Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 20, 2011, 11:45:14 PM
Yes. But remember that OBJs cannot have rigging, so if you wanted to merge the models together it's best to export both as DAEs, then import 'em together and export as one.
ahh, okay. speaking of rigging, is there an "easier" tutorial, on how to rig than in the op?
also, keep up all the good work on this project.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You know, if we imported just the bones of a character into 3DS Max, and the character we're fitting them to doesn't line up, couldn't we just edit the size and length of the bones, without changing the names any?

About an easier tutorial I have three steps.

Step 1: Wait months for this to be finished
Step 2: Wait a little longer after we get a hyped preview of it almost working :af:
Step 3: Wait untill blackjacks gets the dang thing working one hundred percent before asking for an 'easier' tutorial :vyse:

Quote from: Tempo_ on October 20, 2011, 11:49:38 PMEDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I might want a Sukusku Hakutaku over Ivysaur. I love that cute little thing. ;D
Seconded. If I had a model of it, I'd do so myself.

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on October 20, 2011, 11:54:46 PM
I'm still drooling over Kit in brawl... I'm still wondering what Rtb's plan is for the Samus part....
Basically the Sol-Triumvirate suit, plus Samus's arm cannon and a customized Morph Ball.

Quote from: SrsBrawler on October 20, 2011, 11:55:46 PMahh, okay. speaking of rigging, is there an "easier" tutorial, on how to rig than in the op?
also, keep up all the good work on this project.
It's something that has to be learned by using 3DS Max / Blender / whatever over the period of a few weeks/months. It's not something that can be picked up within a couple of hours. Heck, I didn't even know how to do so until much, much later.

I have another idea...
Maybe the extra 0x10 bytes in the first material aligns the WHOLE MODEL to 0x20, meaning everything after the materials and before the vertices/etc would be even. That could solve the random "not-working-sometimes" problem. :srs: (RTB, you know what I'm talking about)

Edit: This is proving true for official MDL0s

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 21, 2011, 12:17:55 AM
I have another idea...
Maybe the extra 0x10 bytes in the first material aligns the WHOLE MODEL to 0x20, meaning everything after the materials and before the vertices/etc would be even. That could solve the random "not-working-sometimes" problem. :srs: (RTB, you know what I'm talking about)
Indeed I do... :srs:

The fix WORKED!!!
I made HEAVY EDITS to Nel's bone tree and saved the model, and it didn't lag AT ALL on the Wii. :srs:

Hell yeah. :vyse:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 21, 2011, 01:42:34 AM
The fix WORKED!!!
I made HEAVY EDITS to Nel's bone tree and saved the model, and it didn't lag AT ALL on the Wii. :srs:

Hell yeah. :vyse:
AWESOME!! :vyse:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 21, 2011, 01:42:34 AM
The fix WORKED!!!
I made HEAVY EDITS to Nel's bone tree and saved the model, and it didn't lag AT ALL on the Wii. :srs:

Hell yeah. :vyse:

I watch this thread like a hawk for days on end just so I can read stuff like that.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 21, 2011, 01:42:34 AM
The fix WORKED!!!
I made HEAVY EDITS to Nel's bone tree and saved the model, and it didn't lag AT ALL on the Wii. :srs:

Hell yeah. :vyse:
Yes!
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Spex130 on October 21, 2011, 01:51:12 AM
I watch this thread like a hawk for days on end just so I can read stuff like that.

Me too! I think I'm starting to go crazy, so much excitement recently I can barely contain myself, I just hope it works completely now.

This thread contains the most amount of Vyse :vyse:

Good job at ironing these errors guys!
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


]
Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 20, 2011, 11:32:58 PM
If you're cool enough, you can import any model and it doesn't need to match the original character's size. :vyse:

I will also warn you beforehand, I and mostly everyone else will only be downloading Roo's version of Flandre due to clear evidence of moveset and animation planning. :vyse:

So, model size doesn't matters after all. If only I knew this beforehand, I wouldn't have wasted 72 hours on 3ds Max creating not one, not two, but SIX Flandres for a 'Color Pack' over Pit *facepalm*. I do not know PSA to make my own animations so of course Roo's version will be more popular, what matters for me is people praising my skills.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 21, 2011, 01:42:34 AM
The fix WORKED!!!
I made HEAVY EDITS to Nel's bone tree and saved the model, and it didn't lag AT ALL on the Wii. :srs:

Hell yeah. :vyse:
Ultra-great job!!! :vyse: This is something I really wasn't expecting for! :vyse:
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 21, 2011, 12:13:16 AM
Basically the Sol-Triumvirate suit, plus Samus's arm cannon and a customized Morph Ball.
Omg hahaha that would be so wicked to see kit bust outa that armour into her breaker gear!! You got me drooling ever more so now.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: RandomTBush on October 21, 2011, 12:13:16 AM
Basically the Sol-Triumvirate suit, plus Samus's arm cannon and a customized Morph Ball.
*drool*
That's gonna be amazing.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]