Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 16, 2011, 01:45:30 AM
Sorry, been busy with real-life things.
??
not quite sure what you mean...
unless you mean that toward the format... >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on October 16, 2011, 01:02:30 PM
??
not quite sure what you mean...
unless you mean that toward the format... >_>
As in, I've been busy with things that aren't related to Brawl, things that don't involve my computer, etc.

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 16, 2011, 01:45:30 AM
Sorry, been busy with real-life things.
Quote from: Tcll on October 16, 2011, 01:02:30 PM
??
not quite sure what you mean...
unless you mean that toward the format... >_>

LOL are you serious? :srs:


Yeah, that was quite worthy...
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!




lol that was quite.... a blonde moment there tcll.. xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on October 16, 2011, 10:51:39 PM
So....how close are we on this shiz man? :D

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 14, 2011, 09:24:50 PM
Just got to figure out why only the first polygon group shows up in-game now. It's no longer a problem with the materials, it's something else... but what, exactly?
Although it's not always just the first polygon group. Making a cube and placing over Jigglypuff didn't work at all. Likewise with adding a bunch of bones to Kirby's Olimar model (to make it work over normal Kirby). :srs:

quite the conundrum this bug is.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Hey RTB, I think I found the flag that sets a texture to Clamp, Repeat, or Mirror!
More info in a bit

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on October 16, 2011, 11:20:32 PMquite the conundrum this bug is.
I'll say.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 16, 2011, 11:29:17 PM
Hey RTB, I think I found the flag that sets a texture to Clamp, Repeat, or Mirror!
More info in a bit
Ah, that'll be helpful to know, especially for stages and such.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 16, 2011, 11:29:17 PM
Hey RTB, I think I found the flag that sets a texture to Clamp, Repeat, or Mirror!
More info in a bit

wat
does that mean we will be able to change the way a texture is applied?
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 16, 2011, 11:34:26 PM
I'll say.
Ah, that'll be helpful to know, especially for stages and such.

Ok, the flag is located in the material references.

USetting is currently layerId1, VSetting is currently layerId2.

0 = Clamp, 1 = Repeat, and 2 = Mirror (Although I haven't seen mirror used yet).

Clamp is the default, so it will stretch the texture to fit.

Repeat is used to actually repeat the texture, or allow the UV coords to be greater than 1 or less than 0 (I checked the UV coord max and min for textures that used this setting, and they were indeed > 1 & < 0).

Everything seems to be matching up correctly... I need to test this out now! :af:

Also, the material texture matrices seem to be not XYZAB (like Kryal thought), but instead control the clamps:
X = U Max
Y = V Max
Z = Angle (?)
A = U Min
B = V Min

Wish I could put more ideas down, but That was as far as my trouble shooting ideas would go =\ Prob all i got's left is maybe check the poly code and try to apply it to a new imported model with the same poly groups, but not "rigged" to that char. Like take a char and try to poly group em with Sonic... then try to repoly group with oohh Capt Falcon.. see what the differences are. else I I wish you the best =\
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!