

WHY IS THERE NOT A HEX EDITOR FOR HB!!! >:O

and there were also 2 OS's I had >_>
(Linux and Unix)

Unix was an invalad app
and I appear to have done something wrong with Linux >_>

umm...
the only idea I have for your error is it could be an error with the "Links and Pipelines".
(definitions and bone_nodes in Brbx terms)
^yes I referenced brbx terms because I havn't talked about this area much.

the "Links and Pipelines" can be referenced from the primitive managers.

that may be the location of the error, as it seems to be something "inside the engine" :P
(it would prbly be a memory reference somewhere between the Primitives and the Links (definitions) that is invalid)
^IK BJ was having a bit of a problem with that area...
(I don't fully understand it either) >_>


also...
keep in mind I have nothing to look at...
I'm running on purely what's in my head... D:>

I hope I'm able to pinpoint a close range to the error >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

What's the progress in dae importing?

*Worthless attempt at re-railing*

Just finished coding some stuff.

Now if you rig an object to a single-bind, it will change the node ids for EVERY BONE (like it should) and fix ALL of the node ids in the matrices in EVERY SINGLE object! That means even if your model has the node ids built in a different order (like, a model from another game), Brawlbox will automatically fix all the node ids in the objects. :af:

I've also been fixing bugs and making improvements left and right. Hopefully once I think I'm done fixing/updating everything, it will work in-game like it should!

Your minds may be blown by how well Brawlbox can encode MDL0s by the time I get it to work in-game. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 27, 2011, 03:45:56 AM
Just finished coding some stuff.

Now if you rig an object to a single-bind, it will change the node ids for EVERY BONE (like it should) and fix ALL of the node ids in the matrices in EVERY SINGLE object! That means even if your model has the node ids built in a different order (like, a model from another game), Brawlbox will automatically fix all the node ids in the objects. :af:

I've also been fixing bugs and making improvements left and right. Hopefully once I think I'm done fixing/updating everything, it will work in-game like it should!

Your minds may be blown by how well Brawlbox can encode MDL0s by the time I get it to work in-game. :srs:
can u tell us wat kind of bugs and fixes uve done? O.o

and wat kind of updates mah good sir? :af2:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

September 27, 2011, 04:12:51 AM #4317 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:20:33 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: DSX8 on September 27, 2011, 03:50:53 AM
can u tell us wat kind of bugs and fixes uve done? O.o

and wat kind of updates mah good sir? :af2:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


All one MDL0. :vyse: I can even post it here if anyone wants it. :P

I even removed the crown from the MDL0 completely. Why you ask? Because I can :af:
Scratch that. Apparently it needs more work. :srs:

September 27, 2011, 04:14:43 AM #4318 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:17:06 AM by Mariodk
AWESOME!!!
(now do it to Sonic :D) or better Mario sitting on Yoshi´s back in one model
now can Peach/daisy in mario/Luigi Cloth get revamp
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 27, 2011, 04:12:51 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


All one MDL0. :vyse: I can even post it here if anyone wants it. :P

I even removed the crown from the MDL0 completely. Why you ask? Because I can :af:
Scratch that. Apparently it needs more work. :srs:
oh me like that ;D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady