Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on October 11, 2011, 10:06:06 AM
Stage builder blocks are glitching too, maybe it's easier to reverse-engineer that model instead of doing so with a character.

About your answers (thanks for them by the way)

2- I'm not home now to test, but I'm pretty sure the size of the model did change too, not only the offsets. And didn't add anything, only changed the material type, or one of the flags. I'll take a look later again anyway.

3- Why isn't it set up? Wasn't it important enough for the test, or it just can't be done yet?
1. Well, it seems that even models that are rigged to only one bone seem to have the same problem with polygon-based lag.

2. Yeah, the file size changed because the model gets rebuilt a bit differently than what the official MDL0s are like (mainly the materials), so it either adds in or removes a bunch of "00" bytes.

3. Shaders can be set up, but for the test it just uses the default, flat shader that BrawlBox automatically creates for it.

(EDIT: Bleh. Repairing Jigglypuff didn't work out properly. I'll try again to figure it out tomorrow.)

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 11, 2011, 09:50:23 AM
Anyway, I have now successfully (if you can say that) broken Jigglypuff's model -- I added in a shader, then deleted it immediately afterwards, so that only the offsets are changed and NOTHING ELSE, and it is now causing polygon lag with none of Jiggly's original polygons showing up in-game. Wish me luck, I'm gonna reverse-engineer this back into working condition.  :kdance:
that's awesome! :3

tried same thing on an simple model (an unedit sandbag lol)
and added 2 bones and removed them directly and saved.
only changes for me was the brres offset, bounds in header AND 3 00 turned into 61 in shading O_o
how did you add shaders? :[
Stupid Tinypic :C

Awesome! Keep up the good work, guys! I'm exited to have my very own MDL0s soon! I just hope the new BrawlBox could be released in an unexpected moment. Also, RTB, some models have no shading, it depends how they were made. One of my OCs over Lucas, called... Lucas, has no shading AT ALL because he was made in a TWW style of my own. So, characters I make this way don,t have any shadings, even when trying to put some on.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 11, 2011, 10:10:36 AM(EDIT: Bleh. Repairing Jigglypuff didn't work out properly. I'll try again to figure it out tomorrow.)
copy a material from someone who doesn't use flat shading, and edit it to fit your char ;)

the shader in that would then work with your char :)

EDIT:
or just copy the shader from the material and paste it over your char's material >_>

EDIT2:
JIC you're wondering, this is what a material shader looks like:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I've finally done another DAE model in 3DS Max, this time its Terra in her Esper Form. No one did it already, so... why not? I really like the Dissidia games, so I took her model and rigged her over Sheik's bones, but I accidently made some part bigger when trying to fit the bones inside the model *facepalm*
Only the 1st Ponytail bone survived, the others (02, 03 and 04) did not "survived" because they got deleted by 3DS Max when I saved because they were nowhere to be found... Ouchies...Will it still work anyways in the new BrawlBox?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Tokoyami, not to be rude or anything but could we keep the topic a bit more centered on the actual project ? :)
I know you can't wait to use it and want to start making models already, for when it comes out, but do consider that your projects are none of our business.

If you want to make a separate thread to talk about it or request help, be my guest. But posts here should be related to the project. Even if it's just "can't wait until it comes out" stuff.

Thanks. ~
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

You won't believe how many times that's been said love...
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I've even told him that help threads exist for a reason, yet he still asks questions in here...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Wow, the model is really perfectly. Except the shader.

Well...I think it's the time to leaving SSBB Hack...

Quote from: KTH on October 11, 2011, 05:35:53 PM
Wow, the model is really perfectly. Except the shader.

Well...I think it's the time to leaving SSBB Hack...
Are you kidding me?

Exporting in vertex hacks will not be a pain in ass anymore.

Geez, why do stage modders and vertexers think this will be so effortless to use? No, it will be not. So please stop whining and wait till it's released and then your modding will get a bit easier too. Newbies will have hard time using it, so it's not like your work will become worthless in a single second. It will be still appreciated by many.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

And? What is the rapport?

I think people going prefered more import model applying into Brawl model. The vertex going die and the stage builder too. With the newest Brawlbox that should be more easy maybe for the vertex but no one don't care cause the model DAE to Mdl0.

Quote from: KTH on October 11, 2011, 05:48:47 PMI think people going prefered more import model applying into Brawl model. The vertex going die and the stage builder too. With the newest Brawlbox that should be more easy maybe for the vertex but no one don't care cause the model DAE to Mdl0.
Someone has to get those model to work well in Brawl, you know.
Someone has to assemble those stages, you know.

Someone has to do it well, you know.

well, 'has' is a bad word, more like should, as no-one is forced to mod, right? But you get the point I hope
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: KTH on October 11, 2011, 05:48:47 PMAnd? What is the rapport? I think people going prefered more import model applying into Brawl model. The vertex going die and the stage builder too. With the newest Brawlbox that should be more easy maybe for the vertex but no one don't care cause the model DAE to Mdl0.
vertexs is wifi Friendly(if not bone renamed)
import i dont think will be Wifi Friendly even with same boneset as a brawl char. and there is many ppl who use only vertexs and play at tourneys
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Mariodk on October 11, 2011, 05:59:18 PM
import i dont think will be Wifi Friendly even with same boneset as a brawl char. and there is many ppl who use only vertexs and play at tourneys
I think the Kit import is rigged to ZSS's bones.
So, if we did that to other characters, we'd have perfectly playable imports.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Mariodk on October 11, 2011, 05:59:18 PM
vertexs is wifi Friendly(if not bone renamed)
import i dont think will be Wifi Friendly and there is many ppl who use only vertexs and play at tourneys
actually it will be wifisafe since the wifi problems are renamed bones since this makes the model get a brawl character boneset then it shouldnt desync wifi

Also just a quick question this brawl box wont be able to rip animations from other games? like SSBM or something like that would it? Its just model import right?(wich is amazing BTW xD)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.